News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Discordian Parables

Started by Captain Utopia, November 30, 2009, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

The idea behind this thread is to list or come up with some new parables, and then extract or inject meaning into it. The point being that while there may be no wrong or right answers, you still may be asked to defend your shitfuckcrazy thoughts. If anything comes of this I'll have a go at making a leaflet or something.

Roger and the Tooth Fairy
The part where Roger decides, after running out in horror after discovering the jar of teeth, to dive back in after becoming convinced that weird is the new normal.

No longer constrained by small towns and villages, our gene pool has likely never been more turbulent than it is now. In ways unimaginable 100 years ago, it's increasingly common to pick partners from across a country and even the world. What does this mean for human evolution? Shouldn't we be expecting to see more and more freaks, mutants and leaders? Because the view from my window matches this expectation.

Does this have any impact on memes and how evolution applies to the spread and dissemination of ideas? Does mixing up different flavours of weird produce greater quantities/qualities of weird or, through the necessary process of identifying common denominators, ground it so that it can provide unique solutions and value to a wider audience?

I think, inevitably over time, the latter.

If so, then we should all be diving headfirst into weird, not just for the fun of it, but to spur onward our social evolution since most of our current solutions suck, and we need to start applying some new answers.

phi

In the early days of Hubert's illumination, Hubert (a Chaos Gnostic) put himself on a strict regiment of meditation and mindfucks. Devoting all of his time to such practices, he soon found himself friendless. But Hubert didn't care; his aims were higher than mere friendship! Every night he would smoke a bowl of acapulco gold and test his progress. Every night he would fail and find himself covered in junk food. After the 3rd week and 2nd day of his labor, he got real pissed off.
"FUCK!!!!" He swore to the heavens. "Goddess, why have you forsaken me!?"
"Umm. What the hell are you going on about, Hubert?"
"For days I have devoted my life to enlightenment, but have not reached it! I've only lost my friends and gained weight. Why have you let me suffer?"
"Because only an idiot would spend so much effort waisting his time. When you next want to lose your friends and gain weight, I suggest you stop showering and eat tubs of lard."
And thus, Hubert achieved illumination.
Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 24, 2010, 03:44:12 AM
Only 41 more posts til Clue Jr!
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 24, 2010, 05:43:57 AM
You're some kind of off-balancing piece of shit that just tears a hole in the whole god damned spectrum of life and creates a friggin mess out of everything.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

NotPublished

Crap ... my imagination is a bit messed, I can't inject any meaning anywhere  :x I'm whipping the rodents on the wheel but its just Morning Jibberish .. I hope it comes to me
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

phi

Quote from: NotPublished on December 26, 2009, 10:33:28 PM
Crap ... my imagination is a bit messed, I can't inject any meaning anywhere  :x I'm whipping the rodents on the wheel but its just Morning Jibberish .. I hope it comes to me
Brilliant parable. That should be published. In a breath; never whistle while you're pissing.
Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 24, 2010, 03:44:12 AM
Only 41 more posts til Clue Jr!
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 24, 2010, 05:43:57 AM
You're some kind of off-balancing piece of shit that just tears a hole in the whole god damned spectrum of life and creates a friggin mess out of everything.

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.