News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

PopeGASM

Started by NotPublished, December 20, 2009, 11:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

Print out and distribute Pope cards

... alternatively, print one side out with Pope card and other side with a religious quote/Business services. Not sure if its illegal, just don't get caught :P

Very simple atleast.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NotPublished on December 20, 2009, 11:50:56 PM
Print out and distribute Pope cards

... alternatively, print one side out with Pope card and other side with a religious quote/Business services. Not sure if its illegal, just don't get caught :P

Very simple atleast.

Why would that be illegal?

Also, not actually a GASM.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

NotPublished

I'll learn one day  :sad:

(Would make sense that its not a GASM or it'd be mentioned first)

As for illegal - is there any possiblity that posing as a Christian and handing out other kinds of things would be deemed against the law? I am not too certain about that one. Smack me with a bible if I am wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NotPublished on December 21, 2009, 02:25:27 AM

As for illegal - is there any possiblity that posing as a Christian and handing out other kinds of things would be deemed against the law? I am not too certain about that one. Smack me with a bible if I am wrong.

No, unless what you're handing out is itself illegal.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

I think it's a GASM - it's something that people can do on their own, and if everybody does it, we will see the emergence of some a collective effect--namely more card carrying Discordians filtering through the interweb and reallife.

Moar popes! I support it!

Dimocritus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2009, 02:48:44 AM

Pope cards printed on blotter paper? Hrmmm...
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Iron Sulfide

Some rather litigious christians might argue that you're being discriminatory, or slanderous or libelous...but burden of proof falls on them, and you still have what's left of the first ammendment to fall back on. And you could always lie if you're called out and say that you're really christian, and their denomination is blasphemy.

So no, it's not illegal in and of itself. Just don't hand out drugs, or weapons, or something equally stupid.

I actually dressed as a Hare Krishna once while passing a flier explaining why money is a great spiritual teacher.
Ya' stupid Yank.

NotPublished

Hmm, that makes sense. Using good old doctrine to fight themself.

I suppose, if many people want to participate in this globally, we could have a Pope Card Day.

QuoteI actually dressed as a Hare Krishna once while passing a flier explaining why money is a great spiritual teacher.
:lulz: That is a good laugh, I hope people appreciated the irony of that.

the last yatto

one day? why not every 23rd* goto 47th** street
and hand out pope cards, or BIP cards

*(greg or discordian calender)
** or not
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

maphdet

Quote from: dimo on December 21, 2009, 08:04:46 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2009, 02:48:44 AM

Pope cards printed on blotter paper? Hrmmm...

:spit:

-maph, wanted to use the new emoticon
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

NotPublished

Quote from: Yatto on December 27, 2009, 11:04:54 AM
one day? why not every 23rd* goto 47th** street
and hand out pope cards, or BIP cards

*(greg or discordian calender)
** or not

Aye I was thinking on the 23rd, or rather 2/3 - but I suppose whats the point of doing it on yearly basis, just randomly give them out on every 23rd of a month, I like that.

the last yatto

speaking of which i need more "bussiness" cards printed up
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Lord Quantum

Quote from: Cramulus on December 21, 2009, 06:25:46 PM
I think it's a GASM - it's something that people can do on their own, and if everybody does it, we will see the emergence of some a collective effect--namely more card carrying Discordians filtering through the interweb and reallife.

Moar popes! I support it!

Hmmm...card carrying Discordians. I like how that sounds. Maybe we should shrink the LDD certificate down to the size of a card and pass those out. And then claim that every time someone takes a card, they're a convert. There's actually a religion that does that by the way.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)