News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

The Religious Right Now Opposes...

Started by Iason Ouabache, February 01, 2010, 10:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Telarus

The twisted thought process goes thusly:

She's 16, therefore a CHILD.

YOU CAN'T TALK TO A CHILD ABOUT SEX, THAT MAKES YOU A PEDOPHILE!!!!!!!

THEY want to take any young girls picked up for prostitution, and (instead of throwing them into a dark hole, so no-one EVER has to think about young girls and sex at the same time) THEY want to have the girls TALK ABOUT IT with someone TRAINED TO TALK TO YOUNG GIRLS ABOUT SEX.

THEY'RE HANDING THESE GIRLS RIGHT INTO THE PEDOPHILES WAITING HANDS!!!!!!11!!11 ONE ONE !!

(see "pedophile industry" comment)
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

Good thing there isn't any sexual abuse in prison, hey?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on February 02, 2010, 06:47:01 PM
Good thing there isn't any sexual abuse in prison, hey?

At least we use soap!
         \
:mullet:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Wizard

Well. Alright then. (goes off to bang head against wall)
Insanity we trust.

Iason Ouabache

The Religious Right is also opposed to... not throwing homosexuals in jail.

http://action.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147491680

QuoteThis raises the question, then, as to whether sodomy laws should be, or legitimately have been, repealed just because they are rarely enforced.

The answer to this is a clear and unequivocal "No."

Think for a moment of the current social controversies that could potentially be avoided if homosexual conduct was still against the law.

Gays in the military: problem solved. We shouldn't make a place for habitual felons in the armed forces. End of discussion, end of controversy. If someone objects, ask them which other felonies the military ought to overlook in screening recruits.

Gay marriage: problem solved. We should never legalize unions between any two people when the union is forged specifically to engage in felony behavior. Would we sanction, for instance, the formation of a corporation whose stated purpose was to import illegal drugs?

Gay indoctrination in the schools: problem solved. We don't want to raise a generation of schoolchildren to believe that felony behavior is perfectly appropriate. That's why we spend so much money warning students about the danger of drugs.

Hate crimes laws: problem solved. We wouldn't throw a pastor in jail for saying that illegal behavior is not only illegal but also immoral. For instance, he's free to say that murder is not only contrary to man's law but also to God's law. End of the threat to freedom of religion and speech.

Special rights for homosexuals in the workplace: problem solved. No employer should be forced to hire admitted felons to work for him. End of the threat to freedom of religion and freedom of association in the marketplace.

This list could actually be extended, but you get the point. Laws not only curb dangerous and risky behavior, they keep such behavior from being normalized, sanctioned and endorsed by the rest of society, and as such render an enormous benefit to a healthy culture.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Lord Quantum

I was scared for a second there. I thought this insanity had gone nationwide but then I clicked on the link and realized this was about my state. I love the geniuses at the state senate. Atlanta (where I/they currently reside) is the North American capitol for sex trafficking. And what does the state government want to do about this? Absolutely nothing. Apparently, someone was able to convince the state government that yes, 16 year old runaways are consenting to become prostitutes. There was a plan a decade back was to amend the insanity by pushing the age of consent up to 18 and believe or not, said legislation got Killed like Bill. There's also opposition to the bill that will make child abuse a crime regardless of whether or not you're related to the child.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Iason Ouabache

That reminds me, there was a bill here in the Indiana state senate that would make churches meet some minimum requirements before being allowed to run a day care. A bunch of people went apeshit over it. The senator who wrote the bill even had her preacher calling her an atheist. Most of the fuckers who were against it didn't even read the fucking bill.    :horrormirth:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jasper

That's because they are monkeys that can't handle messy facts, but think only in terms of keywords and symbols.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 04, 2010, 07:32:21 PM

QuoteThis raises the question, then, as to whether sodomy laws should be, or legitimately have been, repealed just because they are rarely enforced.

Think for a moment of the current social controversies that could potentially be avoided if homosexual conduct was still against the law.

Gays in the military: problem solved. We shouldn't make a place for habitual felons in the armed forces. End of discussion, end of controversy. If someone objects, ask them which other felonies the military ought to overlook in screening recruits.

Gay marriage: problem solved. We should never legalize unions between any two people when the union is forged specifically to engage in felony behavior. Would we sanction, for instance, the formation of a corporation whose stated purpose was to import illegal drugs?

Gay indoctrination in the schools: problem solved. We don't want to raise a generation of schoolchildren to believe that felony behavior is perfectly appropriate. That's why we spend so much money warning students about the danger of drugs.

Hate crimes laws: problem solved. We wouldn't throw a pastor in jail for saying that illegal behavior is not only illegal but also immoral. For instance, he's free to say that murder is not only contrary to man's law but also to God's law. End of the threat to freedom of religion and speech.

Special rights for homosexuals in the workplace: problem solved. No employer should be forced to hire admitted felons to work for him. End of the threat to freedom of religion and freedom of association in the marketplace.

This list could actually be extended, but you get the point. Laws not only curb dangerous and risky behavior, they keep such behavior from being normalized, sanctioned and endorsed by the rest of society, and as such render an enormous benefit to a healthy culture.

I thought they'd always had this position.  The wanting to throw sexually abused children in jail thing actually came as a bit of a surprise.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

rong

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 04, 2010, 07:32:21 PM

this got me thinking - could one be convicted of varying degrees of sodomy?  (like manslaughter?)

i.e. if you were drunk and "did it on accident" could be like 3rd degree sodomy.  (pronounced turd degree, har har)  

edit: i tried to fix my "accidentally wrote my response inside the quote" error, but it appears i did not make the error?

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Requia ☣

You forgot that the religious right also opposes not executing homosexuals.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=al&vol=1002045&invol=2

QuoteThe State carries the power of the sword, that is, the power to prohibit conduct with physical penalties, such as confinement and even execution. It must use that power to prevent the subversion of children toward this lifestyle, to not encourage a criminal lifestyle.

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Lord Quantum

The Religious Right endorses the death penalty for homosexuality and you're surprised? But God told 'em to do it (dontcha know).

Quote from: Almighty God
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (Lev 20:13)
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Kai

Quote from: Lord Quantum on February 06, 2010, 09:45:03 PM
The Religious Right endorses the death penalty for homosexuality and you're surprised? But God told 'em to do it (dontcha know).

Quote from: Almighty God
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (Lev 20:13)

Funny how they ignore Leveticus 11:7, 10-12; 19:9-10, 19, 27... need I go on?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish