News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

The Peedy Forums Elsewhere on the Internet

Started by Cramulus, November 30, 2008, 01:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Cramulus on November 30, 2008, 08:41:36 PM

http://www.closertogod.net/main/thoughts/worlddetail/BlackIronPrison.html

This guy actually came to PD and debated with us, but flounced after he made up his mind. Someone else might refresh us as to what happened there.

Yes, this was Laz.  He came here and acted all interested in the BIP.  Then he started asking questions, then he started disagreeing alot, and not getting it.  Then we came to find out that he really really didn't get it when someone stumbled upon this website.  Because as opposed to AKK, I don't think he bothered once to plug his site.  He obviously was here to gather material for his site.  There is a thread in this subforum somewhere where LHX, LMNO, and myself all wrote responses to his critique of the BIP.  I'll see if I can find it and add the link here. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Whoa, I checked that guy's site, he appears to be really stupid but have decent web development skills WTF.

I am going to assume that he is unemployed, based on his website.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Whoa, that Benaclypse dude was kind of a dick.

LMNO

AFK

And also that thread was the impetus for the wiki.  I suppose something good came out of it afterall. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 15, 2007, 08:51:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 05, 2007, 05:13:25 PM
Quote from: CloserToGodI have broken free of the BIP and I find that it is actually a lonely place, it is not populated with individuals, but it does not have any further walls and is not devoid of life. It is a free place that is to be explored and learnt from.

This paragraph alone makes it painfully clear that you have no understanding of what we are saying.  You obviously took a quick glance at the metaphor and it,Äôs symbolism, and came to a quick conclusion based upon your own biases, as opposed to the extensive dialogs that can be found here.

It looks more like this "closer to God" guy is trying to pass himself off as some sort of guru or swami.  "Hey, look at me!  I've already transcended everything you are experiencing!".  Unfortunately, that still won't get him laid on the internet.

:lulz:

Cain

Quote from: Cramulus on November 30, 2008, 08:46:41 PM
Oddly enough, here's Payne's piece "The Toymaker" translated into portugese

http://www.orkutcidio.org/epistola-aos-brasileiros-parte-2

whyyyyy are there so many Brazillian Discordians?

Apparently one of the most famous blogs there is run by a Discordian.  It may give it that sort of internet/media cred and recognition that it does not have over here.

East Coast Hustle

This has inspired me to decide to spend next winter in Sao Paulo.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

Template

Quote from: Cramulus on November 30, 2008, 08:41:36 PM
http://www.closertogod.net/main/thoughts/worlddetail/BlackIronPrison.html

This guy actually came to PD and debated with us, but flounced after he made up his mind. Someone else might refresh us as to what happened there.

Argh.  What a cabbage.

"BIP is not dark."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Is the Benaclypse from here http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11541.0

The same one who gave us.....

"The mainstream is a sewer. Learn to swim!" - Benaclypse

???

Because THAT is one of my favorite memes.

Otherwise.  I remember the Closer to God guy.  Thought he was the know all end all of everything.  Came here telling the people who actually wrote the BIP how they were wrong and shit?  Same asshole right?

AFK

Laz.  And at first, he seemed interested in what we were doing.  Maybe it was an act, who knows.  But then he started arguing, and it was the arguing without listening act.  Then he left.  Then he did the write-up on closertogod.  I sent him a couple e-mails inviting him to come back and answer a few questions we had about the write up but he's never come back. 

Valerie - Gone

First time I've been in this thread and ironically, I saw this earlier: hxxp://ursulav.livejournal.com/851452.html?thread=32755196#t32755196
If I'm correct in my thinking that OM is ours, then Hemlox has obviously heard of us somewhere. And Neintales has at least heard of Discordianism.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates