News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

The Religious Right Now Opposes...

Started by Iason Ouabache, February 01, 2010, 10:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

... bills aimed at preventing child prostitution.

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2010/02/01/georgias-christian-right-comes-out-against-bills-aimed-at-child-prostitution/?cxntfid=blogs_political_insider_jim_galloway

QuoteThe weight of the state's Christian right movement just came down in opposition to a pair of bills that would steer young girls under the age of 16 into diversionary programs instead of arresting them on charges of prostitution.

The press conference came just hours after several hundred people turned out to support the measures.

Representatives from the Georgia Christian Alliance, the Georgia Christian Coalition, Ralph Reed's Faith and Freedom Coalition, and the Georgia Baptist Convention all put in appearances. Republican candidate for governor John Oxendine appeared around the edges of the afternoon press conference, but did not speak.

At issue are two separate bills, one in the House and one in the Senate. Both are sponsored by Republicans.

"Who will benefit from the passage of H.B. 582 or S.B. 304? I'll tell you who – the very profitable and growing pedophile industry," said former state Sen. Nancy Shafer. "It is imperative that these bills be defeated.

Some opponents said the bills amounted to decriminalization, which amounted to legalization. And would lead to more prostitution, not less, they said.

"Decriminalizing that means the police would have absolutely no interest in it at all," said Sue Ella Deadwyler, who writes a Christian conservative newsletter. "They wouldn't arrest the girls, they wouldn't pick the girls up, they wouldn't protect them from influence on the street from the pimps and the johns. It would be an absolute cultural upheaval in our state. Never in the United States, as far as I known, has juvenile prostitution been legalized."

Renee Unterman of Buford, author of the Senate bill, confirmed that she had been in contact with opponents of her legislation. She said a compromise was in the works.

:facepalm:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jasper

The fuck? 

QuoteSome opponents said the bills amounted to decriminalization, which amounted to legalization. And would lead to more prostitution, not less, they said.

Somebody should really put these dogs on a leash.

Cain

This is fucked up, even by their standards.

Usually one of the redeeming features of the Religious Right has been how hard they have come down on sex traffickers and crimes against children (excluding the Vaitcan, naturally) while being sympathetic to the victims of such things.

WWJD? 

LOCK THE SLUTS UP
\
:mullet:

Jasper

It's not like putting under-aged prostitutes in jail actually makes the problem go away.  Then you just have fresh out of jail ex-prostitutes who don't know how to do anything else!

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

The Good Reverend Roger

Holy hell. 

WHAT DID I TELL YOU GUYS?

THIS DECADE IS ALREADY FUNNIER THAN THE LAST ONE!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

President Television

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2010, 12:12:38 AM
Holy hell. 

You're a prophet, man.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on February 02, 2010, 12:39:57 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2010, 12:12:38 AM
Holy hell. 

You're a prophet, man.

Well, yes.  My record is unpleasantly good.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Fuquad

Correct me if I'm wrong. These religious freaks think that it's better to put victims of pedophilia into jail than it is to try to try to give them therapy?
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

NotPublished

They need to do more routine trips to the sun
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Fuquad on February 02, 2010, 02:21:27 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong. These religious freaks think that it's better to put victims of pedophilia into jail than it is to try to try to give them therapy?
Yes. We must punish these girls for falling into the care of pedophiles. How will they ever learn their lesson if we don't lock them away for years? Not punishing them means that the pedos win.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Fuquad

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 02, 2010, 04:24:27 AM
Yes. We must punish these girls for falling into the care of pedophiles. How will they ever learn their lesson if we don't lock them away for years? Not punishing them means that the pedos win.
I wish I could make it through one day without the desire to stab someone in the face.

Just One Fucking Day.
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 01, 2010, 11:04:06 PM
The fuck? 

QuoteSome opponents said the bills amounted to decriminalization, which amounted to legalization. And would lead to more prostitution, not less, they said.

Somebody should really put these dogs down.

fixed that for you.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fuquad on February 02, 2010, 05:58:54 AM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 02, 2010, 04:24:27 AM
I wish I could make it through one day without the desire to stab someone in the face.

Just One Fucking Day.

I've been around since the Johnson Administration, and the moment I have one of those days, I'll let you know.