Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Emotional bullshit arrogant college rant

Started by Meunster, September 17, 2015, 05:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 19, 2015, 10:32:29 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 19, 2015, 08:28:53 PM
I like caring. It always hurts at some point, but overall it seems to work out well enough that the rewards are worth the occasional hurting like a motherfucker.

Same here.  Just not about Muenster.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 19, 2015, 09:55:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 19, 2015, 07:00:40 PM
Quote from: Meunster on September 18, 2015, 11:39:36 PM
Well, that was my monthly break down. Time to go back to being an asshole.

I never cared.  You do your best to make sure nobody gives a fuck, and so I oblige you.

I like caring. It always hurts at some point, but overall it seems to work out well enough that the rewards are worth the occasional hurting like a motherfucker.

You know, I'm reminded of the description of the Cherubim as detailed in an excellent RPG by SJ games called In Nomine. Their essential nature and function is to do just that, to care. A Cherub is thought to have nearly limitless capacity to pay attention to things and otherwise 'mind' them. When actually making use of their angelic 'attunement' power in the game they gain supernatural knowledge of at least the well being and location of whatever or whoever they are attuned to.

Allowing the attuned to come to harm at all usually has deleterious effects upon the Cherub, and this is generally how they Fall. Upon falling they become a form of "demon" called a Djinn by the writers of the Game. Djinn give no fucks whatsoever. They were giving no fucks WAY before it was cool. They can still attune to things and use that bond, but are usually under zero obligation and less inclination to give care in any way. The only restriction upon the Djinn is that they can not directly harm the attuned themselves.

Every now and then a Djinn will inadvertently attune exactly as a Cherub does and feel for the subject exactly as a Cherub would. Problem is that caring by choice or accident fucks them up just like willful apathy does to a Cherub, and Djinn have nowhere left to Fall to.

Now I'm unapologetically jacking his thread in the hope of a fun conversation, but it WAS Meunster that got me thinking about it. I tried to imagine some well meaning Campus Crusader in the depths of ardent intercessionary prayer beseeching YHVH to send a messenger into his wretched, wicked life and show him real Love and it's life-altaring power.

It all went downhill when I realized that it would likely be a Cherub that got sent (always SO willing to volunteer, those Cherubim) and that, as Meunster seems to be consciously unwilling to give a shit about himself, the Cherub would be pretty much in for getting slowly, squickily fucked right away. It might even make the horrible strategic mistake of assuming corporeal form and involving itself in Meunster's intricate, masturbatory "anti"-ego trip after mistaking it for his real personality. In a truly desperate attempt to shore him up, or at least shut him up for a bit, it could even disastrously decide to bed him. Months of awkward, self-degrading pity-sex that satisfied nobody and Nihilistic philosophy-wanking might even get the, by now surely unhinged and rattled, Cherub wondering what the blazes Father was REALLY UP TO.

I think you have a potential screenplay, here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 19, 2015, 10:36:14 PM

I never cared.  You do your best to make sure nobody gives a fuck, and so I oblige you.

In a truly desperate attempt to shore him up, or at least shut him up for a bit, it could even disastrously decide to bed him. Months of awkward, self-degrading pity-sex that satisfied nobody and Nihilistic philosophy-wanking might even get the, by now surely unhinged and rattled, Cherub wondering what the blazes Father was REALLY UP TO.

:)
Hm. Might just be a fair story for sure. Not sure how I'd wrap it up, but an insane angel attempting suicide and getting infuriated at being unable to do so could make a Hell of a third act turning point, probably followed by the messy and bizarrely vicious death of the Campus Crusader, but not pseudo-"Meunster". Oh no, in fact he's now the center of its TRULY limitless ability to obsess. Pass the popcorn and place a wager on how long it will take for him to nut-up and finally DO IT. It keeps leaving his web browser open on sites with plenty of proper instructions, but he just won't die. At that point it could be a horrible rom-com parody series.

The only other way to end it as I see it would be either the, notoriously difficult to achieve, obliteration of the cherub or pseudo-"Meunster" actually DOES kill himself, or get himself meaninglessly killed, leaving the poor creature an empty shell locked up in a ward somewhere, left to rot in the depths of the system.

Because of course pseudo-"Meunster" wouldn't actually attempt to become a better person. That would be arrogant.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

Jesus.   :eek:  I'm pretty sure you could market it as a psychological thriller at that point and...

