News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on October 04, 2014, 08:55:12 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 04, 2014, 06:30:59 PM
The good news is that academics are made, not born... you might be surprised by how much your perspective can shift after a year of being embedded in higher education. I was an artist for 20 years, and supported myself and my family for ten of those years, before entering academia. I love it.

Yeah I remember reading bits of your story, here and there, and greatly admire your sheer grit and resulting accomplishments. I'm glad to hear that academics is a match and that you love what you're doing!

I am not uneducated, just primarily self taught, or mentored, and so not 'officially' educated. I've a very strong tendancy to seek, and some talent for filtering, info but despise having to be held accountable for it. It's not a good thing overall. Bad wiring that I just don't want to be bothered to change. Which of course is why I really have to do it.

The fact that you know that already puts you a step ahead of most people entering college.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm procrastinating the shit out of working through the section on bond strength. Maybe I should go for a walk or something, maybe play a little Ingress.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I had this hilarious idea that I would print a shipping label for an order so I could walk it up to the post office drop box, but my shipping computer won't connect to the internet, the printer doesn't recognize my ancient Mac, and inexplicably my new Windows 8 notebook can't find my printer on the network even though it's PLUGGED DIRECTLY INTO IT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH MY  GOD I DID IT AFTER AN HOUR OF FUCKERY I CAN TAKE THIS FUCKING PACKAGE TO THE DROP BOX AND CLOSE MY ETSY STORE.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2014, 09:37:00 AM
Hilariously, it has turned out my computer's copy of Windows is not genuine.

I'm not 100% sure that is the cause of the problems, but it does mean the company is now 110% at fault and has all legal liability.

oh dear...

Cain

Well, so long as they can actually get me a new, working computer I'm not too worried.  And if they don't...well, I'll report them to the correct regulatory bodies, give it to the local geek store for a fixup, and then keep the receipts and transfer the charges to them once they accept they are legally in the wrong.

Pæs

Always nice when in the middle of something fucking annoying, events conspire to make it largely someone else's problem.

Then you can direct all your 'fixing it' efforts to making it excessively annoying for that person to not resolve things.

Cain

Ben Shapiro

I pinched my lower back nerve jack knifing my wife. So fuck you all until I move without barking.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cain on October 05, 2014, 12:39:11 PM
See, Paes understands me.

being a massive pain in someones arse to fix something is very satisfying.

Eater of Clowns

I got some of Nigel's favorite unsolicited advice yesterday. I was joking about the time I was gifted a pair of boxers that didn't have a crotch hole, which I didn't know until I wore them out drinking, confusedly fumbling around to find the opening while half in the bag.

Immediately I get a chorus of "Why don't you cut an opening for them?" And "Why not just pull them down and go up and over?"

GOOD IDEA FUCKSTICKS, GUESS I CAN STOP SIMPLY URINATING MYSELF NOW.  :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Pæs

Cain

Because clearly, your problem solving skills are top tier when you've been out drinking.

hirley0

yeah?
so? anyway my question at the top of the hour will be
ACADEMIA LINK LATER

AS 4 THE RST OF YOU: yes i do try to follow HEr exploits
there is a bar near Portland State | called the Tortus
they have free Pool there on Sundays | & sTiLL is
My Remaing connection to the Game i call Academia
I play the game at the NEW.k Level {Enough said
http://sf0.org/hub   box4>
https://sf0.academia.edu/ManleyHubbell/Activity    act1>
https://pdx.academia.edu/CameronMSmith/Activity  >>
pdx = Portland State  UNIverseITyYY
Never mind the Maid 4 Prime Time TV JokEs
the back story is the maid4 NH465 {as i Remember
& my memmory is getting Really PooRer by Ms

So yeah i do recommend CMs & crew | Ants are in.
another note about  A Lambda 2 ΛΛ

Quote from: Your Mom on October 04, 2014, 08:58:21 PM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on October 04, 2014, 08:55:12 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 04, 2014, 06:30:59 PM
The good news is that academics are made, not born... you might be surprised by how much your perspective can shift after a year of being embedded in higher education. I was an artist for 20 years, and supported myself and my family for ten of those years, before entering academia. I love it.

Yeah I remember reading bits of your story, here and there, and greatly admire your sheer grit and resulting accomplishments. I'm glad to hear that academics is a match and that you love what you're doing!

I am not uneducated, just primarily self taught, or mentored, and so not 'officially' educated. I've a very strong tendancy to seek, and some talent for filtering, info but despise having to be held accountable for it. It's not a good thing overall. Bad wiring that I just don't want to be bothered to change. Which of course is why I really have to do it.

The fact that you know that already puts you a step ahead of most people entering college.