News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

A problem with the message?

Started by LMNO, February 21, 2007, 05:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 23, 2007, 02:00:29 PM
Actually, we should bang out a new cover to the pamphlets, something like "The real secret to 23", or something.

Just a new cover, leave the rest of the text as is.  If we leave these in theaters, we just may turn some heads.

I don't know if I want anymore people who actually would give a shit about the number 23.

But that's just the opinion of one misanthrope.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 23, 2007, 04:07:11 PM
Consider it a gateway drug.

Oh, great.  We'll be up to our asses in law of 5s junkies.

How many people that came here jabbering about these things turned into useful mammals?  I ask you.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

At least, eventually, they've all wandered off to other flax-filled pastures. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 23, 2007, 04:09:18 PM
At least, eventually, they've all wandered off to other flax-filled pastures. 

What we're doing here, essentially, is trying to find more Mal^3's.

Nuff said.

AFK

Doesn't necessarily have to be that way.  Sure, you get those types, but if you can get just 3 out of a theatre of 40 or so to scratch their head and actually think about it, isn't that a win?

LMNO

[confession]

I was a 23 junkie when I first came here.

I fnorded dollar bills, too.

And I had a 5 kallisti a day habit.

[/confession]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 23, 2007, 04:12:55 PM
[confession]

I was a 23 junkie when I first came here.

I fnorded dollar bills, too.

And I had a 5 kallisti a day habit.

[/confession]

I still dobbs out hundred dollar bills.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 23, 2007, 04:12:14 PM
Doesn't necessarily have to be that way.  Sure, you get those types, but if you can get just 3 out of a theatre of 40 or so to scratch their head and actually think about it, isn't that a win?

And, on the plus side, we can put the bobbies to work on the wrong end of TGRR's practice range.

AFK

Yeah, I was too.  My first post:

QuoteGood day all,

I am the Reverend What's-His-Name? of the Maine Platypus Kabal here in Southern Maine.  Currently it consists of myself and one other nameless person.  We will be picking it soon.

I've enjoyed 29 revolutions around the Mother thusfar.  

I am employed in the profession of retail which is desperately in need of an enlightenment.  At least the sector I belong to.

I am unioned with a startlingly stunning member of the female persuasion and together have begat a future discordian, also of the persuasive gender.  

I'm glad to have stumbled upon a meeting ground of other discordians here in the digital realm.  I'm sure I shall enjoy my time here and look forward to swamping, I mean swapping conversations with many of you.  

Thank you.  Hail Eris! and 5 tons of flax.

I think some may go this route thinking it is a way to fit in.  It's like learning some token French words so you can converse with the natives, meanwhile, the Frenchmen are laughing hysterically at you behind your back because you sound like a dumb American.  

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Definitely still suffer aftershocks of the 23LOLP1N34L5Fn0rD!1!1!!s meself - whatever, as long as there is someting else there too, not like Mal-3 < shudder >

/is with Rog on the subject of Mal-3

Anyhoo:

If it's a little too copyright violating, I'm not sure what to replace Jim's phizog with, but seeing as it's to tie in and there's no money being made, coupled with the fact we all use anonymous names for the most part, I don't see a problem. :) Also, leaving Jim's face as a photo brings out all the none-too-subtle 23s all over it, I feel this works better.
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

AFK

Actually, now he kind of looks like a friend of mine.  I think it's probably ambiguous enough.  I just wouldn't hand it to the usher or anyone working for the cinema. 

LMNO

:lulz:

Can we replace the cover of the BIP pamphlet PDF w/ that?

LMNO
-PDF ignorant.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Not a problem, let me get to that a bit later tho, need to pack up and go home.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

You think it needs bars in front of Jim's face? Hmmm? Just an idle thought.