News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

PD 2006: The First Drafts.

Started by LMNO, May 09, 2006, 05:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Fizzwitz GlorypoopYou guys seem to be preaching to people who do have 9 to 5 jobs, watch MTV, etc.

But what about the people who are already weirdos? The geeks, the goths, the freaks, the neo-pagans, the stoners. They're probably going to think this doesn't apply to them. I think we should preach to them, too. They're also a lot more likely to listen to us.

So, yeah, we should start with them.

IMO.

you can keep the goths.

ECH,
thinks they probably deserve their fate
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Fizzwitz Glorypoop

Quote from: East Coast Hustle
Quote from: Fizzwitz GlorypoopYou guys seem to be preaching to people who do have 9 to 5 jobs, watch MTV, etc.

But what about the people who are already weirdos? The geeks, the goths, the freaks, the neo-pagans, the stoners. They're probably going to think this doesn't apply to them. I think we should preach to them, too. They're also a lot more likely to listen to us.

IMO.

you can keep the goths.

ECH,

Okay, fair enough. I don't like them much either.
Fizzwitz Glorypoop, Baroness of Paradox, Episkopos of the Cabal of Innocent Absurdity

"Snorting ground up crows beak off the broken shards of your bathroom mirror might not get you high, but that doesnt mean its not worth doing." - Z3

Fizzwitz Glorypoop

What I said didn't really apply to the OP, I just realised, so it was kinda silly to put it in this thread. I like the OP, btw.
Fizzwitz Glorypoop, Baroness of Paradox, Episkopos of the Cabal of Innocent Absurdity

"Snorting ground up crows beak off the broken shards of your bathroom mirror might not get you high, but that doesnt mean its not worth doing." - Z3

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle

IMO.

you can keep the goths.

ECH,

The Goths are our unwitting "allies"*.  They provide camoflauge for those of us smart enough to blend in.

* = dupes, to be precise.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

And, some of them see the light.

Eventually.

LMNO
-used to look like this:

Mangrove

Snippets from SSOOKN archives:

Maintaining a belief in enlightened behaviour is hard work. Trying to enact it is hard work. Not wanting to beat the shit out of very stupid people is hard work.

and:

for every 1% of enlightenment generated comes with about 20% idiocy as a waste product.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiSnippets from SSOOKN archives:

Maintaining a belief in enlightened behaviour is hard work. Trying to enact it is hard work. Not wanting to beat the shit out of very stupid people is hard work.

and:

for every 1% of enlightenment generated comes with about 20% idiocy as a waste product.

ain't THAT the truth.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiSnippets from SSOOKN archives:

and:

yoinked.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOAnd, some of them see the light.

Eventually.

LMNO
-used to look like this:

It doesn't count against you if you're doing it to get laid, LMNO.

Hell, "Bob" would approve.

TGRR,
Knows that "blending in" can be taken in many contexts.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Eventually.

LMNO
-used to look like this:

MGD,
laughing at yuo
(even though he probably looked equally ridiculous during certain times in his life)

MGD,
laughing at himslef.

deet

Quote from: Machine Grind Dream

Eventually.

LMNO
-used to look like this:

MGD,
laughing at yuo
(even though he probably looked equally ridiculous during certain times in his life)

MGD,
laughing at himslef.

deet,
can't laugh. There may be a few pics of me wearing pants with 27" (wide) legs, and bright-ass orange baseball caps.
All walls have two sides.

putz

I once dyed my hair flourescent green just for the hell of it.  You could see me coming from five blocks away.
You really are children here I cant believe it???

Prickly

Pope Prickly the Pielyamorous Porcupine of the Bent Quarter Cabal and, more recently, the Sunrise If You Dare Cabal

Before the beginning, there was a 50/50 chance of either something or nothing existing. So, something and nothing decided to flip a coin to decide which of them would exist. However, in order for there to be a coin to flip, something had to have already won the toss. Therefore, you only exist because something is a cheating bastard.

Triple Zero

bump. this is what an initial spark of avalanche combustion powder (just add water) looks like.

also, shouldn't this be moved to the BIP forum? (or is it not really that interesting to move old threads)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Well, I could, I just have no inclination to go thread diving purely to move them over.  But since its up...