Hey Nigel, remember when we discussed the "SJW" backlash?

Started by Cain, February 24, 2015, 05:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It's starting.

tl;dr version: the various far right fringes of Reddit have combined.  They claim a secret "SJW" cabal at the heart of Reddit is oppressing them - mostly by mocking them for their Neo-Nazi bullshit, or actually banning them when they do patently hideous shit, like invade a reddit for depressed trans people and tell them to commit suicide, for example.

I expect to see this example spread, not least because Reddit themselves are not doing anything (which rather undermines their whole oppression argument),

Cainad (dec.)

:popcorn:

Literally any act, especially on the internet, that is against doing or saying horrible things counts as "capitulating to the SJWs." You must declare your allegiance to the values of Free Speech by being deliberately neo-Nazi.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 24, 2015, 06:36:26 PM
SJW?

"Social Justice Warrior."  In essence, those whiny kids on tumblr with, uh, novel ideas about how to combat racism and sexism (usually through racism and sexism) and generally known for being shrill and oversensitive.

President Television

SJW?

Social Justice Warrior. Ostensibly a perjorative for those whose personalities are subsumed by their activism, but the term is frequently abused to refer to anyone with socially liberal views.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Eater of Clowns

SJW?

Sapient Jupiter Worms - a misnomer and pejorative given to the all benevolent Titan slugs, may their psychic harmony enshroud us all.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

LMNO

Q. G. Pennyworth

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]