News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

AbbyGasm

Started by Golden Applesauce, March 25, 2008, 03:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Count me in, for whatever it's worth.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Fractalbeard

Lord Quantum:

QuoteThank you for your e-mail to Mr. Graham. He regrets that he cannot personally receive and answer all the correspondence that is directed to him; however, his associates represent him and we regard every contact as important.

We can understand your concern about your friend's recent involvement with a group known as Discordians. While we are not familiar with the group, a brief web search shows that Discordianism, which we assume is associated with this group you referred to, seems to be a strange compilation of philosophies and beliefs that are not biblical and would mislead people away from the truth. "Devivals" appear to be the name that they call their gatherings.

It is important that you continue to pray diligently for your friend. Pray that God would draw her towards truth and to see through deception. Pray also that He will give you wisdom on when, how, and what to say to her. Often the best approach to discussing these types of issues with people is to ask them to tell you about it more. Ask for explanations and clarification and as she shares things, it will give you an opportunity to point out where the Bible speaks differently about the same issues. If she raises concerns you don't know how to address, do not panic. Take the time to understand what the Bible says through studying it yourself and the guidance of a pastor. Trust God to use you and He will.

We have prayed for you, Jacob. May God draw you closer to Himself as you trust Him to work in your friend's life.

Sincerely,

Jamie M. Adams (ma)
Christian Guidance Department
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association

Pretty much this. Kinda what I expected, no mention of any publishing.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 21, 2010, 05:00:36 AM
Oh, and you know what a great meta-jake would be? If we started writing conspiracy theory letters about Discordianism to Playboy. They don't even have to be convincing; we just have to keep it up, possibly for years.

you know that RAW used to write for Playboy, right?

Also, at least one piece of the clue-trail in Illuminatus! was a Playboy letter.

and Lord Quantum, FUCK YEAH!

Also, if the Devival page needs updating, let me know what to put there.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lord Quantum

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 22, 2010, 10:17:52 AM
Oh, and you know what a great meta-jake would be? If we started writing conspiracy theory letters about Discordianism to Playboy. They don't even have to be convincing; we just have to keep it up, possibly for years.

Also, at least one piece of the clue-trail in Illuminatus! was a Playboy letter.

Wait, so now we're planning a meta-meta jake? SWEET! So what are we talking about here? A ten year plan to send 1,000 letters to Playboy in which we connect every known conspiracy theory to a specific Discordian cabal? Because, as I'm sure you already know, the Great Googlie Mooglie cabal is responsible for 9/11 and TGRR is the one that told McCain to nominate Palin. And while we're on the topic, which one of you guys is responsible for launching the deep cover mole known as Glenn Beck?
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Lord Quantum on March 22, 2010, 02:34:59 PMAnd while we're on the topic, which one of you guys is responsible for launching the deep cover mole known as Glenn Beck?

Stephen Colbert.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Triple Zero

Googlie Mooglie Cabal? Are you a RL friend of Rat's? (just curious)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lord Quantum

Nope. Never met 'im, I just happened to hear about him in the ColbertGASM thread.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

No, I had no idea whatsoever.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lord Quantum on March 22, 2010, 02:34:59 PM

Wait, so now we're planning a meta-meta jake? SWEET! So what are we talking about here? A ten year plan to send 1,000 letters to Playboy in which we connect every known conspiracy theory to a specific Discordian cabal? Because, as I'm sure you already know, the Great Googlie Mooglie cabal is responsible for 9/11 and TGRR is the one that told McCain to nominate Palin. And while we're on the topic, which one of you guys is responsible for launching the deep cover mole known as Glenn Beck?

Yes, this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."