News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

POFP

Yeah, my conservative Catholic family was saying that the moment they heard he was running as a Rebuplican. They've been anti-trump the whole time, which makes them not as bad.

I have to say, him being a Democrat aimed at destroying the Repiblicants was my go-to assumption in the beginning, and I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case come election time.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 04, 2016, 03:10:16 PM
It depends what you mean by build.

If you mean cheap land sales to friends, surprisingly expensive feasibility studies and money going to companies for construction work with nothing to show, etc. Etc. then yes, yes he is.

Nailed it!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

So, it's been a week, what's new?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37080909

QuoteDonald Trump's campaign team must disclose all pro-Russia links, Hillary Clinton's manager has said, following new allegations in the New York Times.
The paper said ledgers earmarked $12.7m (£9.8m) in undisclosed cash payments from a pro-Russia political party in Ukraine to Mr Trump's campaign head Paul Manafort between 2007 and 2012.
His lawyer said Mr Manafort had not received any such payments.

Fuck all, I guess apart from lawyers now speaking for Manafort. Which implies he taken legal advice to the effect of "shut the fuck up". This is a less than ideal position for a campaign manager who may want to comment on things from time to time.

QuoteThe Times quoted Mr Manafort's lawyer, Richard Hibey, as saying his client had not done so.
"It is difficult to respect any kind of allegation of the sort being made here to smear someone when there is no proof and we deny there ever could be such proof."

"We hid it really well, offshore, in a trusted friends name, good luck finding it because you're not even looking for a US national either"

Hey Cain or others who may be familiar with such things, let's say I had a £10 million bribe sat somewhere and they want to pay me and ensure we both never get caught. What's the standard practice at the moment? I assume you'll sacrifice a percentage but I'm pretty confident there's still a shitload of ways and means to accomplish this.

No points for answers just consisting of "HSBC".

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

But HSBC is the best answer  :sad:  They've raised systemic criminality to a level that there needs to either be a new word for it, or else we have to let all the other commercial banks off the hook for such charges.

Usually you're going to want to play games with shell companies, the real owners hidden through a long chain of paperwork.  Overcharging for real services rendered is still frequently used (the Italian journalist/blackmailer Mino Percorelli used to "invite" his victims to buy one of his paintings, as my favourite example of this) or of course the classic direct donation to a charity or foundation, though strictly speaking that works better to influence the foundation itself than the people who may be running it.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 15, 2016, 12:15:57 PM
But HSBC is the best answer  :sad:  They've raised systemic criminality to a level that there needs to either be a new word for it, or else we have to let all the other commercial banks off the hook for such charges.

Usually you're going to want to play games with shell companies, the real owners hidden through a long chain of paperwork.  Overcharging for real services rendered is still frequently used (the Italian journalist/blackmailer Mino Percorelli used to "invite" his victims to buy one of his paintings, as my favourite example of this) or of course the classic direct donation to a charity or foundation, though strictly speaking that works better to influence the foundation itself than the people who may be running it.

This guy sounds like my kind of people. Were the paintings utterly terrible too?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Probably, as he wasn't making a living as an artist.  Sadly, he was assassinated in 79...possibly something to do with P2/Gladio/Mafia murkiness.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 15, 2016, 01:19:08 PM
Probably, as he wasn't making a living as an artist.  Sadly, he was assassinated in 79...possibly something to do with P2/Gladio/Mafia murkiness.

Strangely, at least 1/3 can be directly linked to trump. Would not be surprised if the others turn out to be involved in his campaign.

In other news , there was apparently a roast of trump in 2011. Only jokes allegedly not allowed were ones suggesting he's potless.

Two things are odd about this. The first is that when someone becomes defensive about something, it's often a sore spot and probably too close to the truth for him to deal with. The second is that the writers didn't immediately change the script to hammer that home repeatedly. I really don't get the logic there at all. The worst that could happen was that he walked out which then puts you into TV gold territory.

Pergamos

Junkenstein

Da6s

warning: auto-play video
http://boingboing.net/2016/08/18/while-eating-mans-face-flor.html

QuoteAnyway, turns out young Mr. Harrouff was a Donald Trump fan, and while biting chunks of his victim's face off, the teen was wearing a "Make America Great Again" cap.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Cain

America has gone from being a Ballard novel to a Palahniuk novel.

Junkenstein

Manafort apparently resigned.

Expected changes include:

1 - Nothing.

Cain

Especially since he was replaced by a guy whose main claim to fame is turning Breitbart.com into a clearing house for "alt-right" (read: overtly racist) material