News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

2012GASM

Started by Epimetheus, February 17, 2008, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Quote from: Philly Fillet on February 13, 2009, 09:09:22 PM

On a tangent: i recently read a thread from early '08 about new symbols for Discordja, as some people didn't care for the fact that the Chao rips off Taoism and we/they haven't/didn't do that with any other religious symbol.

That said, i think New Thievery of Old Religious Icons is in order. 50 years ago, we took Taoism: today, it could be the Moon/Star of Islam, the scimitars of Sikhism- the Cross and the Hexagram are also obvious.

I have already pirated Crowley's Unicursal Hexagram into a new 5 Fingered Hand of Eris (see avatar).

I also have to disagree with the focus on the Taoist paradigmal piracy. The authors of the PD were quite aware of other mystical traditions, and ripped them off quite well. Just because a casual reader can't get all of the references doesn't mean they aren't there. See my rant about the Apostle Sri Syadasti (in the Principia Discussion forum) for an exposition on the Jainist methodologies behind the nearly-ineffable name of St Gulik.

I agree with the New Thievery.... as long as it's creative and enlightening.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

St Gulik was also probably a nod towards Hermeticism as well...since he was in fact meant to be Hermes.

the last yatto

but 2013 adds up to 6
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Telarus on February 13, 2009, 10:20:43 PM
Quote from: Philly Fillet on February 13, 2009, 09:09:22 PM

On a tangent: i recently read a thread from early '08 about new symbols for Discordja, as some people didn't care for the fact that the Chao rips off Taoism and we/they haven't/didn't do that with any other religious symbol.

That said, i think New Thievery of Old Religious Icons is in order. 50 years ago, we took Taoism: today, it could be the Moon/Star of Islam, the scimitars of Sikhism- the Cross and the Hexagram are also obvious.

I have already pirated Crowley's Unicursal Hexagram into a new 5 Fingered Hand of Eris (see avatar).

I also have to disagree with the focus on the Taoist paradigmal piracy. The authors of the PD were quite aware of other mystical traditions, and ripped them off quite well. Just because a casual reader can't get all of the references doesn't mean they aren't there. See my rant about the Apostle Sri Syadasti (in the Principia Discussion forum) for an exposition on the Jainist methodologies behind the nearly-ineffable name of St Gulik.

I agree with the New Thievery.... as long as it's creative and enlightening.

I did notice you avatar some time ago. saved it.

and i didn't mean to imply that there weren't other references, etc, in the PD, just that from that body of text, the Chao is the the most striking Visual symbol perverted from a standing religion.

I have some ideas of my own. I'm swamped with class work at the moment, but i can probably weave the symbols into my story. I'll post drafts when i'm done.

an aside:

Would you say, Telarus, that your avatar is Hermetically Sealed?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Quote from: fomenter on February 09, 2009, 08:51:10 PM
sending pre addressed, postage payed postcards for asylum inmates to write on and mail out might be funny, but you couldn't see the results...
I think not seeing the results is part of the joy.  I send out postcards with random shit on them and no return address.  What you don't know is way more amusing.
People who want to believe will believe what they want.

There is a total lunar eclipse that crosses the southwest of the US on May 21stish 2012.  I'm gonna be there, was hoping to do something more than just stand there staring into the Sun, but haven't really put much thought into it yet.
People who want to believe will believe what they want.

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Samuel Boone Johnson Thomas Frederik Douglas III on April 01, 2009, 01:25:59 AM
There is a total lunar eclipse that crosses the southwest of the US on May 21stish 2012.  I'm gonna be there, was hoping to do something more than just stand there staring into the Sun, but haven't really put much thought into it yet.
I'm hoping you know to not actually stare at the sun. Not unless you're wearing lenses specifically designed for that purpose.

fomenter

Quote from: Sheered Völva on May 20, 2009, 03:34:16 AM
Quote from: Samuel Boone Johnson Thomas Frederik Douglas III on April 01, 2009, 01:25:59 AM
I'm hoping you know to not actually stare at the sun. Not unless you're wearing lenses specifically designed for that purpose.

:facepalm:  x 2  lunar eclipse "looking into the sun"   somebody shoot me  please
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: fomenter on February 09, 2009, 08:51:10 PM
sending pre addressed, postage payed postcards for asylum inmates to write on and mail out might be funny, but you couldn't see the results...

That would be awesome.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cramulus

postcard idea: Greetings, from the psychic event in 2012!

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Precious Moments Zalgo

Reading this thread prompted me to search for 2012 on the Rapture Ready bulletin board for ideas.  I just started reading so I don't have any fully formed ideas yet, but lots of seeds for ideas.

These threads about "the upcoming 2012 deception" are funny even though they're predictable:
hXXp://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=98548
hXXp://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=105520
hXXp://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=106737

No one there thinks that 12-21-12 will be the date of the rapture, but they are coming up will all sorts of fun conspiracy theories about how the Antichrist is using the hype around 2012 to further his agenda, obviously to deceive people away from Christ.

Fun quotes:
QuoteI would offer that Satan is presenting deceptions like this to draw unbelievers away from the Word and into worshipping the New Age agenda. All this talk of cosmic alignments, spiritual renewals, rebirths, etc. It's all garbage. It is not a tie-in to Scripture, it is Satan trying to distract people from the truth.
QuoteThe Mayan calendar is too incredibly accurate for such a primitive people to have figured it out on their own. I take the fact that they have such a long term (26,000 years) and accurate calendar to be proof that they were visited by demons, the Nephilim, or some such biblical entity. How else would a short lived society of primitive savages have gained that knowledge.
QuoteThe UFO cult is also beginning to talk about the government revealing UFO information to us. Wouldn't it be a "coincidence" if after the rapture, the government finally informed the people about the UFO???
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Captain Utopia

I suppose this is the value of wrath.

After reading that all I feel inside is a deep sorrow for all mankind  :cry: