News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Dirtbags, part 2

Started by Doktor Howl, May 19, 2015, 05:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Club Congress

I took sip of my drink.  "Well, it's like this, Katie...Until a couple of months ago, I had the dream job.  Then my boss was caught schtupping the scheduler, by his wife.  They were both given a chance to retire.  Jim did, Lillie - the scheduler - did not, thinking she'd tough it out.  She's clearly doomed, but in the meantime, she's making life hell on everyone.  Then, a week ago, one of her direct reports made an insanely racist comment in mixed company.  I called him on it, and he thought it was funny.  Lillie had not been present, so I reported it to her per the rules. "

"Sounds reasonable so far."

"Yeah, well, the next day she tried to fire my best employee."

"Retaliation?  Really?"

"Yep.  And the racist got 'punished' by having to make an apology.  That's it.  In any case, I wound up getting a call from HR, who had not heard of the racism thing, and I called it retaliation."

"So, they're going to fire her?"

I keep forgetting how young Katie is.  She still has smooth curves that haven't been smashed into jagged edges.

"No.  In fact, I was called back by HR after I'd submitted a written statement, and very improperly asked to remove the word 'retaliation', and told there was no indication that such was taking place.  I refused to remove the word.  I haven't heard from them since, and Lillie has after a few days of quiet, stepped up her game."

"That's bullshit."

"Damn right it is.  But the boss's boss has postponed his visit, the HR department all took sick days, then vacations, and neither the boss's complaint against my employee nor my complaint of retaliation has been acted on.  Nor, for that matter, has the racism issue.  It's like there's this huge ball of flaming shit just hovering in the sky, and there's no way to tell where it's going to land.  Nobody wants to go near it."

"So what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to make it worse, of course.  There's no reason I should feel anxiety if nobody else has to."

Katie laughed.  "You have a habit of doing that."

"Well, I don't LIKE to..."

"Liar."

"Yeah."

I got up to go to the men's room, and to grab another round on the way back.  When I came back out, some guy with a beard and deliberately crappy Italian shoes was standing next to the table, talking to Katie.  Shrug.  I walked on over and set the drinks down.  Beardo looks at me and says "Do you mind?"

"Yeah, actually, I do."

"What, are you her dad or something?"

Katie and I laughed.  I looked at Katie.

"This stud doesn't seem to be communicating well," she said, "He would like to buy me a drink, but I do not want one of his drinks.  He would like to get me out of here and into something more comfortable, but doesn't seem to understand that 'I'm Gay' doesn't mean 'come cure me, big daddy'."

I snorted laughter.  "Fuck off, kid, before something bad happens."

"What are you gonna do about it, grandpa?"

Okay, that's a first.  It had to happen eventually.  Still, it could have waited a few more years.

"What makes you think HE will do something about it, kid?" Katie asked, lighting a cigarette.

"Oh, now the dyke is going to beat me up?"

"Oh, dear.  Something bad just happened,"  I said, leaning back in my chair.

"What?"  Bearded guy looked at us, with a suspicion going through his drunken head that maybe someone WAS going to get fucked tonight.  Just not the way he planned.

Katie leaned forward and burned his face with her cigarette, right through the beard.  The smell was ungodly.  He screamed, and put his hands to his face.  Oh, look, his balls are right there, undefended.  What could I do?  I punched him in the junk.  He staggered backward, into the arms of the bouncer, who hustled him to the gate and heaved him out onto the pavement.

He turned to us.  "You two get to go out the front door, under your own power.   First, last, and only warning."

"We're reasonable people," I said, standing up.

"Yes, no trouble at all," Katie agreed.

The bouncer relaxed, and said, "You guys can come back some other time.  Only it's our policy that anyone involved in trouble is out for the night."

We slammed out drinks, nodded at him, and headed for the door.  The people at the surrounding tables were looking at us like we were animals.  Of course, the young lady's outburst earlier didn't help matters.

