News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Your Very Own Holy Book (TM)

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, February 21, 2012, 05:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

So, here's the idea:

• I don't know where all the awesome essays are, and I am too much of a lazy asshat to find them all on my own
  • You (possibly) don't happen to have the skills or software readily available to do layout work for stuff that you may want to have available all together in print format

So, what I'd like to offer is Your Very Own Holy BookTM service! You give me a list of the things that you'd like in easy-to-print format, we check for proper kopyleft/CC permissions, then I design a booklet for you to print out. Printing is super easy if you have a fancypants printer with duplex settings, or you can just take it to a Staples and then they eat the extra paper costs when the first printing inevitably comes out upside down.

Booklets are 16 pages (half-page size) including front and back covers. All booklets will be designed in black and white unless otherwise specified.

Your Very Own Holy BookTM is not a layout and publishing service for other projects. If you are part of a finished project that needs layout I'd be happy to help there, too, but that's something different. Your Very Own Holy BookTM is a way for people to have their favorite essays off the board, intermittens, the PD, and whateverall else they include in their personal little clusterfuck of discordianism in one shiny package. I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

Cuddlefish

Heh, odd that you would post this now, I've been thinking of trying to collect all the shit I've written here into one place. The only thing that has been stopping me is the work it's gonna take to find all the junk I've ever posted. Two accounts, plus finding things posted in other peoples topics = a pain in the butt to find it all. But, I should probably do it sooner than later, before shit gets really buried.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Nephew Twiddleton

Any way gogira this is a good idea. I have the beginings of an idea for a holy book but im not going to get to it for a while as i want to finish cdgasm before i initiate any other projects first since i let it languish and its picked up steam again. Havent gotten back to it in a little while due to irl music obligations- my bands album, an upcoming tv spot in pawtucket next week filling in for guitar for daniel ouellette and two irish music gigs in march.

...oh fuck. Its almost march.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

QG, here's a pile of material, "The Audio Book of the Dead".  Permissions already arranged (I had everyone post their own shit in themselves:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,23981.0.html
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

So, I think I'd like to modify this offer to only cover user-specified lists of essays, not any existing compilations. Maybe we could split off all the yelling about common walls into another thread, too?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 22, 2012, 02:55:15 AM
So, I think I'd like to modify this offer to only cover user-specified lists of essays, not any existing compilations. Maybe we could split off all the yelling about common walls into another thread, too?

I shot you a link to a complete compilation with permissions already in place.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 06:30:17 PM
QG, here's a pile of material, "The Audio Book of the Dead".  Permissions already arranged (I had everyone post their own shit in themselves:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,23981.0.html

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cuddlefish on February 21, 2012, 04:27:41 PM
Heh, odd that you would post this now, I've been thinking of trying to collect all the shit I've written here into one place. The only thing that has been stopping me is the work it's gonna take to find all the junk I've ever posted. Two accounts, plus finding things posted in other peoples topics = a pain in the butt to find it all. But, I should probably do it sooner than later, before shit gets really buried.
I would be really excited to help with this! I really enjoyed the ones of yours I've read so far (obviously), and I think it'd be neat to have a collected works for one of the posters. If you need help digging things up, I can poke around in the recesses of Or Kill Me for the usernames you specify?

Placid Dingo

QG I worked on somethig last year that ended up getting called 'The Failwhale Apocolypse' that was a collection of Non-Discordian friendly Discordian writings.

I was hoping to revisit it again this year with a follow up (this time hopefully being a bit quicker with licensing discussions to try and make a physical copy at cost) so if you find cool shit or want to do some layout with me, it could be a good project for OUR POWERS TO COMBINE! Captaiiiiiin Planet!
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Doktor Howl

Loose Time, Broken Time, Stop time, and Rebooted Time articles here are available.

Taken as a whole, they'd fill about 26 pages, I think.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 23, 2012, 07:26:03 PM
Loose Time, Broken Time, Stop time, and Rebooted Time articles here are available.

Are those in Or Kill Me, or...?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 23, 2012, 07:31:29 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 23, 2012, 07:26:03 PM

Are those in Or Kill Me, or...?

They're in Horrorology.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/board,34.0.html
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

So, Audio Book of the Dead is already on page 48 of plain text. I'm on the third page of the thread.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 23, 2012, 07:54:48 PM
So, Audio Book of the Dead is already on page 48 of plain text. I'm on the third page of the thread.

:lulz:

We get carried away, sometimes.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 23, 2012, 07:56:45 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on February 23, 2012, 07:54:48 PM

:lulz:

We get carried away, sometimes.
I'm pretty excited, there are a lot of things in there that I'm definitely going to be asking about throwing into Holy Nonsense when the formatting is done for this.