News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Unlimited "Israel, What the fuck" thread

Started by Junkenstein, November 26, 2013, 11:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Interesting:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-27180003

QuoteIn his statement, Mr Abbas "expressed his sympathy with the families of the victims and many other innocent people who were killed by the Nazis".

"The Holocaust is a reflection of the concept of ethnic discrimination and racism which the Palestinians strongly reject and act against," he went on.

He also urged the Israeli government to use "the incredibly sad commemoration of Holocaust day" to take the chance to find a "just and comprehensive" peace with his people, based on a two-state solution.

QuoteMr Netanyahu told CNN on Sunday that Israel "will not negotiate with a government backed by Hamas".

So this Fatah/Hamas reconciliation is looking at little short lived, even by the standards of the region.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-27863465

Quotesraeli troops searching for three Israeli teenagers missing in the West Bank have clashed with Palestinians, detaining scores for questioning.

As the army stepped up the search, it said it had arrested 150 Palestinians, including leading Hamas members.

Palestinian medics say a 19-year-old was shot dead during clashes near Ramallah, which erupted after soldier conducted house-to-house searches.

Israel has accused Hamas of kidnapping the teens, though Hamas denies this.

"Those who carried out the kidnapping of our youngsters are Hamas people," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri called Mr Netanyahu's statements "silly" and said the arrests were "aimed at breaking the will of the Hamas movement in the West Bank".

3 kids go missing, someone's assumed a kidnapping and shit ensues.

Good rule of thumb - Kidnappers tend to make requests. Kind of the point of the thing. I've no idea what's actually happened to these kids but arresting 150 people seems like a ridiculous and disproportionate response. Business as usual in Israel then.

If the kids turn up as ISIS militants, I'll probably piss myself with laughter. I'm kind of expecting exactly that despite it being rather unlikely.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Thread title is rather apt:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28102253

Quotesrael has vowed retribution against Hamas, the militant Palestinian group it accuses of the kidnap and murder of three teenagers.

The bodies of Naftali Frenkel, Gilad Shaar and Eyal Yifrach were found on Monday evening, after they had been missing for more than a fortnight.

Israel PM Benyamin Netanyahu said: "Hamas is responsible and Hamas will pay." Hamas denies any involvement.

Israel launched more than 30 air strikes on the Gaza Strip overnight.

The strikes came in response to 18 rocket attacks on southern Israel from Gaza since Sunday night, the Israeli military said.

Israeli troops also flooded into the Palestinian town of Halhul. The bodies were found under a pile of rocks near the town. An Israeli official said it appeared the teenagers were shot soon after their abduction.

It will argue with renewed conviction that such a government has no credibility and will seek to drive a wedge between the two factions.

Israel named two suspects as Ayoub al-Kawasma and Abu Aisheh. The Israeli military said it set off explosives while raiding the homes of both.

QuoteThe disappearance of the teenagers on 12 June sparked a huge search operation in Palestinian towns and cities across the West Bank.

More than 400 Palestinians were arrested, while five were killed in fighting with Israeli troops.

Mr Netanyahu has said the incident is a consequence of "the partnership" between Hamas and the Fatah movement of Mr Abbas.

By "the incident" I can only assume he means the formation of the unity government and this is just one of the many coming ways in which Palestinians will be fucked with until another intifada is either inevitable or unavoidable. I can only assume that this is exactly what Israel wants in general as it allows increased military presence in settler camps and the west bank in general.

A suspicious man might start to think about other people with a political interest in 3 dead kids. Like say, Netanyahu. The whole thing stinks when applying the "Cui bono?" test. I can't see any obvious or hidden benefit for Hamas or any Palestinian groups to have carried this out. I'm not saying that it's impossible, just that there's no obvious benefit to me. Benefits for Israel, well, there's more than a few.

LMNO

I was, in fact, going to ask what the probability was of this being a false flag, because Israel is pissed off about the unity government.

Junkenstein

Personally, I'd have to put it at over 50%. Between the timing, number of people arrested and various other things it just seems more like an exercise in intimidation than a murder investigation.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28205090

Quotesrael has carried out more air strikes on the Gaza Strip, following dozens of rockets fired by the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas.

At least 15 Palestinians, including two women and a child, were reportedly hurt in the strikes.

Hamas said it fired rockets to respond to "Zionist aggression", after accusing Israel of killing five of its fighters.

Israel denied the claim. It says it has now begun an open-ended aerial operation to end rocket fire from Gaza.

