News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Legality day one netted my state $250,000 in tax revenue.

Started by Da6s, January 03, 2014, 08:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 13, 2014, 05:54:38 PM
Didn't someone we know once insist that tax revenue would be nowhere NEAR the millions predicted?

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Look, is being right ALL that important, when you have assets to think about?  You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs, and you can't protect your assets without ruining some children's lives.  So tax money isn't that big of a deal, right?  Though I suppose you COULD use that tax money to pay for more prisons for people who are too Black guilty for diversion.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

that revenue is nowhere near to paying for social costs though   :fnord:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Johnny on January 13, 2014, 07:16:53 PM

Billions of children dead from injecting the pot drug:  Priceless.

For everything else, there's millions and millions in revenue.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Johnny

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 07:18:03 PM

well, as long as its the right type of children, then technically one IS reducing social cost... you need to be alive to waste/spend money and budget
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Johnny on January 13, 2014, 07:26:38 PM

well, as long as its the right type of children, then technically one IS reducing social cost... you need to be alive to waste/spend money and budget

You want to hear something funny about Americans, Johnny?

They think the drugs are in the poor neighborhoods.   :lulz:

Any teenage crack dealer can tell you that you go where the money is.  It's the middle class/rich kids do the serious shit.

Junkenstein

Same goes in the UK, with the same logic.

Why sell E at £3/pill when you can get £10? Just imagine what you can make out of the ever rebellious weed.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Johnny

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 07:28:49 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on January 13, 2014, 07:26:38 PM

You want to hear something funny about Americans, Johnny?

They think the drugs are in the poor neighborhoods.   :lulz:

Any teenage crack dealer can tell you that you go where the money is.  It's the middle class/rich kids do the serious shit.

oh, well i think thats a bit of a universal representation of drugs=poor people... nobody does the math on how much cocaine, heroin or acids/synthetics cost for a frequent user... poor addicts resort to other kinds which are cheaper like meth or crack... so the only variance is budget and type of drug.

-B.F. Skinner

tyrannosaurus vex

I wonder how long it will be until "POT IS A GATEWAY DRUG" just completely devolves into "DON'T SMOKE POT, YOU'LL TURN BLACK."
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: V3X on January 13, 2014, 09:37:10 PM
I wonder how long it will be until "POT IS A GATEWAY DRUG" just completely devolves into "DON'T SMOKE POT, YOU'LL TURN BLACK."
:lulz:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Left

It's not that poor people do more drugs; it's that poor people go to jail for doing drugs. But y'all knew that.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/florida-rep-trey-radel-pleads-guilty-cocaine-possession/story?id=20949551
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Pergamos

I think it evolved the other way.  Wasn't that the basic message of Reefer Madness?

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Pergamos on January 17, 2014, 11:28:15 PM

I think it evolved the other way.  Wasn't that the basic message of Reefer Madness?

Yeah, but it never really got far from that source, and the 21st century seems to be all about scrambling to give up what little progress was made in the 20th.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

I'm pretty sure we could quantify this by seeing what percentage of articles about pot in the US media directly referenced or interviewed Snoop Dog.

Pergamos

Quote from: Cain on January 18, 2014, 10:19:20 AM
I'm pretty sure we could quantify this by seeing what percentage of articles about pot in the US media directly referenced or interviewed Snoop Dog.

I didn't read any that referenced him, didn't he move to Jamaica and change his name?

Cain