News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

2366 words since I started yesterday, not including footnotes and headers.  With those, it's like, uh, 17500 or something.  If I can knock out another 1200 words today, I can call it quits, write a conclusion tomorrow, then mail this thing off.

Salty

Today was the last day before taking my new ironclad quarterly week off, but my back is telling me it will lock up for a week if I work today, and I am listening.

You have to know when to say no.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Jesus fucking christ I'm fucking tired. I'm having one of those "everybody wants a piece of me" terms, and it is not unlikely that the result will be that I go into hiding for a while.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on January 18, 2014, 07:15:41 PM
Today was the last day before taking my new ironclad quarterly week off, but my back is telling me it will lock up for a week if I work today, and I am listening.

I need to get better at this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 18, 2014, 07:43:43 PM
Quote from: Alty on January 18, 2014, 07:15:41 PM

I need to get better at this.

I find the memory of horrible pain and immobility help motivate me.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

East Coast Hustle

I just use "NO" as my default position and require people to convince me otherwise about pretty much everything. It's a sort of militant skepticism.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 18, 2014, 08:41:47 PM
I just use "NO" as my default position and require people to convince me otherwise about pretty much everything. It's a sort of militant skepticism.

Skepticism, like, totally limits your consciousness, man. Studies have shown that the universe operates on open frequencies so you have to be, like, open to receive them. Man.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

East Coast Hustle

Frankly, I can't find ways to limit my consciousness nearly enough for my liking.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Left

Allergy and asthma attack in progress.  All inhalers (4) taken, Pseudoephedrine in system as of 1 hour ago, 200 milligram caffeine pill taken, chlorpheniramine taken, zyrtec taken, accolate taken, quercetin megadose taken.
Out of generic allegra ATM.
Now drinking my second big-ass coffee of the day, laced with 50 milligrams of benadryl.  Only have 50 milligrams more benadryl. :eek:

Lungs opening, though, so I can wait until I go off-shift, I think, to acquire more.  Don't want to drag someone over here with emergency benadryl.

...Feeling fairly cheerful otherwise.  Going to make myself do algebra and study Spanish today.

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 18, 2014, 08:41:47 PM

I've noticed that there are some people whose default is "Why?" and others whose default is "Why not?".

I tend to be a "Why not?" person, but I kind of wish I was more of a "Why?" person, because I say yes too much and then I end up exhausted and overstretched. Like, I'm going out tonight, but I don't really want to.

StandBackJack

I'm more of a "You First!" kinda person.

LMNO

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 18, 2014, 09:19:47 PM
Frankly, I can't find ways to limit my consciousness nearly enough for my liking.

This is awesome.

Cain

Final stretch now.  Just gotta write a conclusion, do the bibliography and maybe spruce up the rather lacklustre abstract.  And with 36 hours to spare, as well.  I have learnt from my undergrad days.

LMNO

Nicely done, sir.  Does it then go through the editorial thresher, or does it get published as-is?

Cain

Oh, this won't get published.  This is school work, so it sits in a desk for forever.

Though I am going to ask about how copyright pertains to my uni essays.  Common sense dictates that I would own it, but common sense and copyright rarely align on purpose.  I'm thinking I can use whittled down versions of my essays as submissions to my writing masters (as it takes me about a week to do the research and write the paper, leaving no time for anything else), thus making up for a lost week in writing...assuming I do, in fact, own my writing.