News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Tennessee getting ready to throw poor students under the bus.

Started by Bruno, April 04, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 11:28:39 PM
Um, it matters because actual bigots are bad people?

Doesn't count if you're just bashing CISHET people.  Because we're not really people, thought the good ones can be tolerated.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on April 08, 2013, 11:21:44 PM
:lulz: I'm a bigot, huh? Okay. Apparently being vocally angry with the system and side eyeing cookie seekers makes me a bigot.

No.  Fucking making horrible bigoted statements makes you a bigot.

That's what a bigot IS, after all.  Someone who does or says bigoted things.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 11:26:42 PM
:lulz: I'm a bigot, huh? Okay. Apparently being vocally angry with the system and side eyeing cookie seekers makes me a bigot.

What does it matter if you're a bigot against some faction or another? Even if you did hate CIS people, who gives a fuck? Roger just claimed to hate humans in general...everyone in this thread hates me for being a shit-spewing redneck, and I hate plenty of people.

Everyone hates...the constant hate and strife of conflict caused by such ensures that no ones overly idealistic views ever end up "winning".

Because singling out groups for hate is a weak hate.  An unworthy hate.

No, my hate is a truck.  And there's room for everyone.

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 11:35:49 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 11:26:42 PM

What does it matter if you're a bigot against some faction or another? Even if you did hate CIS people, who gives a fuck? Roger just claimed to hate humans in general...everyone in this thread hates me for being a shit-spewing redneck, and I hate plenty of people.

Everyone hates...the constant hate and strife of conflict caused by such ensures that no ones overly idealistic views ever end up "winning".

Because singling out groups for hate is a weak hate.  An unworthy hate.

No, my hate is a truck.  And there's room for everyone.

Oh come on, though. Your hate doesn't take the sort of mental gymnastics that validating racism or sexism or...whatever -ism hating straight white males is...you simply say "i hate everyone". It's so much more lawyerism to have to come up with a good reason to hate a specific group while having no REAL logic behind it. So much more logical back flipping...so much more pseudo-intellectual exercise...so much more fun ruminating over tangential statistics and logical points made of fallacies.

It's no fun to just hate all of man kind...it's too easy!  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, fuck you, Juana.  My principles are my principles.  They have nothing to do with your fucking cookies, and the implication that they are is offensive as hell.  So when I say "YOYO", I'm speaking literally.  YOU are on your own.  I have no trouble supporting my daughter or anyone else who doesn't fit society's model.

And you know what?  I didn't even ask my daughter to make cookies.  Not even once.

You arrogant shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 11:39:47 PM

Oh come on, though. Your hate doesn't take the sort of mental gymnastics that validating racism or sexism or...whatever -ism hating straight white males is...you simply say "i hate everyone". It's so much more lawyerism to have to come up with a good reason to hate a specific group while having no REAL logic behind it. So much more logical back flipping...so much more pseudo-intellectual exercise...so much more fun ruminating over tangential statistics and logical points made of fallacies.

It's no fun to just hate all of man kind...it's too easy!  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Balls.  I stay up an extra hour at night, just to hate you fuckers more.  I need no excuses or mental gymnastics, I just need to wake up in the morning, to see what you fucking retards have done now.

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 11:40:15 PM
Also, fuck you, Juana.  My principles are my principles.  They have nothing to do with your fucking cookies, and the implication that they are is offensive as hell.  So when I say "YOYO", I'm speaking literally.  YOU are on your own.  I have no trouble supporting my daughter or anyone else who doesn't fit society's model.

And you know what?  I didn't even ask my daughter to make cookies.  Not even once.

You arrogant shit.

Wait, so you can literally place "my principals are my principals" as a valid argument, when a good deal of your rantings spout all on and on about reconsitering ones world view?

The Good Reverend Roger

"Cookie-seekers".  Shit.

TGRR,
Is still SHITTING IN HIS PANTS over that one.  Fuck.  The sheer ARROGANCE.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 11:42:43 PM

You arrogant shit.

Wait, so you can literally place "my principals are my principals" as a valid argument, when a good deal of your rantings spout all on and on about reconsitering ones world view?

Sure.  My principles may change over time, to one degree or another.  Everyone's do.  Anyone who says their principles haven't changed from age 14 to 44 is eithr a liar or is brain damaged. 

But when I do something, it's based on my beliefs at the time.  Not for cookies.  I can get THOSE at the Goddamn supermarket.

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 11:41:41 PM

Balls.  I stay up an extra hour at night, just to hate you fuckers more.  I need no excuses or mental gymnastics, I just need to wake up in the morning, to see what you fucking retards have done now.

hmm, I guess I can concede that rationalising hatred for your own species as a whole is just as difficult as rationalising unrational hate towards subsets of it.

to each his own set of hate I guess then.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 11:45:31 PM

hmm, I guess I can concede that rationalising hatred for your own species as a whole is just as difficult as rationalising unrational hate towards subsets of it.

Not really.  Go watch the news, and get back to me.

Hating isn't easy or hard.  It's a state of being.

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 11:44:33 PM

You arrogant shit.

Sure.  My principles may change over time, to one degree or another.  Everyone's do.  Anyone who says their principles haven't changed from age 14 to 44 is eithr a liar or is brain damaged. 

But when I do something, it's based on my beliefs at the time.  Not for cookies.  I can get THOSE at the Goddamn supermarket.

Honourable notion. I can feel satisfied in agreeing to disagree with you on points.

tyrannosaurus vex

You arrogant shit.

In case you hadn't noticed, this conversation has not involved a whole lot of expending serious energy on replying to you. I say that as a spectator.

I didn't see anyone badmouth you for being vocally angry with the system.

I did see some negative reaction to you accusing a known actual ally of being in the game of demanding EQUAL RIGHTS for.... cookies? Which is sort of ridiculous.

What I want to know is -- again, as a spectator here -- at what point does one's privilege mark them for expanded scrutiny and skepticism when they renounce their entitlement to that privilege in favor of expanding the privilege to the status of a universal right for everyone? Is it when they have something to gain, personally, if the cause wins (other than the comforting knowledge that the cause won, that is)? If that's it, then why is it a problem if they do gain something if the cause wins? Is the cause mutually exclusive with every other kind of benefit to every other kind of person? At that point, is there perhaps a hint of entitlement associated with the cause itself, where a victory might not be considered "complete" if it becomes pinned to advancing some "lesser" goals for "lesser" people?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 11:46:24 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 11:45:31 PM

Not really.  Go watch the news, and get back to me.

Hating isn't easy or hard.  It's a state of being.

i'd say that's a relative statement. I'm defining "hard" as "investing energy into something"...it takes mental effort to construct hateful arguments online for the senseless pissing matches that occur on the internet...and it took the energy stored in vast resources of man power and zyklon B to enact the hate of the holocaust.

Hate, like all activities takes energy. Because it pits beings against each other and forces irrational struggle, it consumes an unduely high amount of energy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on April 08, 2013, 11:49:23 PM
I did see some negative reaction to you accusing a known actual ally of being in the game of demanding EQUAL RIGHTS for.... cookies? Which is sort of ridiculous.

Unless the objective is to be able to shit on CIS people whether they're being supportive or not.

Because you can make the very act of being supportive an attack against you, right?

It justifies the bigotry.