News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

A NERDY GENIE APPEARS

Started by Cramulus, June 01, 2011, 02:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Command's effects end when the spell ends though, the psychological effects of Nybor's Gentle Reminder last a lot longer. Eventually allowing me to control a large group of slaves.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

President Television

Quote from: Regret on June 01, 2011, 10:58:37 PM
Command's effects end when the spell ends though, the psychological effects of Nybor's Gentle Reminder last a lot longer. Eventually allowing me to control a large group of slaves.

I imagine it would lose its effectivity as a tool of control when they figure out you can only do it once per day, though. Still a decent substitute for a taser or pepper spray, though.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Freeky

Quote from: Unqualified on June 02, 2011, 12:46:20 AM
Quote from: Regret on June 01, 2011, 10:58:37 PM

I imagine it would lose its effectivity as a tool of control when they figure out you can only do it once per day, though. Still a decent substitute for a taser or pepper spray, though.

But NOT using it immediately after an offense would keep its effectiveness up, for at least a little while.

PopeTom

Honestly I think I want a cantrip, Mage Hand.  I can see being able to pick up and manipulate stuff from 25 feet away being useful damn near all the time.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Luna

Well, hell, if you're gonna be practical, go with "Clean" as a cantrip.

Offed an orc with that one, once...  Narrow stairway, he was giving the fighters some trouble...  Tossed a rag down with the "Clean" cantrip, told it to give his face a good cleaning.

The DM about laughed his ass off.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cramulus

I had forgotten about command! It only lasts a round, so I'd want the 2nd edition edition version where rounds are still a minute long.  :lol:

In this mundane world without magic, I wonder if people could even recognize that they've been magically compelled. Like if I was all "Command: back massage" (or something), when the command wore off, I wonder if people would continue to massage because they just think that this is what they chose to do.

I'm surprised nobody's said Cure Light Wounds... I would live very dangerously if I could cure the equivalent of a nasty knife wound every day. I would also be fabulously rich.

Cain

Oh, if we're including Clerical spells....no, still Charm Person.

Although, Larloch's Minor Drain is actually superior in curative ability, if you don't mind stealing others health.

Luna

If it were any curative spell, gimme Cure Disease.  I'd be truly, stinking rich.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on June 02, 2011, 05:45:13 PM
If it were any curative spell, gimme Cure Disease.  I'd be truly, stinking rich.

Not me.  I'd cure a bunch of people, and then ask - VERY loudly - "WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN UP TO WHILE I'VE BEEN GONE?  I AM NOT HAPPY."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Nahal's Reckless Dweomer

(or failing that, Scholar's Touch
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 19, 2014, 07:37:58 AM
Nahal's Reckless Dweomer

(or failing that, Scholar's Touch
I would love Scholar's Touch.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

Quote from: President Television on June 01, 2011, 09:27:41 PM
Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 01, 2011, 08:00:08 AM
Magic Missile.

This could be fun. Commoners have d4 for hit dice, iirc, so basically you get to beat someone to within an inch of their life at will once per day, at range, and it never misses.
:lulz:
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: President Television on June 01, 2011, 09:27:41 PM
Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 01, 2011, 08:00:08 AM
Magic Missile.

This could be fun. Commoners have d4 for hit dice, iirc, so basically you get to beat someone to within an inch of their life at will once per day, at range, and it never misses.

Or up to five people, depending on what level the spell is cast at
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago