News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Maya, Works In Progress

Started by Telarus, January 17, 2009, 10:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

Yes, this is very cool. The indoor scene is amazing. Something about the shine makes the wood look a little...rubbery, but the whole thing is really well done.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Telarus

Yeah, it's a little too high reflectivity, and a little to 'low res' samples on the reflectivity map itself. Got those tips from my teacher.

Thanks everybody!
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

can you also render those scenes with focal blur / depth of field blur? that might add even more realism.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

Thanks Trip. I did use some Depth-of-Field in the landscape shot. (The house on the right is to far in the fore-ground and thus blurred), but there wasn't enough detailed stuff in the background to sell it all the way.

I'm also interested in "tilt-shift", and eventually want to render some tilt-shifted scenes that look like miniatures.

If you want a trippy tilt-shift experience, check out Tilt Shifted Van Gogh:

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/hot/tilt-shift-van-gogh.htm

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

OOOoooooooooohhhhh sweet! Thanks! :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.