News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Heresy part 1

Started by Slurrealist, December 27, 2011, 08:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurrealist

I have read both the BIP and the Chao Te Ching. The works, IMO, have great ideas that have power to inspire people, however there also some things that didn't resonate well with my "views." As I understand, the aim of the texts is to develop a critical thinking toward various ideologies, political views, etc. (The "think for yourself, schmuck" thing), so I hope that the result of my critical thinking won't be downgraded. I read some thread criticizing BIP, and they seemed to end in the an overall flaming of the thread author, therefore I have some fears.
First, why all this stuff with the "keep your mouth shut" stuff? IMO it's a loser's position. If you want to say something, if you want to say with all your soul, say it as loud as you can. If there's something that in your opinion is wrong with the world - something that causes others trouble living, and no one but you seems to care - why not to go and make a case? It's better to be maced, clubbed, beaten or whatever than stand up somewhere in the dark. Even if the thing is doomed to fail, people should try it. Maybe one day, the iron panel would be lifted off.
There was the example of Jesus Christ as someone who shouted too much and get caught, but, IMO, he went to the cross to point out that fear is keeping people in the manacles of slavery. He could have escaped, however the decided to stay and go to the end.
As long as you fear, as long as you keep your mouth shut, the Machine team will be dominant, just like the government. If you want to do something - do it. Didn't manage to do it the first time? Continue. The second time went wrong? Keep going? You're doing it the hundredth time, and it's still falling down? Go on.
"Perseverance is favorable," one Chinese sage had said many years ago.
After all, it's the the ones who kept shouting that made a difference in our society.
If you want to share something with the world, stand up against something you do not like, change something, then let the fear go and do it. No one can really hurt you when you are fearless. Fear is the tool that keeps the Machine alive, so try to forget fear and go on with courage. Even if you won't accomplish everything, at least you have made a fucking case, and, according to the non-locality principle, it will make a difference sooner or later.
Or kill me.

The author acknowledges that everything written above is bullshit, an infantile attempt at trolling.

"You're free, and freedom is beautiful. It will take time to restore chaos...but we will..."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slurrealist on December 27, 2011, 08:02:20 PM
First, why all this stuff with the "keep your mouth shut" stuff? IMO it's a loser's position. If you want to say something, if you want to say with all your soul, say it as loud as you can.

You seem to be misunderstanding the KYFMS principle.  It doesn't mean "shut up"...On the contrary, we believe you should holler like hell.  What it means is that if you pull off a prank, you shut your mouth about it, because 11/12 people get caught because they couldn't keep their mouths shut.  And 2/3rds of them deserve it.  Anyway, the goal is to prank today and stay free to prank tomorrow.  If you're pranking for status, you're in the wrong religion.

The author acknowledges that everything written above is bullshit, an infantile attempt at trolling.

What the fuck was that there for?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

The poster whogot flamed for criticizing the bip got that not because he was making a critique but because thw wording he was using was intended to stir shit up. Matter of fact he called the bip shit.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on December 27, 2011, 08:13:18 PM
The poster whogot flamed for criticizing the bip got that not because he was making a critique but because thw wording he was using was intended to stir shit up. Matter of fact he called the bip shit.

Oh, yeah.  Jackelope. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

He wasnt even really making a real critique anyway but rathere seemed to blame the bip for not being able to use what the bip saying in order to make his jailbreak.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2011, 08:08:22 PM
First, why all this stuff with the "keep your mouth shut" stuff? IMO it's a loser's position. If you want to say something, if you want to say with all your soul, say it as loud as you can.

You seem to be misunderstanding the KYFMS principle.  It doesn't mean "shut up"...On the contrary, we believe you should holler like hell.  What it means is that if you pull off a prank, you shut your mouth about it, because 11/12 people get caught because they couldn't keep their mouths shut.  And 2/3rds of them deserve it.  Anyway, the goal is to prank today and stay free to prank tomorrow.  If you're pranking for status, you're in the wrong religion.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.  The CTC specifically mentions 'Covert Ops in the name of Discordia'.

also, 'Getting away with it means staying away from it'.

And pretty much all of this:

Chapter 64

Organized things cause Disorder.
Disorganized things cry for Order.
The colorful and flashy get noticed.
The wary and wise wear camouflage.
A mindfuck of epic proportions
only happens when no one notices the set-up.
Most games are won
when using misdirection.

Let other people
wave their flags and storm the riot shields.
You're not playing that game;
Those game rules were written by Authority.
There is no way you can win at that.

