News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

White Student Union forms at Georgia State

Started by Suu, August 01, 2013, 11:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on August 03, 2013, 04:28:34 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 02, 2013, 06:39:26 PM
Also this:

Quote"We want a homeland where we are a majority," he said. "We have a government of traitors... White people who express a desire for a homeland are labeled as haters." He ended his speech to applause: "Think of secession...Think of hometowns. We have to build them ourselves... Survival is the first law. We have no choice but to keep fighting."

Guess it sucks if you're a non-whitey where Jared wants to play Aryan Washington.  Because nothing says "a strong nation-state that's well-defended but at peace with the world" like ethnic cleansing.

I always figure folks like this should go back to Europe.

Because Europe doesn't have any brown people?  :?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on August 03, 2013, 04:53:26 PM
Also this:

Quote"We want a homeland where we are a majority," he said. "We have a government of traitors... White people who express a desire for a homeland are labeled as haters." He ended his speech to applause: "Think of secession...Think of hometowns. We have to build them ourselves... Survival is the first law. We have no choice but to keep fighting."

Guess it sucks if you're a non-whitey where Jared wants to play Aryan Washington.  Because nothing says "a strong nation-state that's well-defended but at peace with the world" like ethnic cleansing.

Even my dad's hometown has a black guy, and they're in the middle of nowhere.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

tyrannosaurus vex

"Minority" technically means "less than half" in places like Congress. But even then, it isn't really referring to numbers, it's referring to power. The "Minority Party" is the party that doesn't get to to call the shots. So while the etymological history of the word "minority" might come from a definition of numbers, its usage and just about every context it is used in today refers to being at the mercy of another group: whether that other group is larger per se, or just more powerful.

In terms of race, "minority" means -- let's face it -- non-white. Not necessarily because there are MORE whites, but because it is the whites who call the shots. How is this hard to understand?

If you want to talk about political power in a democracy, it's disingenuous to talk about percentages of the whole population anyway. The whole population isn't where political power is exercised. If you want to get a better idea of who is a minority and who isn't, look at the legislative, judicial, and executive offices that are in charge. And if you look there, I'll bet you will always find that whites comprise a much larger majority than their respective percentage of the general population.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Pergamos

Also this:

No, cause Europe has actual homelands that racist shits can be nostalgic about in a way that makes any sense.   proclaiming part of the US, which is all stolen land settled by people who have become mixed race anyway, as a homeland for some sort of pure white race doesn't make sense to anyone but the sort of jackasses who think they need a white student union.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on August 03, 2013, 09:47:36 PM
Also this:

No, cause Europe has actual homelands that racist shits can be nostalgic about in a way that makes any sense.   proclaiming part of the US, which is all stolen land settled by people who have become mixed race anyway, as a homeland for some sort of pure white race doesn't make sense to anyone but the sort of jackasses who think they need a white student union.

Europe is also mostly stolen and settled by people who have become mixed race, depending on how far back you go. Except maybe Iceland, I think they're still pretty pure/uninvaded.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Pergamos on August 03, 2013, 04:26:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2013, 04:22:47 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on August 02, 2013, 06:48:08 AM
Quote from: Pæs on August 02, 2013, 06:40:39 AM
Pergamos, can you define the word "minority" as used in this conversation?

group that is less than half of the total.

So whites are in fact a minority of the students of Georgia State, being only 38% of the student body.  Meanwhile as a percentage of American Citizens whites will remain the majority for a few more decades.

Well, then.

Let's say you have 3 subgroups:

Whites at 38%
Blacks at 30%
Hispanics at 28%
Asians at 4%

Who is the majority?

There isn't one.  There's 3 sizeable minorities and a tiny minority (and apparently no middle easterners at all)

The point.

