News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Pact with the Devil? Bad news says Pat Robertson

Started by MMIX, January 14, 2010, 01:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Thanks, but my sources (Samuel H Williams - Voodoo Roads, John K. Thornton - African Political Ideology and the Haitian Revolution, Peter Levenda's Sinister Forces Book Two and some half-remembered regional studies lectures) are the ones who really deserve the praise.  There is a LOT more stuff on it out there, I just massively condensed the most relevant info.

And yeah, but it makes a great story for the grandchildren, doesnt it?  "Hey kids, did I tell you about the time I killed President Kennedy with magic?"  Or it would've done, if he hadn't died.

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Requia ☣

The more I look at international finance, the more I wonder why people don't just light the bankers on fire and be done with it.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

President Television

The one thing I'm really curious about is how Pat justifies God not just punishing the Haitians when they made the deal. You know, when the people who did it were still alive. I guess all these nasty atheists who haven't been praying lately must have freed up a lot of spare time for Him to enact His wrath.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 18, 2010, 05:07:23 AM
The one thing I'm really curious about is how Pat justifies God not just punishing the Haitians when they made the deal. You know, when the people who did it were still alive. I guess all these nasty atheists who haven't been praying lately must have freed up a lot of spare time for Him to enact His wrath.
God's aim sucks. Plus he doesn't know how to tell time. A day to God is like a thousand years so he easily gets confused and whacks the wrong generation.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

David Brooks has it all figured out.  Its not because of God, or international financial institutions, its because nonwhite people are basically lazy.  And the best thing we can do for Haiti is ignore it until it goes away. 

Iason Ouabache

Also, didn't realize it until the guys from The Bugle mentioned it, but Napoleon III wasn't even born yet when Haiti overthrew the French. So Robertson's not only an evil fuck, but he's an ignorant evil fuck. 
    \

MMIX

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 18, 2010, 05:06:18 PM

Also, didn't realize it until the guys from The Bugle mentioned it, but Napoleon III wasn't even born yet when Haiti overthrew the French. So Robertson's not only an evil fuck, but he's an ignorant evil fuck. 

I am shocked, shocked I say . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Did Robertson claim they were fighting Napoleon the Third then?  I never saw that, but I must admit I pay little attention to his twitterings at the best of times. 

Of course, they were actually fighting the French Republic and Napoleon I, which is kind of ironic, since they were fighting them based on the ideals of the Revolution in the first place, which the Jacobins did not seem to consider fit to extend to foreign darkies.  Then again, that still fits, since Robertson believes the Illuminati is a secret, satanic organisation which is behind the French revolution (see his book, The New World Order, for more).

Lord Quantum

Has Robertson ever actually mentioned the Illumanit or are you just saying that he subscribes to some sort of grand conspiracy theory in general?
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on January 18, 2010, 11:30:21 PM
Did Robertson claim they were fighting Napoleon the Third then?  I never saw that, but I must admit I pay little attention to his twitterings at the best of times. 
I did rewatch the video and he did say that they were fighting Napoleon III, which would have been considered a bizarre thing for him to say were it not for all of the other batshit stuff he was able to stuff into a short couple of sentences.

QuoteOf course, they were actually fighting the French Republic and Napoleon I, which is kind of ironic, since they were fighting them based on the ideals of the Revolution in the first place, which the Jacobins did not seem to consider fit to extend to foreign darkies.  Then again, that still fits, since Robertson believes the Illuminati is a secret, satanic organisation which is behind the French revolution (see his book, The New World Order, for more).
:lulz: I think I may actually miss Robertson when he finally kicks the bucket. The amount of lail he has produced over the years has been a thing of beauty. I still can't believe that he once claimed he could leg press 2000 lbs.
    \

NotPublished

I had to count the 0s there three times before I realised ... wow wtf.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Cain

Quote from: Lord Quantum on January 19, 2010, 02:22:41 AM
Has Robertson ever actually mentioned the Illumanit or are you just saying that he subscribes to some sort of grand conspiracy theory in general?

He has mentioned the Illuminati in his 1994 book decrying the New World Order, and subscribes to a very specific (but wrong) grand conspiracy theory.

Lord Quantum

Just wondering...is there a very specific (but right) grand conspiracy theory?
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)