News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Track Santa From Your Phone!

Started by Chief Uwachiquen, December 24, 2009, 03:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Uwachiquen

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93269?fp=1

QuoteNormally, NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) is the U.S.-Canadian military organization that watches over the air and water for security threats. But on Christmas Eve, the command center switches to Santa mode, and operation Santa Tracker is in full force.
:facepalm:

LMNO

They've been doing it for years.  But I guess now there's an app for that.

Cain

QUICK, AXIS OF EVIL, STRIKE NOW, WHILE THEIR GUARD IS DOWN
\
:hashishim:  :fresh:

AFK

Actually, I like it.  Because it's a chance to see some photos and learn about other parts of the world.  As Santa makes his rounds, these little gift icons show the cities and locations he's visited.  You can click on the gift and view photos, or you can click on another link that takes you to a wiki page where you can read about the location.  Sure, for a place like Paris, London, New York, who cares.  But I think it's interesting to read up on some of these remote islands out in the middle of the ocean, or villages in and around the Arctic Circle.  It's a great opportunity for my daughter to learn about these other places as well. 

And really, it's pretty much the same thing every year.  Same computer animation and everything, I don't think there is too much man power being diverted for this project. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.