News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 11, 2015, 04:13:43 PM
DOES ANYBODY WHO IS REALLY GOOD AT PIRATING BOOKS WANT TO TRY TO HELP ME FIND A COUPLE OF BOOKS? I am having the hardest damn time.

Can't make any promises, as I've not pirated many books in recent years, but what you looking for?

Cain

In other news, diet continues to work.  I've lost a stone in just under three weeks, with no additional steps.

The soup is boring as fuck, but it does make choosing what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner pretty simple.

Meunster

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 11, 2015, 04:13:43 PM
DOES ANYBODY WHO IS REALLY GOOD AT PIRATING BOOKS WANT TO TRY TO HELP ME FIND A COUPLE OF BOOKS? I am having the hardest damn time.

I can.

but no fbi party vans pls.
Poe's law ;)

Doktor Howl

Well, Little Orange I is in fact on Nook, and I finally managed to get the chapter breaks correct, so that the new chapters appear at the top of the page, rather than at random intervals.  I seem to be getting better at this.

LO2 is still hanging in limbo, distributor-wise.  I may have to wait until Monday.   :argh!:
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on September 11, 2015, 06:21:12 PM
In other news, diet continues to work.  I've lost a stone in just under three weeks, with no additional steps.

The soup is boring as fuck, but it does make choosing what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner pretty simple.

Did you already say what, exactly, you're eating on your diet?  I wouldn't mind losing a few (weight measurmenete of choisce)s.

The Wizard Joseph

Aaand we have out first official Republican flounce, complete with butthurt insults from the flouncer and passive-aggressive compliments from the troll.

Goodbye Gov. Perry
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 12, 2015, 12:06:52 AM
Aaand we have out first official Republican flounce, complete with butthurt insults from the flouncer and passive-aggressive compliments from the troll.

Goodbye Gov. Perry

Well, he's going to jail, so I imagine he wants to spend more time with his accountant.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 12, 2015, 12:42:27 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 12, 2015, 12:06:52 AM

Goodbye Gov. Perry

Well, he's going to jail, so I imagine he wants to spend more time with his accountant.

Oh boy. Is he under investigation? I just didn't catch anything about it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

It was announced today that Fantasy Flight Games bought L5R from AEG.  It will re-debut as a LCG at GenCon 2017.  Playtesters aren't being ported over.

There goes my happy feels.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on September 12, 2015, 12:57:13 AM
It was announced today that Fantasy Flight Games bought L5R from AEG.  It will re-debut as a LCG at GenCon 2017.  Playtesters aren't being ported over.

I'm a gamer, and I didn't get half of those acronyms/abbreviations.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 12, 2015, 12:59:14 AM

L5R-Legends of the 5 Rings
AEG- the company that used to do L5R
LCG- I think Living Card Game. Not that a fucking clue what is actually entailed in an LCG.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 12, 2015, 01:01:44 AM

LCG- I think Living Card Game. Not that a fucking clue what is actually entailed in an LCG.

What I didn't get was LCG and "ported over".
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Ok. Did a bit of muh homework. What the hell was he doing running? Nevermind... he's probably going to burn.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Freeky

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 12, 2015, 01:01:44 AM

Living Card Game: a game where there is no collectibility, no surprise in what you get in a box.  Everything is static. 

What I meant by ported over is that it's not going to be a collectible card game anymore. 

The problem here is that you must, absolutely MUST always buy the new expansions, because if you don't you will fall behind as the environment distends and becomes unbalanced for those who get left behind.  It's the nature of LCGs.  In CCGs you don't need to keep buying everything, it's just helpful, and of course there's the sense of surprise and glee you get when you open a pack and find that super rare card you need and nobody has.