News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 29, 2014, 07:53:32 PM
I'm not posting simply because I ripped out my thumbnail by mistake, and typing makes me wince.

This is great, since one of my jobs involves a contracted 10 hours a week of typing.

Ouch, shit.  I did that once.  Left index finger.  Tore that bugger right off.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Mine's not all off..but half of the left hand side of my right thumb is.  Unfortunately, when I type I instictively use that thumb for the spacebar and...well, yeah.  I've wiped more blood off my laptop than I'm strictly comfortable with, at this stage.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 29, 2014, 08:20:33 PM
Mine's not all off..but half of the left hand side of my right thumb is.  Unfortunately, when I type I instictively use that thumb for the spacebar and...well, yeah.  I've wiped more blood off my laptop than I'm strictly comfortable with, at this stage.

Wrap it in gauze, under a smear of bactine, to keep the gauze from sticking.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 29, 2014, 07:53:32 PM
I'm not posting simply because I ripped out my thumbnail by mistake, and typing makes me wince.

This is great, since one of my jobs involves a contracted 10 hours a week of typing.

Jesus.  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2014, 08:24:38 PM
Wrap it in gauze, under a smear of bactine, to keep the gauze from sticking.

Thanks.  Unfortunately, no gauze at all.  I ran it under a cold tap for a bit and left it alone overnight, which seems to have done the trick.  Still hurts like hell whenever I hit the spacebar, though.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 30, 2014, 02:10:28 AM
Jesus.  :horrormirth:

I have a real talent for ripping my thumbnails off.  As you may or may not recall, I did something similar about 4 months back.

Cain

....And I've just stabbed my other thumb with a name label pin.  I'm pretty sure I hit the bone.

What's got two thumbs and goes "argh" when trying to do the "who's got two thumbs and somethingorother" gag-

Argh!

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Just a few more weeks.

My ex told me he is going around telling people that the other night, when I went to the kitchen for some ice and he was standing in there naked, I looked at him like he was going to rape me. And how insensitive that makes me.

I have no idea what night this was supppsed to be. When he told me this is what he was telling others it led to a very stupid discussion wherein I said I didn't think he'd do that and he replied by asking me what was wrong with him disrespecting my boundaries if I wasn't worried about rape.

I told him he was seriously fucked up and needed therapy. Then he asked if we were still friends. I left.

Later, I asked my roommate about the convo since he said he told her. She says that convo never happened.

So he is making stuff up to talk to me about rape.

Good to know.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Sorry about your thumbs, Cain. That sounds shitty.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2014, 06:16:51 PM
....And I've just stabbed my other thumb with a name label pin.  I'm pretty sure I hit the bone.

What's got two thumbs and goes "argh" when trying to do the "who's got two thumbs and somethingorother" gag-

Argh!

Dude! What's the deal with you and your thumbs?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 30, 2014, 07:18:59 PM
Just a few more weeks.

My ex told me he is going around telling people that the other night, when I went to the kitchen for some ice and he was standing in there naked, I looked at him like he was going to rape me. And how insensitive that makes me.

I have no idea what night this was supppsed to be. When he told me this is what he was telling others it led to a very stupid discussion wherein I said I didn't think he'd do that and he replied by asking me what was wrong with him disrespecting my boundaries if I wasn't worried about rape.

I told him he was seriously fucked up and needed therapy. Then he asked if we were still friends. I left.

Later, I asked my roommate about the convo since he said he told her. She says that convo never happened.

Good to know.

Your ex is a psycho asshole.

Cain

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 30, 2014, 09:56:49 PM

Argh!

They're the source of all our ills.  Once they became opposable, everything went to shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 30, 2014, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 30, 2014, 09:56:49 PM

Argh!

They're the source of all our ills.  Once they became opposable, everything went to shit.

:lulz:

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 30, 2014, 09:57:50 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 30, 2014, 07:18:59 PM
Just a few more weeks.

Good to know.

Your ex is a psycho asshole.
:eek: see heres where i'd stock up on pepper spray and tazers. And knives, lots of knives.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

As of Yesterday i am now a YMCA afterschool Program Leader! Hopefully between this and my tutoring job I can start saving to move out of my family's place.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."