News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

"welcome to the post-american century"

Started by bob-o, June 14, 2005, 10:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob-o

hi. i was wondering what that qoute meant exactly. i could guess it a bit, but i am not quite sure.
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: bob-ohi. i was wondering what that qoute meant exactly. i could guess it a bit, but i am not quite sure.

The Twentieth century was called "The American Century".

"The Post-American Century" is a term that both describes the century after, and the fact that America doesn't even PRETEND any more, to be the "free" country that it always billed itself as.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

gnimbley

This is the new tourist slogan the Chinese are having erected at all their
international airports.

Iron Sulfide

the odd thing is that no one in a position to benifit from the post american way coined the phrase...

it's the secreters hiding in the shoadows, using play-on-words to signal
to eachother...

the first of the final phases is at hand..
Ya' stupid Yank.

gnimbley

bob-o

"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

Cain

Quote from: gnimbleyThis is the new tourist slogan the Chinese are having erected at all their
international airports.

:lol:

East Coast Hustle

FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET BABY JEEBUS, SON!

THIS BOARD NEEDS YUO!

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bob the Mediocre

Quote from: Scribe
Quote from: gnimbleyThis is the new tourist slogan the Chinese are having erected at all their
international airports.

:lol:

welcome back. Hows the real world? (I really should try to visit it sometime)
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

Cain

Quote from: Tomorrow Comes TodayFOR THE LOVE OF SWEET BABY JEEBUS, SON!

THIS BOARD NEEDS YUO!

8)

This board can go cry a fucking river for all I care.  I'm dealing with issues and if people havent got it by now, fuck 'em.  Their only use is to soak up the bullets come the revolution.  Or counter revolution.  or when I finally snap.

AA, the world is a shitty place filled with tards who care not a whit beyond whats on TV and where their next meal is coming from.  They have a herd like mentality and tend to believe the last thing they were told.  Stay at Uni, thechance of finding someone without a self-induced frontal lobotomy may not be higher, but at least you arent working and there is more chance of getting laid.

East Coast Hustle

THIS BOARD NEEDS YUO!

8)

This board can go cry a fucking river for all I care.  I'm dealing with issues and if people havent got it by now, fuck 'em.  Their only use is to soak up the bullets come the revolution.  Or counter revolution.  or when I finally snap.

AA, the world is a shitty place filled with tards who care not a whit beyond whats on TV and where their next meal is coming from.  They have a herd like mentality and tend to believe the last thing they were told.  Stay at Uni, thechance of finding someone without a self-induced frontal lobotomy may not be higher, but at least you arent working and there is more chance of getting laid.

THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Verthaine

Quote from: Tomorrow Comes Today

THIS BOARD NEEDS YUO!

8)

8)

To bad the talking primates on this planet don't realize that the world doesn't have to be so shitty.
I've been to countless world where the locals haven't fucked up their world.Virtual Paradises.Highly technological races who's tech is "Nature Friendly"
And being "Human" isn't as unique as you think.

I've seen worlds that are literally Hell.That the way they made it,so thats the way they want it.
Worlds totally polluted.Vast radioactive wastelands.Amazing some of the things sentient species do to their own homeworlds."

According to my sources in the Trans D-Probabilistic Science Division of the Church of Eris,there a 34% chance(at this moment,the percentage can rise or fall,depending on a myriad of factors,If it gets over 60% I'll let you all know it's time to get the hell out of this planet) of Mankind(By that I mean the Xtians and the Muslems) nuking you all to the Stone Age within 100 years.
Mal-2 understood it very well(he'was a Trans-D traveller after all.) when He wrote in the PD

Do Not Let THEM Immenentize the Eschaton

We erisians need to awaken as many cabbages as we can.Then maybe we can make this a better world
Or we don't and take what's coming to us like the bitches we are.
The choice is ours.
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

Iron Sulfide

how bout:  eat a few cabbages and get the fuck on to somewhere else to
begin with?

mmm, prunin..

:twisted:
Ya' stupid Yank.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: gnimbleyfnord

I agree.
It smells funny.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Verthaine
Quote from: Tomorrow Comes Today

THIS BOARD NEEDS YUO!

8)

8)

To bad the talking primates on this planet don't realize that the world doesn't have to be so shitty.
I've been to countless world where the locals haven't fucked up their world.Virtual Paradises.Highly technological races who's tech is "Nature Friendly"
And being "Human" isn't as unique as you think.

I've seen worlds that are literally Hell.That the way they made it,so thats the way they want it.
Worlds totally polluted.Vast radioactive wastelands.Amazing some of the things sentient species do to their own homeworlds."

According to my sources in the Trans D-Probabilistic Science Division of the Church of Eris,there a 34% chance(at this moment,the percentage can rise or fall,depending on a myriad of factors,If it gets over 60% I'll let you all know it's time to get the hell out of this planet) of Mankind(By that I mean the Xtians and the Muslems) nuking you all to the Stone Age within 100 years.
Mal-2 understood it very well(he'was a Trans-D traveller after all.) when He wrote in the PD

Do Not Let THEM Immenentize the Eschaton

We erisians need to awaken as many cabbages as we can.Then maybe we can make this a better world
Or we don't and take what's coming to us like the bitches we are.
The choice is ours.

many of these planets' chamber of commerce want my head on sticks for cornering the moist towelette market whiel simultaneously pushing(and succeeding) for moist towelettes to become the dominant currency. soem of the others are/were/will be horribly polluted by my infinite selves.
Hell is other people.