News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Raiding Godlikeproductions

Started by Cain, January 24, 2008, 04:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I've been considering the feasaibility of HIMEOBS a raid on these guys for a while now.

1) They're conspiratards, like Reptilian crowd.  When you raid them, they immediately assume you are paid shills of the New World Order/Zionists/internationalists/bankers/reptilians/Illuminati/sodomite aliens from Zeta Reticuli etc  This is amusing to me.

2) The mods don't seem to do much.  Plus, while the forum is relatively fast moving, it is shittily coded.  I very much doubt flood control exists, and we can see the effects of our flood attacks far more easily.

3) Those of us already over there can, once the assault has finished, come up with all sort of outlandish conspiracy theories to feed the membership there about HIMEOBS' aim.  If we say something like they are anti-Ron Paul activists, it'll likely generate a few PaulBots interest, and maybe some attention from that area.

The only problems I can see are organizing things this end, and that pictures are not allowed.  We could just use text, but I'd rather we had some HIMEOBS ASCII artwork to hit the place with, along with more usual ones you can get via Encyclopedia Dramatica etc

Questions & comments?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2008, 04:47:08 PM
I've been considering the feasaibility of HIMEOBS a raid on these guys for a while now.

1) They're conspiratards, like Reptilian crowd.  When you raid them, they immediately assume you are paid shills of the New World Order/Zionists/internationalists/bankers/reptilians/Illuminati/sodomite aliens from Zeta Reticuli etc  This is amusing to me.

2) The mods don't seem to do much.  Plus, while the forum is relatively fast moving, it is shittily coded.  I very much doubt flood control exists, and we can see the effects of our flood attacks far more easily.

3) Those of us already over there can, once the assault has finished, come up with all sort of outlandish conspiracy theories to feed the membership there about HIMEOBS' aim.  If we say something like they are anti-Ron Paul activists, it'll likely generate a few PaulBots interest, and maybe some attention from that area.

The only problems I can see are organizing things this end, and that pictures are not allowed.  We could just use text, but I'd rather we had some HIMEOBS ASCII artwork to hit the place with, along with more usual ones you can get via Encyclopedia Dramatica etc

Questions & comments?

Sounds like a GODlike GASM and maybe a good first field trip if we start throwing out serious recruiting links today and tomorrow, then plan the raid for this weekend?

Maybe a quick howto on proxy, tools and trolling? I can help wherever necessary... well assuming I can get this damned video embedded in the ColbertGASM entry on the Wiki... [[embedvideo]] seems like a non working tag.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Actually, recruiting first might be a good idea.  Discordians, for some reason, are generally respected in the conspiracy community, especially among amateurs.

Since we normally have to crater places we recruit from anyway, doing it like this will just mean we have proper plans in place.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2008, 05:04:16 PM
Actually, recruiting first might be a good idea.  Discordians, for some reason, are generally respected in the conspiracy community, especially among amateurs.

Since we normally have to crater places we recruit from anyway, doing it like this will just mean we have proper plans in place.

Muhahahahahahaha

Cramulus

I'm down. Can you give us some background on this place?

Roger posted a bunch of links of hijinks going down there, right?

ooh - and they allow anonymous posting, right?

Cain

Semi-anonymous.  You have an ID number assigned, probably by session and IP.  But since when has that ever been a problem, right...?

Lots of Ron Paul fans.

Lots of people into chemtrails, New Age stuff, UFOs, Federal Bank, strange weather etc  Its essentially conspiracy theorism only without the really heavyweight in depth writing etc, so it tends to shrill and ad hominem instead of research and discussion.

Diseris

You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2008, 04:47:08 PM

Questions & comments?

I've been trolling them for weeks.  They have the thinnest skin in the world.

It's great fun.  I recommend it highly.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

So what are some weak points? Any discussions that usually lead to drama?

Who are the power-users and what are their buttons?

is there an approach that is more favorable than others?
ie
- is it better to become "one of them" first, to gain credibility?
-or do you catch more flies with vinegar, going in guns blazing, calling people out?

I've only spent about an hour trolling around on there. I think I even have an account. My limited impression was that due to the quasi-anonyminity, flames seem to be the tone. No pussyfooting around!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 25, 2008, 01:24:33 AM
So what are some weak points? Any discussions that usually lead to drama?

Who are the power-users and what are their buttons?

is there an approach that is more favorable than others?
ie
- is it better to become "one of them" first, to gain credibility?
-or do you catch more flies with vinegar, going in guns blazing, calling people out?

I've only spent about an hour trolling around on there. I think I even have an account. My limited impression was that due to the quasi-anonyminity, flames seem to be the tone. No pussyfooting around!

Just go on and talk Ron Paul down.

Then step back and watch the yahoos holler!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: Diseris on January 25, 2008, 01:10:25 AM
Its a clean sight, like sfw? 

Pretty much.  Although a lot of "where's the tower, where's the gun" types that employers may not appreciate.  There are no images on the forum, except for the site logo (gray alien) so pretty sfw.

QuoteI've been trolling them for weeks.  They have the thinnest skin in the world.

Rata wants to try some recruitment first.  Since you've been there longest, do you think any of them show real potential?  I've noticed a couple of the Ron Paul fans who've sensibly engaged with you seem pretty alright, but there are far too many guests in the threads I post in to get any real idea about possible people.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2008, 11:36:54 AM
Quote from: Diseris on January 25, 2008, 01:10:25 AM
Its a clean sight, like sfw? 

Pretty much.  Although a lot of "where's the tower, where's the gun" types that employers may not appreciate.  There are no images on the forum, except for the site logo (gray alien) so pretty sfw.

QuoteI've been trolling them for weeks.  They have the thinnest skin in the world.

Rata wants to try some recruitment first.  Since you've been there longest, do you think any of them show real potential?  I've noticed a couple of the Ron Paul fans who've sensibly engaged with you seem pretty alright, but there are far too many guests in the threads I post in to get any real idea about possible people.

Oh ah, I had meant recruiting from existing resources and using the site as the first "field trip"... not recruiting from the site... but then maybe that would be LOLful too.

Cain

Either/or.  That sounds better, actually.