News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Here's your "Illuminati"

Started by Cain, March 02, 2014, 03:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Oh damn, I have some reading to do.
This is likely to result in a changed world-view.  :argh!:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

BadBeast

Somalia is a perfect example of the clusterfuck of warring factions that result when a Aid dependent Foreign Nation won't stick to a UN Aid concessionary agreement. The Habr Ghidr should have just been given the distribution contract, then they would have probably become the Ruling regime, and Somalia wouldn't have to rely on hi-jacking oil tankers today.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Reginald Ret

Quote from: BadBeast on July 07, 2014, 05:14:31 PM
Somalia is a perfect example of the clusterfuck of warring factions that result when a Aid dependent Foreign Nation won't stick to a UN Aid concessionary agreement. The Habr Ghidr should have just been given the distribution contract, then they would have probably become the Ruling regime, and Somalia wouldn't have to rely on hi-jacking oil tankers today.
I like how people keep talking about Somalia as if it exists as any meaningful concept. Neither country or culturally cohesive region is applicable.
The most honest thing you could do is put a 'Here be Dragons Wild Humans'  sign on the map.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

BadBeast

Quote from: Regret on July 07, 2014, 07:09:53 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on July 07, 2014, 05:14:31 PM
I like how people keep talking about Somalia as if it exists as any meaningful concept. Neither country or culturally cohesive region is applicable.
The most honest thing you could do is put a 'Here be Dragons Wild Humans'  sign on the map.
Don't need to tell me. I spent months as a sniper, crawling across the rooftops of Mogadishu. Hella game, Black Hawk Down.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Reginald Ret

"Yeah, there used to be borders around this place that meant something, at least to foreigners. But then we decided to listen to the tribal elders, terrorists and pirates instead of to government because they had more guns. So now we call our house home and our village is our entire social context. Flag? We don't have money for that kind of thing. Government? Yeah I hear some village 200 kilometres from here call themselves 'the goverment' and their village 'the capitol'. I'm not sure what that means though they seem just a bit worse than the local warlord. At least our warlord spends his money locally."