News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Blowin' in the wind.

Started by deet, September 05, 2005, 11:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deet

Do I want to be the first to make this comparison? No, but I will.
Do you want to read it? It may anger you.

This is insensitive, and uncaring. I am not. I apologize in advance, and if you are emotionally affected by Hurricane Katrina, this is the kind of thing that will make your blood boil,

New Orleans is blowin' in the wind.
Just like Haiti, last year.
Yeah, I said it.

Georgie and Katrina,
blowin' over trees...
Trees where cities used to be.

Georgie and Katrina,
blowin' over trees...
Have you helped a refugee?

All walls have two sides.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ethosionDo I want to be the first to make this comparison? No, but I will.
Do you want to read it? It may anger you.

This is insensitive, and uncaring. I am not. I apologize in advance, and if you are emotionally affected by Hurricane Katrina, this is the kind of thing that will make your blood boil,

New Orleans is blowin' in the wind.
Just like Haiti, last year.
Yeah, I said it.

Georgie and Katrina,
blowin' over trees...
Trees where cities used to be.

Georgie and Katrina,
blowin' over trees...
Have you helped a refugee?

Nope.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

deet

All walls have two sides.

unlike_someone

I am emotionally affected and I didn't mind it...
- some inertly chaotic chick

"I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: unlike_someoneI am emotionally affected and I didn't mind it...

This might make me sound like a jerk, but the only thing that bothers me about NO is that Verthaine is missing.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

unlike_someone

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

This might make me sound like a jerk, but the only thing that bothers me about NO is that Verthaine is missing.

It doesn't make you sound like a jerk, just like most of the world. It's just news unless someone you know is involved.
- some inertly chaotic chick

"I don't kill flies but I like to mess with their minds. I hold them above globes. They freak out and yell, 'Whoa, I'm way too high!' " --Bruce Baum

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: unlike_someone

It doesn't make you sound like a jerk, just like most of the world. It's just news unless someone you know is involved.

Geez...I could almost be...a REPUBLICAN! :lol:

gnimbley

You are a Republican. Don't you read your own rants?

Oh. You meant that other kind of Republican. Sorry. My bad.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Nah, not really.  But remember the details anyway.  The details will come in handy at election time. :twisted:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: gnimbleyYou are a Republican. Don't you read your own rants?

Oh. You meant that other kind of Republican. Sorry. My bad.

Yeah, that's gonna cause some confusion among the Brits. :lol:

AFK

It's also a reminder that if a Hurricane comes your way, or any other natural disaster, terrorist attack, locust plague, Ashlee Simpson concert, that you are fucking on your own.  Don't count on any other help than the two hands attached to your arms.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name?It's also a reminder that if a Hurricane comes your way, or any other natural disaster, terrorist attack, locust plague, Ashlee Simpson concert, that you are fucking on your own.  Don't count on any other help than the two hands attached to your arms.

Which kinda sucks for those who got completely fucked by this class-striated economy, and who can't affort a car, or gas if they did, or a bus ticket, or even a place to go.

Quote from: The gub-mentWhaddaya mean an evacuation plan has to account for mass transit?  Why don't they all just gas up their SUV's and stay at they summer cottages?

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: The gub-mentWhaddaya mean an evacuation plan has to account for mass transit?  Why don't they all just gas up their SUV's and stay at they summer cottages?

This is the correct Dole.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO
Quote from: The gub-mentWhaddaya mean an evacumation plan has to accountable for massive transmit?  Why don't they all just gas up their SUV's and stay at they summer cottages?

Translated.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO
Which kinda sucks for those who got completely fucked by this class-striated economy, and who can't affort a car, or gas if they did, or a bus ticket, or even a place to go.

Which means we need to start a constitutional amendment mandating that every man, woman, and child is supplied with their very own rocket pack.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.