News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

[GROUP PROJECT / GASM] Refractions

Started by Cramulus, February 08, 2012, 05:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Eh, could be my system is just overtwitchy.  :)  I'll hit it with a rock later and check the site out.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cramulus

If it's cool, I'm going to move this to Think For Yourself, Shmuck subforum so it doesnt' get buried by apples.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on February 10, 2012, 03:26:46 PM
If it's cool, I'm going to move this to Think For Yourself, Shmuck subforum so it doesnt' get buried by apples.

But now it's in the douchy section.   :?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on February 10, 2012, 03:30:20 PM

Loveit!
(also, if y'all are posting on other sites, a nice and quiet shoutout would be nice, but not mandatory)
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cramulus

Quote from: Net on February 08, 2012, 10:30:07 PM

love this! I used it here: http://23ae.com/2012/02/demons-are-everywhere-now/ - hope that's cool :)

is that actually a person in the photograph? Or was that superimposed later? I like how it looks like you can see through his eye

Luna

These are awesome!

Remember, NOT limited to writing on the image, linking the image and doing a story/rant/whatever is just text is good, too!

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Luna

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's so beautiful! Why is it sitting there all boarded up?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on February 18, 2012, 04:39:32 AM
That's so beautiful! Why is it sitting there all boarded up?

I was intrigued, so I did some digging.  This is the Chase House, in Portsmouth, RI.  The best writeup on the place I could find was here:

http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4246

QuoteThe house itself is valued at about 6,500 dollars. The property it sits on is valued at about 1.6 million dollars.

Can't imagine how much damage has been allowed to happen to the place to have it valued so miserably, I'm not sure it'd even be salvageable...  Had I won that RI lottery ticket that hit this week, though, I'd at least look into it.  It's beautiful, even in the shape it's in.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cramulus on February 10, 2012, 04:05:31 PM
Quote from: Net on February 08, 2012, 10:30:07 PM

love this! I used it here: http://23ae.com/2012/02/demons-are-everywhere-now/ - hope that's cool :)

is that actually a person in the photograph? Or was that superimposed later? I like how it looks like you can see through his eye

Thanks man, I'm glad you dig it. It's cool to use the pictures I posted ITT with any writing even loosely connected with the Refractions project.

That's an actual person. I took that shot with a shitty camera phone that I knew would add heavy texture and distortion. It was taken in heavy fog walking over the on-ramp to the Morrison Bridge towards downtown at 2am. Here's a Google maps version of the same place:

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Forsooth

i always like stucco ceilings, connecting all the patterns while bored and staring at it