News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Help me understand the tea party

Started by Worm Rider, September 14, 2011, 01:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Disco Pickle on September 14, 2011, 02:33:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2011, 02:27:39 PM
Also, we're JUST LIKE moveon.org.

:lulz:

It was an analogy, not a correlation, asshole.  You wouldn't go to a christian web forum for an explanation of Discordianism.

But feel free to continue to generalize about..  well, about everything.

:lord:

Sure.  And why not ask bigots if bigotry is actually what they're all about?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Phlogiston Merriweather on September 14, 2011, 01:19:12 AM
I live with my head in a hole in the ground. Please help me understand the mindset of a tea party member. I want to understand what it feels like to think like a tea party supporter.

Read Ayn Rand, then Hal Turner, then hit yourself in the head with a hammer while chewing paint chips.
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Disco Pickle on September 14, 2011, 02:38:11 PM
:lulz:  :lulz:  :lulz:

Oh the irony, it's biting.

Explain it to me then, for I am hipster-deficient.

You have a captive audience.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Nice job on the talking points, Cain!
have you ever considered writing a political discourse in the form of a dialogue?
i'd pay money for that.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2011, 02:39:11 PM

Explain what?  I did my best to answer his question as sincerely as possible.  You mentioned bigotry, which is ironic because there's quite a lot of that on display ITT, (granted, in a "humorous-through-ridicule" way) by any definition I've ever been familiar with.

The only other responses not showing obvious bias and disdain were Cain's.

Hey, let your opinions, biases, and intolerance about another group of people shine, I say.  It's honesty, at least.  But don't try and color it another shade of what it clearly is, and calling other bigots, bigots in order to help cover your own is pretty fucking recursive.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Disco Pickle on September 14, 2011, 02:53:14 PM

Explain what?  I did my best to answer his question as sincerely as possible.  You mentioned bigotry, which is ironic because there's quite a lot of that on display ITT, (granted, in a "humorous-through-ridicule" way) by any definition I've ever been familiar with.

Hey, let your opinions, biases, and intolerance about another group of people shine, I say.  It's honesty, at least.  But don't try and color it another shade of what it clearly is, and calling other bigots, bigots in order to help cover your own is pretty fucking recursive.

Wait.  Are you saying you need examples of tea party bigotry?  For real?  Because I'll be more than happy to post some.

And, yeah, I have an intolerance for bigotry.  That makes me a bigot ("other bigots")?  
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 02:58:19 PM
:popcorn:

STAND IN AWE OF MY BIGOTRY!  FOR DOGGING ON PEOPLE FOR HATING GAYS, BLACKS, AND MEXICANS, THAT'S WHAT MAKES A REAL BIGOT!  JUST ASK REP PETER KING!

:hitlerbanjo:
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on September 14, 2011, 03:02:22 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 02:58:19 PM
:popcorn:

Yes. Like watching Peewee Herman take on a lion.  :lulz:

Hang on a minute, here.  I'm honestly interested in how having a beef with bigots makes me a bigot.
Molon Lube

LMNO

I think DP might have confused "Bigotry" with "Bias".

Yes, I am biased against people who are bigots.

I wouldn't say that there's an equivalence, however.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2011, 02:58:45 PM
Quote from: Disco Pickle on September 14, 2011, 02:53:14 PM

Wait.  Are you saying you need examples of tea party bigotry?  For real?  Because I'll be more than happy to post some.

And, yeah, I have an intolerance for bigotry.  That makes me a bigot ("other bigots")?  

Nope, I'm sure there are plenty of bigots in the Tea Party.  Statistically, there would have to be.  It is a bit (quite a bit) of a generalization to say the entire group can be painted with a big 'ol brush called bigotry.

I am saying that your own bigotry toward the Tea Party, Republicans and Conservatives doesn't stem solely from your intolerance for bigots.  I'm saying you're attempting to cover your own with accusations of your own.

But hey, I'm not saying anything you don't already know and state regularly.  You're a hate machine and it's your job to be.  Hell, it's part of your charm.

You're like a big 'ol fuzzy teddy bear.

Filled with razors.

(I'm pretty shit for analogy's today, but then I'm supposed to be working atm.)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 03:08:20 PM

Yeah, I'm not ashamed of being biased, if the bias was generated by an honestly appraised set of stimuli.

Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 03:08:20 PM

I meant in this manner:

QuoteWorld English Dictionary
bigot  (ˈbɪɡət) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

— n
   a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race