News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Hmm, I will definitely schedule an appointment here soon, then. I have some things to consider.

As usual, I'm very grateful for everyone's input. Thank you all!  :)
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

minuspace

If spicy foods preemptively spike my olfactory system, could prolonged use have an attenuating effect (entirely speculative)?

POFP

Quote from: LuciferX on July 09, 2016, 12:04:50 AM
If spicy foods preemptively spike my olfactory system, could prolonged use have an attenuating effect (entirely speculative)?

From a physiological standpoint, my assumption would be that it depends on how spicy. From a neurological/mental standpoint, I don't think it would.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

minuspace

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 09, 2016, 12:08:26 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on July 09, 2016, 12:04:50 AM

From a physiological standpoint, my assumption would be that it depends on how spicy. From a neurological/mental standpoint, I don't think it would.
That latter point I was thinking of as some kind of Pavlovian inversion, like maybe it could work in both temporal directions.  Perhaps way too speculative.

[Ed.] Just though about the infection Candida?

The Good Reverend Roger

So, indefeatable bronchitis, week 2.  Off for the CT scan on Tuesday.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 09, 2016, 01:40:16 AM

Faaaaack. Don't die in Tucson.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 09, 2016, 01:58:12 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 09, 2016, 01:40:16 AM

Faaaaack. Don't die in Tucson.

It's probably just from breathing in tons of dust.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky on July 09, 2016, 02:23:58 AM
I hope this clears up for you soon.

Thanks, so do I.  My ribs hurt from coughing all night ever night.  I feel like ECH has been clog-dancing on my sternum.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 09, 2016, 02:25:02 AM

Thanks, so do I.  My ribs hurt from coughing all night ever night.  I feel like ECH has been clog-dancing on my sternum.

ECH, why you clog dancing on Roger?  He is not dance floor.

POFP

Damn Roger. I know that life. Hopefully it doesn't cause an endless cycle of strep throat and bronchitis.

By I know that life, I mean I know the illness. Not what it's like to have that illness in a place like Tucson. Which is probably like getting throat-ducked by Luscifer's barbed bepis.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 09, 2016, 02:46:08 AM
Damn Roger. I know that life. Hopefully it doesn't cause an endless cycle of strep throat and bronchitis.

By I know that life, I mean I know the illness. Not what it's like to have that illness in a place like Tucson. Which is probably like getting throat-ducked by Luscifer's barbed bepis.

Strep and I are old buddies.  I'm more worried about the fact that I smoked for 27 years.  Pretty sure it's not that, but it's never too late to wallow in anxiety.

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Freeky on July 09, 2016, 02:29:16 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 09, 2016, 02:25:02 AM

ECH, why you clog dancing on Roger?  He is not dance floor.

Everything is a dance floor if you're angry enough.

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 09, 2016, 05:13:08 AM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 09, 2016, 02:46:08 AM

Strep and I are old buddies.  I'm more worried about the fact that I smoked for 27 years.  Pretty sure it's not that, but it's never too late to wallow in anxiety.

:lulz:

Ah, well then  :lulz: