News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Mirror Universe?

Started by BadBeast, January 19, 2012, 09:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Just intercepted [omitted]:
Interpreting the [] system in this way, three conditions need to be
satisfied in order to obtain the experience of a pure signal, asuming
that things work accordingly.  First, the "rest" condition is just to
register a zero value (normal) before and after [] interacts with a
particular [].  The second condition is registering a relative value
of minus one (-1).  The third condition is registering a value of
(+1).  The second and third conditions are interchangable depending on
the phase or initial angle of displacement.  Resonating with the []
produces the patern 0, -1, 0, +1, 0...  The rate of this [] produces
the experience of a particular pure [].  If the sequence is out of
order, the [] is probably not pure and, corespondingly, the
translation results in a different[] experience.  Whether the sequence
is alternating at []or [], there needs to be a mechanism performing
error correction by checking for inconsistencies in the sequence.
This error correction is enabled by checking the current state against
the last.  The value of the current state is given, however, how is
the previous state being accesed?   This question is not trivial.
:fap:

BadBeast

Quote from: LuciferX on January 28, 2012, 06:28:52 PM
Interpreting the [] system in this way, three conditions need to be
satisfied in order to obtain the experience of a pure signal, asuming
that things work accordingly.  First, the "rest" condition is just to
register a zero value (normal) before and after [] interacts with a
particular [].  The second condition is registering a relative value
of minus one (-1).  The third condition is registering a value of
(+1).  The second and third conditions are interchangable depending on
the phase or initial angle of displacement.  Resonating with the []
produces the patern 0, -1, 0, +1, 0...  The rate of this [] produces
the experience of a particular pure [].  If the sequence is out of
order, the [] is probably not pure and, corespondingly, the
translation results in a different[] experience.  Whether the sequence
is alternating at []or [], there needs to be a mechanism performing
error correction by checking for inconsistencies in the sequence.
This error correction is enabled by checking the current state against
the last.  The value of the current state is given, however, how is
the previous state being accesed?   This question is not trivial.
:fap:
Truly? I have no fucking idea at all. My lack of mathematical skill is lamentable. I left school at 15, and I had shit maths Teachers. My input in this thread is pure speculation, with no basis in any scientific method whatsoever.

Anyway, I figure there's enough scientific types around here to get to grips with the actual mechanics involved. That's why I threw this out here in the first place.
My own particular talents (As some of you know only too well) are more along the lines of being able to jump entire chunks of logical process, in a single bound. My sparks of inspiration might just provide enough light for you to follow along behind, filling in the huge gaps in my theory.

Or they may be the light that destroys my credibility as a theoretical Quantum Engineer forever.

But that's a risk I'm prepared to take. It won't stop me from continuing to use questionable sources, and wild speculation to illustrate what might well be the greatest scientific discovery mankind has ever tried to formulate.

Your :fap: response at the end of your last post could be taken as cruel, and perhaps a little bit hurtful. And a lesser man than myself might take offence, and use it as an excuse to mask his lack of the pre requisite scientific skills necessary, in undignified and pointless flaming.

But I'm not like that. I'm more than content to forgive you, in a supercilious sounding, but really quite tongue in cheek way. Almost as if I was really offended. (Which I assure you I'm not)

So if we can put all that silly ego based posturing behind us, you can get on with working out the little details that are beyond my expertise, and I shall forge ahead with theoretical applications of this wonderful and groundbreaking technology.   8) 
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on January 27, 2012, 09:12:06 PM
You *do* realize the poles change every few hundred-thousand years or so, right? I mean, they've proven that it's happening right now.

Please to be googling:
Aurora Borealis
Geomagnetic field
The poles
Magnetosphere
Solar wind
Geomagnetic polarity flip

I'm less concerned with the the "butterfly effect" of cumulative minute changes in the geomagnetic field and more intrigued by things like the same effect on parallel universes, unseen dark matter, unified theories and (while we're at the magnet thing) room-temperature superconductors

I really want  the poles to finish flipping in my lifetime, because I want to see what happens.

Didn't the sun's poles flip last year sometime? But they flip every 11 years or something, right?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

Quote from: Nigel on January 29, 2012, 02:14:07 AM
You *do* realize the poles change every few hundred-thousand years or so, right? I mean, they've proven that it's happening right now.

Please to be googling:
Aurora Borealis
Geomagnetic field
The poles
Magnetosphere
Solar wind

I'm less concerned with the the "butterfly effect" of cumulative minute changes in the geomagnetic field and more intrigued by things like the same effect on parallel universes, unseen dark matter, unified theories and (while we're at the magnet thing) room-temperature superconductors

I really want  the poles to finish flipping in my lifetime, because I want to see what happens.