You just missed it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Johnny

Permagos, i still have the hypothesis that you are infected by some conservative memes, which show to light in things like "racists should go back to Europe", because it takes for granted that racists are of white/european ascendency and that europe is indeed for white-euros...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Pergamos

Quote from: The Johnny on August 04, 2013, 04:29:12 AM

Permagos, i still have the hypothesis that you are infected by some conservative memes, which show to light in things like "racists should go back to Europe", because it takes for granted that racists are of white/european ascendency and that europe is indeed for white-euros...

Most conservatives I talk to insist that blacks and hispancs are more racist than whites.  I have seen writings by black and Hispanic racists, but never actually met one, I'm in favor of Racist blacks going back to Africa and Racist Hispanics going back to Mexico too though.  I'd mostly like racists to go somewhere else so I don't have to deal with them. 

The Johnny

Quote from: Pergamos on August 04, 2013, 04:41:26 AM

Most conservatives I talk to insist that blacks and hispancs are more racist than whites.  I have seen writings by black and Hispanic racists, but never actually met one, I'm in favor of Racist blacks going back to Africa and Racist Hispanics going back to Mexico too though.  I'd mostly like racists to go somewhere else so I don't have to deal with them.

"As long as X bad thing happens to Y group that doesn't incude me, I couln't care less for X"
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Can you not notice that the core idea is still "X race people should go back to their respective countries"?

I know you have mutated the idea in a certain sense, but it still has strong resonations with it.

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Uh huh.  What if the Black and/or Hispanic racists don't want to go? 
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 04, 2013, 05:12:27 AM

Uh huh.  What if the Black and/or Hispanic racists don't want to go? 

Stop me if I'm way off base here but all I see Pergamos doing is mocking the racist "go back to where you came from" mantra by jokingly suggesting that whites go back to Europe. I'm not really picking up any deeper "conservative" agenda driving this line of attack, which is a fairly universal tactic in the textbook American Progressive repertoire of counter-racism maneuvers.

The entire thread to this point is about the racism of whites vs. non-whites and the term "minority" being by definition off-limits to whites (at least in America), so Pergamos' use of "racism is a white thing" as a context for his [obviously tongue-in-cheek, as far as I can tell] statements is, at least at this point in this thread, hardly off base from what's been going on up to this point.

Having said that, I would have to oppose any kind of "racist relocation" program for two reasons. First, because I don't even want to think about what might happen if there was a country somewhere full of people who were completely OK with the idea of eliminating anyone among them who didn't fit the right description, and then when they ran out of domestic scapegoats, turned their fucked up gaze on people outside their borders. Secondly, I think it's important to keep racists among us to A) dilute their influence, and B) provide easily recognizable and readily available examples to remind people what happens when you let insecurity and resentment turn you into complete monster.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why would racist Hispanics go back to Mexico? Why not Spain? Since that's where they CAME FROM.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on August 04, 2013, 04:10:37 AM
Quote from: Pergamos on August 03, 2013, 04:26:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2013, 04:22:47 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on August 02, 2013, 06:48:08 AM
Quote from: Pæs on August 02, 2013, 06:40:39 AM
Pergamos, can you define the word "minority" as used in this conversation?

group that is less than half of the total.

So whites are in fact a minority of the students of Georgia State, being only 38% of the student body.  Meanwhile as a percentage of American Citizens whites will remain the majority for a few more decades.

Well, then.

Let's say you have 3 subgroups:

Whites at 38%
Blacks at 30%
Hispanics at 28%
Asians at 4%

Who is the majority?

There isn't one.  There's 3 sizeable minorities and a tiny minority (and apparently no middle easterners at all)

The point.

You just missed it.

He's just going to continue ignoring the fact that he's insisting on using the word "minority" completely wrong in this context. Because, you know, ook ook. It might be embarrassing to admit he had it wrong. But not at all embarrassing to pretend he was right and refuse to acknowledge his mistake. No, that's not cringingly embarrassing at all.
:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You don't have to deal with black or Hispanic racists though. Clearly.

There's your first clue about that whole "social power" thing.