News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

I've been having a great time. Hardly got any work done today. :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on November 30, 2015, 09:19:03 AM
I was surprised to find out this guy didn't know who cthulu was.
More surprised when he didn't know what a clit was.

Work was fun.

Is he 17?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 30, 2015, 08:15:58 PM
So, Dan Carlin's podcast "Common Sense" has been talked about a little bit on FB today, so I wanted to bring up... the Common Sense with Dan Carlin Facebook group. It is, shall we say, a treasure trove of asshats with a few okay sorts.

What kind of people are in there? Well, let's just say they're already REALLY MAD at Roger and Nigel, they just don't know it yet.

It's kind of hilarious, because the most vocal members of the group are well below the bar set by the podcast they claim to be fans of. Carlin himself is not active in the group.

A few standouts:

Fred, who thinks about global warming every day. The kind of guy who thinks that climate change is not real because Al Gore flies in airplanes. If humanity was killed by an asteroid, Fred would be ecstatic because at least it would mean that the climate scientists were wrong about climate change being the thing that kills us.

Mat, who is the Lord Regent of Strawmania. He can strawman literally any argument you make. It's almost uncanny.

Cam, who I just discovered today is a Dawkins apologist and thinks Ahmed deserved what he got for that clock. He's super mad that people came out in support after the incident.

I'd been keeping it to myself for a while but I decided to share the fun. Being sincere and reasonable is definitely the right way to go with these guys.

Oh wow. Winter break is coming, and I'm gonna get bored and antsy.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, I finished Life During Wartime.  Sort of.  I have apparently left a plot hole so big you could stick Ted Cruz's lips through it.  So there's a bit of re-writing to be done, but essentially, it's done.  And everyone got what they deserved.  Good & hard.

Tales from Fat Ernie's is chugging along (and is in fact why LDW took so long).  It's become a trailer park horrorshow that makes me giggle in the wee hours.  So far, it's 16000 words of degeneracy, murder, and Elvis Paisley.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's cool!

I'm basically chugging along fine. A combination of seasonal affective bullshit and 18 credits is definitely sapping my will to live, but on the other hand I get to spend the last hours of every day with Alty, who is the most delightful, handsome, and sweet man ever made of meat, so it's probably hitting me less hard than usual.

First finals are on Monday, and the other two are on Tuesday, so I won't be doing much beyond gibbering incomprehensibly between now and then.

Cain

Day 1 of "hanging around with spies while learning about the cyber-jihad and not to give my handwriting to strangers" is over.

Think I'm going to get a hamburger from room service.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on December 02, 2015, 03:51:21 PM
Day 1 of "hanging around with spies while learning about the cyber-jihad and not to give my handwriting to strangers" is over.

Think I'm going to get a hamburger from room service.
Whoa.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

There was also an...interesting amount of Anonymous discussion.

If you had told me 10 years ago I'd be discussing "rickrolling" with private industry and national intelligence officials, I would have asked for some of your stash.

Eater of Clowns

"Mr. Cain I'm glad you could join us."

"Yes, the black bag over my head was rather convincing."

"It's best for you if you don't know where you are."

"147 Rue de-"

"Nevermind that. I'm going to show you a photograph Mr. Cain. I want you to tell me something about the photograph."

The man slides a glossy printout across the steel tabletop.

"Do you, or do any of your associates, know if this cat can haz cheezburger?"
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

I had two people, separately, mention "charging their laz0rs" to me today.

President Television

Quote from: Cain on December 02, 2015, 05:07:58 PM
I had two people, separately, mention "charging their laz0rs" to me today.
Those are some vintage memes.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

The cybersecurity expert doing the talk did explain that rickrolling was an overused meme.

However, you have to remember, this was to a room full of people who use phrases like "terminate the target" like they are ordering a coffee.

Cainad (dec.)

So what I'm getting here is that the dankness of memes is a matter of national security. We need our memes to be more dank than the terrorists.

Even if that's not true I'm going to keep believing it.

Cain

They are undecided as to whether the memes are a force multiplier or not because they do not have a means by which to classify their dankness.

Basically.