As we walked down the sidewalk, still giggling, Katie said "Let's go down a few blocks.  There's a corner bar that serves truly cheap liquor to truly cheap people.  You can finish your story there."

I shrugged, thinking that the night's insanity wasn't over.

I was right.

to be continued
Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

I'm fascinated to see where the flaming ball of shit ends up.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 19, 2015, 05:34:44 PM

So am I; it is STILL hovering.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Is there truly any better omen for Tucson than a shit comet?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 19, 2015, 05:42:32 PM

If there is, I can't think of one.

It occurs to me that I am keeping bad company.  Or the best possible company.  I can't decide.
Molon Lube

POFP

This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Dubya

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2015, 05:48:55 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 19, 2015, 05:42:32 PM

If there is, I can't think of one.

It occurs to me that I am keeping bad company.  Or the best possible company.  I can't decide.

Quick, effective action in response to trouble? And a sense of humor, too? Id say best.
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2015, 05:25:45 PM
I got up to go to the men's room, and to grab another round on the way back.  When I came back out, some guy with a beard and deliberately crappy Italian shoes was standing next to the table, talking to Katie.  Shrug.  I walked on over and set the drinks down.  Beardo looks at me and says "Do you mind?"

"Yeah, actually, I do."

"What, are you her dad or something?"

Katie and I laughed.  I looked at Katie.

"This stud doesn't seem to be communicating well," she said, "He would like to buy me a drink, but I do not want one of his drinks.  He would like to get me out of here and into something more comfortable, but doesn't seem to understand that 'I'm Gay' doesn't mean 'come cure me, big daddy'."

I snorted laughter.  "Fuck off, kid, before something bad happens."

"What are you gonna do about it, grandpa?"

Okay, that's a first.  It had to happen eventually.  Still, it could have waited a few more years.

"What makes you think HE will do something about it, kid?" Katie asked, lighting a cigarette.

"Oh, now the dyke is going to beat me up?"

"Oh, dear.  Something bad just happened,"  I said, leaning back in my chair.

"What?"  Bearded guy looked at us, with a suspicion going through his drunken head that maybe someone WAS going to get fucked tonight.  Just not the way he planned.

Katie leaned forward and burned his face with her cigarette, right through the beard.  The smell was ungodly.  He screamed, and put his hands to his face.  Oh, look, his balls are right there, undefended.  What could I do?  I punched him in the junk.  He staggered backward, into the arms of the bouncer, who hustled him to the gate and heaved him out onto the pavement.

:lol: Funny how some people think that if they just keep digging they'll come out on top somehow.

Maybe by the bolded part he had already figured he wasn't getting anything, but really, what was he expecting? What if you were her father? Frankly it doesn't matter - insulting the family/friends/drink mates of your potential interest isn't really the best way to woo the ladies.

Not that it's terribly surprising, but if you can step back for a minute and pretend that this type of behavior is rare, it's just like....really!?

Looking forward to more. Always enjoy your writing.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2015, 05:35:26 PM

Excellent. If still hovering then there is still the opportunity to increase the size.

Act accordingly.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hooplala

Please tell me this is how everything actually transpired, even if it isn't true.

Also, I sincerely hope there is a part 3 coming...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 19, 2015, 09:13:42 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2015, 05:35:26 PM

Excellent. If still hovering then there is still the opportunity to increase the size.

Act accordingly.

Oh, it doubled in size today alone.  Details to follow.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on May 19, 2015, 09:13:54 PM
Please tell me this is how everything actually transpired, even if it isn't true.

Much as with the MSY series, I never pull back the vinyl.  Mostly as a self-incrimination thing.  Any resemblance to real people, alive or dead, is pure malice and I am not sorry in the slightest.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2015, 10:55:11 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on May 19, 2015, 09:13:54 PM

Much as with the MSY series, I never pull back the vinyl.  Mostly as a self-incrimination thing.  Any resemblance to real people, alive or dead, is pure malice and I am not sorry in the slightest.

I choose to believe it happened just as written.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman