News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Hi Nigel! Glad to hear from you. The things seem to keep rolling here. Q.G. has done a lot of fine work formatting older works as neato foldable flyers. Roger met a native American spirit and many Ann Franks. There's been much hubbub and the big Brexit of course.

For myself I've been well and getting re-connected with my hometown fam and friends. Left the hospital and about to get all litigious with the small retirement fund I cashed out. Tomorrow I see a lawyer from here in east Wisconsin, an old wolf with an interest in seeing a large slice. If all goes well I've found my school funding!

PROTIP: Never stab your most informative and literate employee in the back if it's not going to kill them. They might have read the law. I literally gave them 4 years of verbal warning about most of what I'm about to bring a case for. The rest is pics odf stuff from their "operation" that would make a billygoat puke and a theft of intellectual property for some extracurricular work I did a few years back assembling an Operations Procedure and Safety (OPS) team where I recorded the meetings and produced a constitution and minutes from them on my own time.
This under the false pretense that they were a nonprofit hospital. Nope. They just never informed the underlings when they changed a few years ago. Management lied straight to my face. That was a foolish thing to do.

The union's going to pitch several fits on the side too...
I hope to strike in early October as the executive folks go on vacation and everyone and their mama is spending their "flex accounts" before year end.
If they go to court and this goes public the can kiss their top 100 status goodbye.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 03, 2016, 11:19:51 AM
So, medieval feasting in central London.

Pros: the singer who looked like Henry the VIII was chill.  The swordsmen and acrobats were also good, and the service was excellent.

Cons: the beer was watered down, I didn't see any mead and the food, though certainly traditional, was somewhat lacklustre.  Also I may be blacklisted after stealing the Crown.

They had a place like that in Chicago.  Medieval Knights, it is called, and the food was vile.  The guys bashing each other off of horses were pretty good, but every time the waitstaff talked to us in faux-archaic English, I had to remind myself that they didn't have a choice and that they weren't really to blame and I shouldn't punch them or anything.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 03, 2016, 11:25:45 PM

Pros: the singer who looked like Henry the VIII was chill.  The swordsmen and acrobats were also good, and the service was excellent.

Cons: the beer was watered down, I didn't see any mead and the food, though certainly traditional, was somewhat lacklustre.  Also I may be blacklisted after stealing the Crown.

They had a place like that in Chicago.  Medieval Knights, it is called, and the food was vile.  The guys bashing each other off of horses were pretty good, but every time the waitstaff talked to us in faux-archaic English, I had to remind myself that they didn't have a choice and that they weren't really to blame and I shouldn't punch them or anything.

Sounds like a Renaissance Festival. Is this a place that's open all year-round? Or is it seasonal like a Renaissance Festival? Or is it a Renaissance Festival? (Questions to both of you)
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Suu

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 03, 2016, 11:43:17 PM

Sounds like a Renaissance Festival. Is this a place that's open all year-round? Or is it seasonal like a Renaissance Festival? Or is it a Renaissance Festival? (Questions to both of you)

Medieval Times, more than likely.  England has no fucking excuse to fuck up the Middle Ages, they were actually there. Well, after they were conquered by the fucking Normans.

On an unrelated note: Twenty-one people I know right now are pregnant.
Twenty. One.

I feel like I need to take an extra birth control pill in case I catch this shit. WTF BITCHES. I AM NOT GOING TO 21 FUCKING SHOWERS.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SuuCal on July 04, 2016, 04:34:26 AM

Medieval Times, more than likely.

That's the one.  There is also one in Phoenix.  when I was up there with the science gestapo, I swore at it every morning on the way past.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

No, I'd have to draw the line at silly talking myself.  This place didn't do that, thankfully, or else I would have had to disarm a knight and take hostages.

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 03, 2016, 11:43:17 PM

Medieval place here, open all year round.  It is actually located in a dungeon in the older parts of London, so it does have that going for it.

Quote from: SuuCal on July 04, 2016, 04:34:26 AM
Medieval Times, more than likely.  England has no fucking excuse to fuck up the Middle Ages, they were actually there. Well, after they were conquered by the fucking Normans.

Well, watered down beer, soup and chicken with herbs does have a certain medieval quality to it.  Just the quality of life I suspect peasants were subjected to.  And, to be fair, the beer (and the wine) was all you can drink.  And the entertainment was good, that I can't deny.  Henry VIII could hold a tune, and the juggler was pretty legit, and the tavern wenches put up with a reasonable amount of us being dicks (it was a stag do, but we weren't hitting on the wenches.  We're not that crass.  Instead, we were making our friend who was getting married get up and take part in all the inbetween meals entertainment...he can't dance for shit, incidentally...and then stole the crown).

POFP

Well, yeah, America's Renaissance Festivals involve mostly things from Middle Ages too, I believe.

Remember: This is America, we don't give a fuck.

Renaissance? Medieval? We just wanted swords, big tits in corsets, and shitty mutton. Call it somethin you silly-talkin' Europans say, and we won't question it. Gimme a place to sit my dipspit cup and a plastic sword for ma boy, Gunner, and maybe we can share my cousin later.

And actually, now that the nerds have taken over the Renaissance Festival, it mostly amounts to DnD merchandise and Samurai outfits. And mutton.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

POFP

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 04, 2016, 04:13:56 PM
Lucky you. The closest thing we have around here is THIS PLACE.

WHAT THE FUCKING OW MY FUCKING EARS.

When you go in, do they offer to pay for the medical bills accrued from the ear surgery required after opening their intro link?

And what's with the dragon rubbing off next to the Site Title? And is that an Eiffel Tower in the P in Pizza?

AND THEIR LICENSE PAGE IS A NOT FOUND ERROR.  :lulz:

Bruno

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 04, 2016, 04:24:36 PM

When you go in, do they offer to pay for the medical bills accrued from the ear surgery required after opening their intro link?

And what's with the dragon rubbing off next to the Site Title? And is that an Eiffel Tower in the P in Pizza?

They have a sandwich called "The Crusader", which is, if course, chok-full of pork products. Their mascot is a knight in armor with a cross on his shield.

Also, they're one of the sponsors of the local Islamophobic newspaper. So I guess at least one thing about them is "Authentic". No word yet on the presence of plague rats...

POFP

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 04, 2016, 04:42:48 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 04, 2016, 04:24:36 PM

They have a sandwich called "The Crusader", which is, if course, chok-full of pork products. Their mascot is a knight in armor with a cross on his shield.

Also, they're one of the sponsors of the local Islamophobic newspaper. So I guess at least one thing about them is "Authentic". No word yet on the presence of plague rats...

"We know you love pizza as much as we hate other religions, JUST LIKE THE KNIGHT OF THE CRUSADES."

Cain

And this is where I mention there are contemporary reports of Knights Templar in Jerusalem defending Muslim pilgrims from more zealous Christians from Europe who tried to harass them.

POFP

Quote from: Cain on July 04, 2016, 04:56:14 PM
And this is where I mention there are contemporary reports of Knights Templar in Jerusalem defending Muslim pilgrims from more zealous Christians from Europe who tried to harass them.

Oh. Forgive my ignorance.

In school I was taught that the Crusades were essentially Christians massacring those of other faiths, including Islam. Or, at least that was what stuck with me from the teachings. I guess I was referring to old knights of the crusades in the original post?

Junkenstein

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 04, 2016, 05:08:06 PM

Oh. Forgive my ignorance.

In school I was taught that the Crusades were essentially Christians massacring those of other faiths, including Islam. Or, at least that was what stuck with me from the teachings. I guess I was referring to old knights of the crusades in the original post?

Not strictly true. The Crusades also had a whole bunch of Christians massacaring christian towns for plunder and giggles. Have a look at "The peoples crusade" that preceeded the main event and laugh at one of the first fullblown  shitshows of history. Peter the Hermit was a clown of the first order.

Also, A wild Nigel! Good to have confirmation of continued existence. Please resume your normal schedule of dicks to asses in your own time.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Bruno

This is where I start to photoshop a picture of Baphomet and the Eye of Providence saying to each other "You got Islamofascism in my Illuminati!!" ... "You got Illuminati in my Islamofascism!!".

But then I decide it's too much trouble, and I'm probably getting the joke wrong anyway.