Well, I don't know if it would make money, or even gain a cult following, but DAMN.

Meunster

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 19, 2015, 11:14:34 PM

In a truly desperate attempt to shore him up, or at least shut him up for a bit, it could even disastrously decide to bed him. Months of awkward, self-degrading pity-sex that satisfied nobody and Nihilistic philosophy-wanking might even get the, by now surely unhinged and rattled, Cherub wondering what the blazes Father was REALLY UP TO.

Hm. Might just be a fair story for sure. Not sure how I'd wrap it up, but an insane angel attempting suicide and getting infuriated at being unable to do so could make a Hell of a third act turning point, probably followed by the messy and bizarrely vicious death of the Campus Crusader, but not pseudo-"Meunster". Oh no, in fact he's now the center of its TRULY limitless ability to obsess. Pass the popcorn and place a wager on how long it will take for him to nut-up and finally DO IT. It keeps leaving his web browser open on sites with plenty of proper instructions, but he just won't die. At that point it could be a horrible rom-com parody series.

The only other way to end it as I see it would be either the, notoriously difficult to achieve, obliteration of the cherub or pseudo-"Meunster" actually DOES kill himself, or get himself meaninglessly killed, leaving the poor creature an empty shell locked up in a ward somewhere, left to rot in the depths of the system.

Because of course pseudo-"Meunster" wouldn't actually attempt to become a better person. That would be arrogant.

I've had quite a few fanfictions.

But that would be the best one yet. Fuck, I like that idea. It'd make a good tv show. First part would be the corruption and depression of the Cherub, followed by me living with a djinn who hated me,  and then followed by some shoehorned redemption story finale. Where I learn that self hate fucks over people who care about me, and I should at least be cool with myself for their sake.
Poe's law ;)

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on September 19, 2015, 11:44:07 PM
Jesus.   :eek:  I'm pretty sure you could market it as a psychological thriller at that point and...

Well, I don't know if it would make money, or even gain a cult following, but DAMN.

I'll make this my main writing project. I'll do it to my satisfaction and see if that proves worth expanding or pitching to a production company. I may add elements from the "Widard's" universe, but in a lower  key way. As a stand alone screenplay the story will have more impact.

A while back I had a character idea and jotted  down something like "Barry the very sorry angel". Not sure where I left the note, but think it's on my fried computer. Was a somewhat different concept, but I thought of it and am re-purposing the name Barriel who shall take the names Barry and Becky depending on what gender it's wearing.

Then I Googled about and found out that Bariel is a thing. I wasn't surprised, all of the good angel names are taken. A bit of a celebrity as angels go.

Angel of the fourth pentacle of Jupiter
nothing worse than a name-dropping
Wizard

The second r in the name will reinforce the fictitious nature of the story and spare me the possibility of spurious but obnoxious lawsuits from the fair number of crystal-light angel hipsters that seem to be using Bariel as part of a pseudonym.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Meunster on September 20, 2015, 12:53:04 AM

But that would be the best one yet. Fuck, I like that idea. It'd make a good tv show. First part would be the corruption and depression of the Cherub, followed by me living with a djinn who hated me,  and then followed by some shoehorned redemption story finale. Where I learn that self hate fucks over people who care about me, and I should at least be cool with myself for their sake.

I shall make myself perfectly clear. This is not going to be a work based in any way on you or any aspect of your being. It is a work of fiction and any perceived similarities between it and you or any other entities are entirely unintentional.

On an entirely unrelated note, SHUT UP!!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 20, 2015, 01:11:01 AM
Quote from: Meunster on September 20, 2015, 12:53:04 AM

I shall make myself perfectly clear. This is not going to be a work based in any way on you or any aspect of your being. It is a work of fiction and any perceived similarities between it and you or any other entities are entirely unintentional.

Cool, yeah its based off a self loathing slightly intelegant college socialite, theres thousands of those. also on the unrelated note.

There are 2 classes of people, well and those fucks who can't make up their minds.
1. The people who think and try to contribute positively when they type.
2. The people who figure if you throw enough shit down, it'll eventually stick and form fossil fuel.

Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 20, 2015, 03:36:12 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 20, 2015, 01:11:01 AM

TGRR approves of this message.

It's a simple but critical teaching for our times from a teacher far wiser than I.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl