News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

HEY ROGER

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 12, 2013, 06:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

BF wants to know why there are clamshells in Phoenix? I told him that whole thing used to be under the ocean but he is convinced that there are desert clams in Arizona. Help.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Desert clams?

Must...

Not....

:lmnuendo:

Cain

I hear desert clams are named for Operation Desert Clam.  Their only natural predator is the drop bear, and they are best served with Wow-Wow sauce.

hooplala

Are desert clams anything like Rocky Mountain Oysters?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 12, 2013, 06:03:06 AM
BF wants to know why there are clamshells in Phoenix? I told him that whole thing used to be under the ocean but he is convinced that there are desert clams in Arizona. Help.

He's right.  The desert clam is a harmless mollusc that filters its food from the desert sands. It can grow up to 4 feet across and may weigh as much as a ton.

It's only predator is the desert starfish, which gives EVERYONE the heebee jeebees, and is also the animal that killed Marlon Perkins and his entire film crew.  For which my gratitude is eternal.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

I once saw a desert sea cucumber.  Not for the faint of heart.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on December 12, 2013, 01:58:47 PM
I once saw a desert sea cucumber.  Not for the faint of heart.

Take a look at the feeding habits of the common starfish.  :vom:

The desert starfish is worse, because the bastard hides under the sand like the Goddamn Saarlac.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

I see we're not mentioning desert crabs.

I don't blame you.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 12, 2013, 04:21:11 PM
I see we're not mentioning desert crabs.

I don't blame you.

Already covered elsewhere.  Does no good to stand on the toilet seat, the bastards can jump 12 feet.

Junkenstein

It's the barbed claws that get me. Like natures Bodkin arrow.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 12, 2013, 01:12:51 PM
I hear desert clams are named for Operation Desert Clam.  Their only natural predator is the drop bear, and they are best served with Wow-Wow sauce.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 12, 2013, 01:57:38 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 12, 2013, 06:03:06 AM

He's right.  The desert clam is a harmless mollusc that filters its food from the desert sands. It can grow up to 4 feet across and may weigh as much as a ton.

It's only predator is the desert starfish, which gives EVERYONE the heebee jeebees, and is also the animal that killed Marlon Perkins and his entire film crew.  For which my gratitude is eternal.

:eek:

Suu

And this is why I will never visit Tucson.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Tucson has its own desert Cthulhu.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Ben Shapiro

Desert pearls you say?