If that makes sense to you, you're doing better than me.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28240137
I don't know if I've mentioned this previously, but the Iron dome defence system is a fucking joke.

QuoteThe military said its Iron Dome missile defence system had intercepted 21 of the 82 rockets fired on Wednesday, including three above Tel Aviv, three over Ashkelon and three over Ashdod.

Israel has carried out more than 230 air strikes since Tuesday, hitting nearly 600 targets as part of its operation Protective Edge.

QuoteOh. Yeah. Death toll:
QuoteMore than 60 Palestinians are reported to have died since Tuesday in Israeli air strikes against militants.

Have a guess at what it costs to intercept each rocket. Go on. Ready?
QuoteThe estimated cost of each Tamir interceptor missile is US$35,000–50,000[22] whereas a crudely manufactured Qassam rocket costs around $800 and the cost of each Hamas Grad rocket is only several thousand dollars.[106][107] Rafael responded that the cost issue was exaggerated since Iron Dome intercepts only rockets determined to constitute a threat, and that the lives saved and the strategic impact are worth the cost

So, low end, Hamas has cost Israel $735,000 just in rockets alone. In a few days. That's ignoring other damage and casualties.

After you're done laughing, realise that it's only catching 25% of what it's intended to. So not only is it horribly expensive, it's useless around 75% of the time. Name any other thing that you'd be happy with not working 3/4 of the time you need it to. Now name something with military use that this would be OK for. It's all good though, because those 75% missed or ignored were not going to save enough lives(Implication here is that some lives are worth more than others, and that many lives are apparently not worth more than $35K.) or prevent enough property damage to matter.

Seriously, this probably tells you everything you need to know:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Dome

QuoteAccording to the leading developers of Iron Dome, due to schedule and low-cost settings constraints, some of the missile components have been taken from a toy car manufactured/sold by Toys "R" Us

QuoteAlthough Postol had earlier lauded Iron Dome's effectiveness,[94] after studying videos of the alleged warhead interceptions as well as police reports and other data, he argued that "Iron Dome's intercept rate, defined as destruction of the rocket's warhead was relatively low, perhaps as low as 5%,

LMNO

Well, so long as the US is throwing billions of dollars a year at Israel without a second thought, they're not going to be strapped for cash any time soon.

Junkenstein

Very true, though part of me does wish the teabillies would catch on to this and actually scream about something that is beyond the end of their nose.

I'm not holding my breath for that.

Suu

From what I have gathered, Americans would rather Israel be our #1 welfare queen in attempts to fight the terrorisms than see that money go toward anything good here stateside.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

von

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 10, 2014, 12:23:37 PM
Very true, though part of me does wish the teabillies would catch on to this and actually scream about something that is beyond the end of their nose.

The teabillies who do catch on to this are generally called "antisemites" by their opponents and get smeared as being nuts anytime they open their mouths about it.

Suu

Quote from: von on July 16, 2014, 12:05:46 AM

The teabillies who do catch on to this are generally called "antisemites" by their opponents and get smeared as being nuts anytime they open their mouths about it.

This is exactly the issue I'm having trying to explain the situation to people who don't want to hear it, even from an academic historian point of view. I'm immediately labeled an anti-Semite, and get the ad homina thrown at me, because how dare I not defend Outremer... I mean, Israel!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

von

Quote from: The Suu on July 16, 2014, 04:09:01 AM
Quote from: von on July 16, 2014, 12:05:46 AM

This is exactly the issue I'm having trying to explain the situation to people who don't want to hear it, even from an academic historian point of view. I'm immediately labeled an anti-Semite, and get the ad homina thrown at me, because how dare I not defend Outremer... I mean, Israel!
without warlike, apartheid state israel though, there could be another shoah though! You wouldnt want another shoah would you! In order to prevent another shoah, we NEED to give israel aid money and turn a blind eye when they sell our military technology to the chinese! I mean, you could criticise all this, but id hate to think youd want another shoah! Thatd make you worse that hitler!

/sarcasm

Yeah...i think i know what you mean. Anyone, teabagger or otherwise, who criticises israel has to answer almost immediately to godwins law.

Suu

Aaaaaand Israel is on the ground in Gaza.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on July 17, 2014, 09:38:05 PM
Aaaaaand Israel is on the ground in Gaza.

It's sorta like watching the Titanic back up for another run at the iceberg.

Do precisely what your opponent wants you to do.  It worked out so well last time around in Beirut, right?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.