News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Photo Art Fart

Started by Mother John Frumm, October 22, 2007, 12:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

That picture of the coiled rope from inside the factory... it has the word "nipples" written right next to it.

Cramulus

I really enjoyed those, thanks!

and to Julie - welcome aboard!

DO NOT go post a Hello in the Intro thread.
It's a trap; people will shit directly into your lungs.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on October 26, 2007, 07:31:36 PM

It's true. This is why the internet was designed as a series of tubes.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Mother John Frumm

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on October 26, 2007, 03:41:00 PM
I dig yr stuff, dude. What city are you in? I'm pretty into urban exploration, but up until recently, haven't had access to a very good camera with which to take pictures. I took a ton in an old abandoned battery factory in the town I grew up in, but they came out pretty terribly because of my shitty camera. :cry: I really like your stuff, though--what camera are you using? And plz share city, because if it's anywhere near me, I totally wanna make an expedition to check that stuff out myself. :wink:
thanks. I'm using a Nikon D50 with a series of different lenses, I get good results I'm tolerably pleased with myself.  :lulz: I live in upstate NY, Binghamton. It's actually the city where Rod Sterling grew up, the guy who wrote the Twilight Zone, it sets the tone for my pictures I think.
Quote from: Julie on October 26, 2007, 04:37:44 PM
I'm terrified of posting anything at all on this forum, but I have to start somewhere and this seems almost safe, so...

I like your photos.

There!  Done!  I stated an opinion.  Let the shredding me to pieces begin. 
welcome! I'm new here too, so don't be too scared.   
Quote from: Khara on October 26, 2007, 06:35:30 PM
Really nice work! 

I have to admit though, the doll is just disturbing to me.

I call the doll pic "Creepy Baby FTW!"

Quote from: Cainad on October 26, 2007, 06:40:15 PM
That picture of the coiled rope from inside the factory... it has the word "nipples" written right next to it.

I also noticed and wondered. I mean I'm as a fan of nipples as the next gal, but...I'm not sure about galvanized ones

thanks for enjoying
"He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots"

"...I also move for GPS drone fighting forces to guard McVeighs grave in case he re-rises like the messiah and plays games with me like Patrick Swaze did to Demi Moore in Ghost..."

Riches v. McVeigh et al  http://news.justia.com/cases/jonathan-lee-riches/

Julie

Thanks for the warning.  There's only one local Discordian I'd allow to shit directly into my anything, and there'd have to be some pretty special circumstances for that.

Quote from: Mother John Frumm on October 27, 2007, 02:34:30 AM
welcome! I'm new here too, so don't be too scared.

I appreciate the welcome, but I don't think the fear will wear off for a few years.
...at least I'm not a douche.

hunter s.durden

I really enjoyed those, thanks!

YOu thought you could hide this n00b from me?
NEVAR!

Everything you do is just a seedling of failure. HA!
This space for rent.

Nast

The photos are very nice! They have a lot of emotion behind them.
I actually find the picture of the desk, chair, and orange bear very disturbing; it brings to mind peeling paint and entropy and abandonment. The fact that someone used to live there is damn unsettling.

Anyway, I recall stumbling across a site with lots of photographs like these a while back.
I forget the photographer's name, but he took many photos of abandoned psychiatric words and steel mills and fiber factories and the like. They were very beautiful and unsettling at the same time.
Bricks were indeed shat. 
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mother John Frumm

the pic with the bear was from this place called the Lincoln Hotel that is abandoned now, its very creepy in there. There are all these beds still in the rooms and lots of signs of habitation. I suspect that people squat there on occasion, still its one of favorite places to go take pictures. I like finding chairs and clothes and things like that, I'll post some more pictures soon from the hotel. 

"...I also move for GPS drone fighting forces to guard McVeighs grave in case he re-rises like the messiah and plays games with me like Patrick Swaze did to Demi Moore in Ghost..."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

I live in upstate NY, Binghamton. It's actually the city where Rod Sterling grew up, the guy who wrote the Twilight Zone, it sets the tone for my pictures I think.

pffft binghamton is not upstate. you are DOWWWN state.

ps cool photos

Mother John Frumm

Quote from: mian tiao noodle on October 28, 2007, 02:43:39 AM
I live in upstate NY, Binghamton. It's actually the city where Rod Sterling grew up, the guy who wrote the Twilight Zone, it sets the tone for my pictures I think.

ps cool photos

:lulz: :lulz: you are right

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Mother John Frumm on October 28, 2007, 02:58:53 AM
Quote from: mian tiao noodle on October 28, 2007, 02:43:39 AM

ps cool photos

:lulz: :lulz: you are right

Saying that you live in "Upstate NY" is common slang for "I live in New York State, but not the fucking city, you uneducated twit." The actual geography is irrelevant.

Mother John Frumm

yeah when I lived in Texas whenever I told someone that I was from New York, they all thought it was the City. To most people in the City anything more than a few miles up from there is upstate, so I guess it's relative.  :lulz:

Mother John Frumm

Heres some more of my pictures

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Mother John Frumm on October 28, 2007, 02:44:01 PM
yeah when I lived in Texas whenever I told someone that I was from New York, they all thought it was the City. To most people in the City anything more than a few miles up from there is upstate, so I guess it's relative.  :lulz:

yeah, but since i live in the state, hours north of you, i KNOWWWWW you arent UP but downnnn

stoopid city needs its own name stead of just taking the states name. i vote to rename it Fredtropolis

Sir Squid Diddimus