News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Mangrove on November 02, 2012, 03:17:27 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 01, 2012, 10:52:40 PM
Good perspective. It drives me nuts that this is a cryptotheocracy these days. We have separation of church and state by law but if you dont go to church every sunday no one will vote for you. Its like its a european monarchy where the head of state is required to have church membership. Only our head of state hs a little wiggle room when it comes to denomination

The same separation of church & state whereby the Presidential inauguration is preceded by an 'invocation' followed by a swearing in ceremony on a Bible.

Note: Swearing in is NOT required to be on a Bible.  Teddy Roosevelt did not use a Bible, John Q. Adams swore in on a book of law. 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Elder Iptuous

what would be the GOP reaction of a president swearing in on a Jefferson Bible, which strips out the mysticism?
they love the hocus pocus, but they love the Jefferson, too....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 05, 2012, 03:48:19 PM
what would be the GOP reaction of a president swearing in on a Jefferson Bible, which strips out the mysticism?

No they don't.  They threw Jefferson out of the Texas schoolbooks, IIRC, because he was a Godless hippie.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mangrove

Quote from: Luna on November 05, 2012, 03:05:42 AM
Quote from: Mangrove on November 02, 2012, 03:17:27 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 01, 2012, 10:52:40 PM
Good perspective. It drives me nuts that this is a cryptotheocracy these days. We have separation of church and state by law but if you dont go to church every sunday no one will vote for you. Its like its a european monarchy where the head of state is required to have church membership. Only our head of state hs a little wiggle room when it comes to denomination

The same separation of church & state whereby the Presidential inauguration is preceded by an 'invocation' followed by a swearing in ceremony on a Bible.

Note: Swearing in is NOT required to be on a Bible.  Teddy Roosevelt did not use a Bible, John Q. Adams swore in on a book of law

Aha! Thank you for the update. Didn't know that   :)
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Roosevelt was actually sworn in on a copy of the Necronomicon, bound in the freshly stripped flesh of children and gifted to him by J.P. Morgan.

Trufax, ITT

Mangrove

http://www.lashtal.com/forum/index.php?topic=5893.msg72965;topicseen#new

Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2012, 04:41:23 PM
Roosevelt was actually sworn in on a copy of the Necronomicon, bound in the freshly stripped flesh of children and gifted to him by J.P. Morgan.

Trufax, ITT

I see your insanity good sir and raise you a:

http://www.lashtal.com/forum/index.php?topic=5893.msg72965;topicseen#new 

(Aleister Crowley blamed for 9/11)
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on November 05, 2012, 03:49:36 PM

No they don't.  They threw Jefferson out of the Texas schoolbooks, IIRC, because he was a Godless hippie.

a good chunk of them do.  the survivalist, don't-tread-on-me, section love Jefferson and they are in an alliance right now with the religious right , but perhaps it would be an interesting wedge...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 05, 2012, 05:12:02 PM

a good chunk of them do.  the survivalist, don't-tread-on-me, section love Jefferson and they are in an alliance right now with the religious right , but perhaps it would be an interesting wedge...

Balls.  Show them anything Jefferson wrote, and they'll be lining up to lynch the old hippie.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on November 05, 2012, 05:13:06 PM

Balls.  Show them anything Jefferson wrote, and they'll be lining up to lynch the old hippie.

perhaps you're right.  i still think it would be a good exercise to see the reaction of using the jefferson bible for swearing in.
at the very least, it would further lessen their claim on being 'in the spirit of the founders'...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 05, 2012, 05:30:46 PM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on November 05, 2012, 05:13:06 PM

perhaps you're right.  i still think it would be a good exercise to see the reaction of using the jefferson bible for swearing in.
at the very least, it would further lessen their claim on being 'in the spirit of the founders'...

What's really funny is that most of those tards think:

1.  Jefferson penned the constitution, and

2.  Benjamin Franklin was one of the early presidents.

Elder Iptuous

i think you're right on the first point.
But, it says Benjamin was a president right there on the hunnert dollar bill!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 05, 2012, 05:48:04 PM
i think you're right on the first point.
But, it says Benjamin was a president right there on the hunnert dollar bill!

He was president right after Alexander Hamilton.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."