News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Lets play Pokemon: Nuzlocke Mode (WARNING: PICTURE HEAVY)

Started by Stelpa, August 14, 2011, 05:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stelpa

Meh, my savefile got corrupted :(

Oh well, I guess this just wasn't meant to be. Sorry for making a dumb thread, I will try not to do it again :P

Stelpa

/thread

Please don't bump, it'll annoy people

<3 Stelpa

Eater of Clowns

I don't think anyone's annoyed NEKK, I just don't think anyone really gets it.

I mean, I play Pokemon and I still don't get it.  Don't let that stop you though, if you feel like starting a second save file.  If you're having fun with it, do it the fuck up.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Stelpa

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 16, 2011, 09:27:59 PM
I don't think anyone's annoyed NEKK, I just don't think anyone really gets it.

I mean, I play Pokemon and I still don't get it.  Don't let that stop you though, if you feel like starting a second save file.  If you're having fun with it, do it the fuck up.
I am honestly not totally sure what I was thinking, EoC. I learned about Nuzlocke and thought it'd be interesting, but if I am the only one who cares, I could always just host it on some blog or something where it wont bug everyone else on the forum. I was thinking of ending it anyway, even before the save got fucked up, just for the sake of not irritating/confusing people, so I guess it's just the way it worked out. Oh well, its not a huge deal, let's just leave this thread and move on :P

PS My username is Stelpa now, could you please not call me nekk? Thanks! :)

PPS Ok, NOW the thread is over :P

Elder Iptuous

Irritating and confusing people is the bread and butter of this place, Nekk.
fair ball!
i just thought, perhaps, i was missing something...

Stelpa

Quote from: Iptuous on August 16, 2011, 09:55:19 PM
Irritating and confusing people is the bread and butter of this place, Nekk.
fair ball!
i just thought, perhaps, i was missing something...
Hehe, nope, just me being dumb :P

Maybe one day we can continue the adventures of Björk... who knows  :eek:

Nephew Twiddleton

Nekk you do realize now we're going to not only continue to call you nekk but also bump this thread right? I mean we kinda have to.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Welcome back btw. Havent seen you here in a good long while.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on August 16, 2011, 11:53:34 PM
Nekk you do realize now we're going to not only continue to call you nekk but also bump this thread right? I mean we kinda have to.

I was going to say this earlier, but nekk being the only other discord rep (on this board and that I know of) in my city, I can't be part of that. 

WE WILL CHOOSE SIDES!

welcome back nekk. 

shit, I did it again.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Stelpa

Reeducation

I am very calm

Rumckle

Quote from: Stelpa on August 14, 2011, 05:11:34 AM
Hey spags, thought we'd try something different here in RPG-land. Hopefully you guys consider Pokemon a roleplaying game, and if not, what the fuck do you call it?

Anyways, in case you are wondering what "Nuzlocke Mode" means, it means that I am following a few special rules to make Pokemon more challenging and interesting:

1. Once a pokemon faints, it is dead. No reviving, no anything. You can either choose to keep it in a box permanently, or release it as soon as possible (I chose the former)

2. When you enter a new area, route, or whatever, you must catch the first pokemon you see. If you can't catch it, or it dies, well, sucks for you. You may only catch the first pokemon you see in an area, and no others.

3. If you "white out" (run out of pokemon), you are dead. Game over. Yep.

4. Give nicknames to every pokemon you catch, it helps you become more attached.

This will be played on FireRed Version, but it works on any pokemon game of the normal style, as far as I know. So, yeah, wish me luck, here we go!

This seems like an interesting way to play. Though it would involve a lot of grinding to make sure you don't actually white out in Gyms and the like (and possibly need to use lots of repels).

Also, the 2nd rule seems like it may need to be bent you want to catch some of the pokemon that only turn up once per game (like Mewtwo or the legendary birds). I think what I'd replace the second you can only catch one of each Pokemon per game (ie only one pidgey, one ratata  (etc) and when they faint you can't replace them with another pidgey or ratata). Even make it so you can't catch evolved versions too.

Either way, I may have to try a more difficult attempt.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Stelpa

Quote from: Rumckle on August 24, 2011, 11:32:17 AM
Quote from: Stelpa on August 14, 2011, 05:11:34 AM
Hey spags, thought we'd try something different here in RPG-land. Hopefully you guys consider Pokemon a roleplaying game, and if not, what the fuck do you call it?

Anyways, in case you are wondering what "Nuzlocke Mode" means, it means that I am following a few special rules to make Pokemon more challenging and interesting:

1. Once a pokemon faints, it is dead. No reviving, no anything. You can either choose to keep it in a box permanently, or release it as soon as possible (I chose the former)

2. When you enter a new area, route, or whatever, you must catch the first pokemon you see. If you can't catch it, or it dies, well, sucks for you. You may only catch the first pokemon you see in an area, and no others.

3. If you "white out" (run out of pokemon), you are dead. Game over. Yep.

4. Give nicknames to every pokemon you catch, it helps you become more attached.

This will be played on FireRed Version, but it works on any pokemon game of the normal style, as far as I know. So, yeah, wish me luck, here we go!

This seems like an interesting way to play. Though it would involve a lot of grinding to make sure you don't actually white out in Gyms and the like (and possibly need to use lots of repels).

Also, the 2nd rule seems like it may need to be bent you want to catch some of the pokemon that only turn up once per game (like Mewtwo or the legendary birds). I think what I'd replace the second you can only catch one of each Pokemon per game (ie only one pidgey, one ratata  (etc) and when they faint you can't replace them with another pidgey or ratata). Even make it so you can't catch evolved versions too.

Either way, I may have to try a more difficult attempt.

There is a whole forum dedicated to nuzlocke rules, and some people play with extremely complex rulesets! Here is the site:

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/index/

Good luck :)

Don Coyote

Wow. Looks like this old forum devoted to single-player D2 hardmodes i used to visit.