News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

FWIW the practice test struck me as almost absurdly easy, particularly the essay component, and I think there's a strong argument to be made for the likelihood that years of reading, writing, and analyzing arguments on PD has been better prep than anything I could possibly pay for.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 06, 2015, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 06, 2015, 04:51:41 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 06, 2015, 04:40:57 PM
I have started waking up gripped with The Fear.

It has to be possible to get through this term, without sacrificing my GPA, AND get a decent score on the GRE.

NOPE.  Already told you why.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

That's because I can't read.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 07, 2015, 12:39:32 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 06, 2015, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 06, 2015, 04:51:41 PM

It has to be possible to get through this term, without sacrificing my GPA, AND get a decent score on the GRE.

NOPE.  Already told you why.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

That's because I can't read.   :lulz:

:lol: That's OK. At least now I know why I was so confused by your response.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

a long time ago, my friends and i would say "i have The Fear" as a euphemism for "i have to go take a shit"
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: rong on November 07, 2015, 03:32:10 AM

a long time ago, my friends and i would say "i have The Fear" as a euphemism for "i have to go take a shit"

That's just rong!  :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

LDW update:

Just added another 5000 words.  I expect to be done with the story by Wednesday, after only 3 years of fucking around with it.  It's worth noting that all the same characters are in it, with some new additions, but by necessity, no characters dominate the book (you'll understand why when you read it), at least for the first half.

Patience Gonzales, the woman who did the cover for book two, will be doing this cover as well.  She refuses to tell me exactly what she's doing, but I expect great things.

ECH, Kalera, LMNO, and Patience get a free copy, everyone else will be able to obtain it for the low, low price of $2.99 (that's 368 Yen or 2 Pounds for those of you in tiny foreign island nations).  The final product will be be somewhere around 25000 words, so not to steep of a price.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

axod

Seems like someone took the rocket for a spin.  Wow.  There's this awesome electric blue halo in the sky from a boost it did - so cool.  Did that just happen?
just this

LMNO

Cain

Rotting meat in the office kitchen hype.

So, I made a mistake today, and looked inside the office fridge.  Living off a diet of soups and sugar free red bull as I do, I rarely need to look in there, but I wanted to keep some drinks cold for later.

I found things older than humanity in there.  Things that possibly expired before this Universe came into being.  If Lovecraft wrote about a fridge capable of reducing people to gibbering wrecks, it would not be dissimilar to this one.

So, I did what any sensible person would, and killed it all with fire and extreme prejudice.

minuspace

Cain

I saw things that were fluffy in there.  Things that shouldn't be fluffy, but were.

minuspace

And that's why I had to desist from ordering Chinese delivery.

Meunster

Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2015, 08:58:23 PM
I saw things that were fluffy in there.  Things that shouldn't be fluffy, but were.

Reminds me of when I hit puberty.
Poe's law ;)

Cain

Quote from: Meunster on November 08, 2015, 09:32:45 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2015, 08:58:23 PM

Reminds me of when I hit puberty.

Parts of your body started to rot when you hit puberty?