Therefore the wise spags learn all the rules,
and then write different games.
They create the Illusion
that best fits their situation,
and doing so, win.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 27, 2011, 08:19:00 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2011, 08:08:22 PM

You seem to be misunderstanding the KYFMS principle.  It doesn't mean "shut up"...On the contrary, we believe you should holler like hell.  What it means is that if you pull off a prank, you shut your mouth about it, because 11/12 people get caught because they couldn't keep their mouths shut.  And 2/3rds of them deserve it.  Anyway, the goal is to prank today and stay free to prank tomorrow.  If you're pranking for status, you're in the wrong religion.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.  The CTC specifically mentions 'Covert Ops in the name of Discordia'.

also, 'Getting away with it means staying away from it'.

And pretty much all of this:

Chapter 64

Organized things cause Disorder.
Disorganized things cry for Order.
The colorful and flashy get noticed.
The wary and wise wear camouflage.
A mindfuck of epic proportions
only happens when no one notices the set-up.
Most games are won
when using misdirection.

Let other people
wave their flags and storm the riot shields.
You're not playing that game;
Those game rules were written by Authority.
There is no way you can win at that.

Therefore the wise spags learn all the rules,
and then write different games.
They create the Illusion
that best fits their situation,
and doing so, win.

Once again, LMNO takes something I tried to screech for 9 years, and sums it up in 3 verses.  :lol:

LMNO

Credit where it's due; a lot of the chapters regarding Authority are gleaned directly from you, Cain, and ECH.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 27, 2011, 08:23:30 PM
Credit where it's due; a lot of the chapters regarding Authority are gleaned directly from you, Cain, and ECH.

Oh, I wasn't complaining about that.  I just think it's amusing that I jabbered several hundred pages of this shit, and you said the same thing in less than half a page, more clearly than I did in volumes of hate-shitting.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2011, 08:24:58 PM

Oh, I wasn't complaining about that.  I just think it's amusing that I jabbered several hundred pages of this shit, and you said the same thing in less than half a page, more clearly than I did in volumes of hate-shitting.

Different music reaches different audiences, Roger. As we get older, passages like those in the Chao Te Ching make perfect, concise sense, whereas when we were young, they may have seemed too esoteric to get the point across.

What I'm saying is, the world needs those hundreds of pages of ranting just as much as it needs the Chao Te Ching. You don't become a Discordian Master overnight; it takes years of studying and practice.

When I first read Slurrealist's post, my first reaction was to roll my eyes and say "Way to miss the point, n00b". But the truth is, that seemingly obvious point might take someone a while to get... it might take that "A-ha!" moment, after reading a parable, or a rant, and the Chao Te Ching (which I think is admirably accessible, to be clear) and THEN going out and doing something, and THEN... wanting to tell their buddies about it but realizing that the joke would be a thousand times funnier if they didn't. Or seeing word get out about someone's prank, and that person being taken in for questioning.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 27, 2011, 09:34:16 PM

Different music reaches different audiences, Roger. As we get older, passages like those in the Chao Te Ching make perfect, concise sense, whereas when we were young, they may have seemed too esoteric to get the point across.

What I'm saying is, the world needs those hundreds of pages of ranting just as much as it needs the Chao Te Ching. You don't become a Discordian Master overnight; it takes years of studying and practice.

When I first read Slurrealist's post, my first reaction was to roll my eyes and say "Way to miss the point, n00b". But the truth is, that seemingly obvious point might take someone a while to get... it might take that "A-ha!" moment, after reading a parable, or a rant, and the Chao Te Ching (which I think is admirably accessible, to be clear) and THEN going out and doing something, and THEN... wanting to tell their buddies about it but realizing that the joke would be a thousand times funnier if they didn't. Or seeing word get out about someone's prank, and that person being taken in for questioning.

I suppose.

And these days, being taken into the system for strange, unexplainable pranks isn't exactly a good thing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2011, 09:40:39 PM

I suppose.

And these days, being taken into the system for strange, unexplainable pranks isn't exactly a good thing.

:lulz: Fuck no.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 27, 2011, 09:42:22 PM

I suppose.

Judge:  "What was he doing?"

Cop:  "Not really sure.  It was very strange."

Judge:  "Well, can't be too careful.  Throw the little bastard in the hole.  We'll let DHS sort it out."

EK WAFFLR

This reminds me of something.

A few years ago, some prankster threw a pie in the face of then Minister of Finance here in Noruega.
He faced 15 YEARS in prison.

(however, our Elected Officials™ succumb to public outrage occasionally,  and he was let free with a fine of a few thousand Norwegian money. )
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 27, 2011, 09:46:45 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 27, 2011, 09:42:22 PM

I suppose.

Judge:  "What was he doing?"

Cop:  "Not really sure.  It was very strange."

Judge:  "Well, can't be too careful.  Throw the little bastard in the hole.  We'll let DHS sort it out."

This Is America™ 2012.