News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

TV show recommendations?

Started by Brotep, May 24, 2010, 02:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brotep

It's not like I need to waste more time watching tv, but if I do, I want to waste it on something good.

So, which tv shows do you prefer, and why?

Vene

Power Rangers. Power Rangers all the way.

Abbess Jade

Dr. Who. Funny, interesting, and great for passing time.

Juana

Glee (funny)
Pushing Daisies (cute and funny)
Antiques Roadshow (um, I'm secretly old)
House (who can resist Laurie?)
The Office (funny!)
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Freeky

That show about Tucson. It's okay, even if it isn't the real deal it gives a good feel for non-natives.

Also, wrestling, and um, Chowder, Ugly Americans, Adventure Time With Finn and Jake (fucking kick ass highly recommended), Um.

Rumckle

Hmm, Supernatural is pretty cool, the first season's good, but it gets great after that. pretty much, and action/comedy with demons, werewolves and the like.

Burn Notice is good too, plus you may learn something (about explosives, torture, espionage, that kinda stuff). I'm not sure if everything they say is true, but the most of the stuff I know about they seemed to know how it works.

Also, Dr Who was good, but I haven't seen the new series yet, so I can't comment on the new Dr.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

BADGE OF HONOR

Fringe is good.  It's the X-Files of the 21st century.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Requia ☣

Quote from: Abbess Jade on May 24, 2010, 02:33:44 AM
Dr. Who. Funny, interesting, and great for passing time.

Which Doctor(s)?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Iason Ouabache

House. Lie to Me. Psych. Numberwang.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BADGE OF HONOR

And Castle is pretty fun, though some of the episodes make me want to slit my wrists they're so bad.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

navkat

Suu

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on May 24, 2010, 04:23:39 AM
And Castle is pretty fun, though some of the episodes make me want to slit my wrists they're so bad.

I haven't actually gotten a chance to watch it, but it's Nathan Fillion and it HASN'T been cancelled yet, so that's a plus.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

-Kel-

almost any HBO series....like, six feet under, the sopranos, deadwood, true blood, rome

been digging the tudors, and just finish lost.

I wouldn't really bother with lost though tbh. the whole series is just one moment of "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?!?!?" after another. They did wrap it up at the end, but a lot of people are pissed at the finale tonight. 

Suu