Didn't the sun's poles flip last year sometime? But they flip every 11 years or something, right?
I think so, yeah, and it provides the impetus for El Nino. (I think El Nino comes along a year after the reversal)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Telarus

The reversal timing is all sort of whack, and not really that stable:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Juana

Quote from: Nigel on January 29, 2012, 02:14:07 AM

Please to be googling:
Aurora Borealis
Geomagnetic field
The poles
Magnetosphere
Solar wind

According to my geologist grandfather, not much. Aurora Borealis and such will be seen in unusual places, but according to him, that's really it. I'm a little more concerned on what's going to happen to the birds and animals that use the poles as a guide during migration season.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

minuspace

Quote from: BadBeast on January 28, 2012, 07:19:13 PM
Interpreting the [] system in this way.
Truly? I have no fucking idea at all. My lack of mathematical skill is lamentable. I left school at 15, and I had shit maths Teachers. My input in this thread is pure speculation, with no basis in any scientific method whatsoever.

Anyway, I figure there's enough scientific types around here to get to grips with the actual mechanics involved. That's why I threw this out here in the first place.
My own particular talents (As some of you know only too well) are more along the lines of being able to jump entire chunks of logical process, in a single bound. My sparks of inspiration might just provide enough light for you to follow along behind, filling in the huge gaps in my theory.

Or they may be the light that destroys my credibility as a theoretical Quantum Engineer forever.

But that's a risk I'm prepared to take. It won't stop me from continuing to use questionable sources, and wild speculation to illustrate what might well be the greatest scientific discovery mankind has ever tried to formulate.

Your :fap: response at the end of your last post could be taken as cruel, and perhaps a little bit hurtful. And a lesser man than myself might take offence, and use it as an excuse to mask his lack of the pre requisite scientific skills necessary, in undignified and pointless flaming.

I momentarily found myself as though on the other side of a mirror and thought  :fap: was expressive of that state...  The irony is now in the infinite cascade of recursive self-questioning I seem to have slipped into a world mistaken.  The responsibility for that bad act is mine.  If necessary, measures can be taken to have unwanted elements stricken from the record?

navkat

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 28, 2012, 12:39:53 AM
Quote from: navkat on January 27, 2012, 09:12:06 PMI'm less concerned with the the "butterfly effect" of cumulative minute changes in the geomagnetic field and more intrigued by things like the same effect on parallel universes, unseen dark matter, unified theories and (while we're at the magnet thing) room-temperature superconductors

Ummmmm what?

parallel universes are a hypothesis

dark matter, if it exists, is really really far away

unified theory--we're not there by a long shot, and I don't see what it has to do with magnetic poles?

superconductivity1 ... our current best result is -138C (-216F) anything room temperature is crackpot territory, but even if it's just hyperbole, what's it to do with magnetic poles?

1which was discovered by a Dutch physicist in my home town in 1911

I'm allowed to be intrigued by those hypotheses, no?

BadBeast

Quote from: LuciferX on January 30, 2012, 05:12:15 AM
Interpreting the [] system in this way.

I momentarily found myself as though on the other side of a mirror and thought  :fap: was expressive of that state...  The irony is now in the infinite cascade of recursive self-questioning I seem to have slipped into a world mistaken.  The responsibility for that bad act is mine.  If necessary, measures can be taken to have unwanted elements stricken from the record?
Nah,it was just me being facetious Mate.
But that "Through the looking glass" thing can be very disorienting. I went to a nightclub once, (Over 20 years ago )after partaking of some rather fine blotter acid, and there were loads of mirrors there. At one point, I was sure I had actually walked through one of the mirrors and was stuck on the other side, because everything was back to front.
The mirror "me" on the other side had a knowing expression on it's face, that seemed to say "Let's see how you like being the reflection". I'm still not certain if I ever got back. or if it was just the acid. But this thread owes a lot to the experience. 

Nephew Twiddleton

Thats pretty freaky dude.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

I've learned to live with it. It's not so bad.

minuspace

Enter dr. K. stage right...

The Good Reverend Roger

And I am that lesser man.

LuciferX, you are a complete cunt.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: navkat on January 30, 2012, 05:37:21 AM

Yeah ... I just realized I actually don't have a fucking clue what this thread is about.

What are we doing here, then? Free association on fringe physics topics? Can you explain me what's going on? I don't even understand what the thread was supposed to be about ... :?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 30, 2012, 08:27:37 PM
Quote from: navkat on January 30, 2012, 05:37:21 AM

Yeah ... I just realized I actually don't have a fucking clue what this thread is about.

What are we doing here, then? Free association on fringe physics topics? Can you explain me what's going on? I don't even understand what the thread was supposed to be about ... :?

Let me answer your question with a question:  Do you have a goatee?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.