News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Metal Bear on March 09, 2015, 08:05:04 PM
Quit current job because the union gutted my hours for the next 6 months. I start new job on the 16th same pay, and I no longer have to be outside doing manual labor. I get to push papers around. Also wife got new job with more pay.

Oh good, at least YOU'RE not having a shitty day!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm not really having a shitty day either. I only need to memorize three equations for my genetics midterm tomorrow (YES I REALIZE IT'S DEAD WEEK, NO I DON'T KNOW WHY THERE IS A MIDTERM SEVEN DAYS BEFORE THE FINAL) and when I went to pick up my doxycycline for the trip I found out that, unlike the other malaria medication that I WAS going to get before finding out that Doxy is 1/2 the price, my insurance covers it. So it was only $10.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's supposed to yield quite vivid dreams, I hear. Hopefully not too vivid.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think I won't try it out the day before my midterm though. Just in case they're NO SLEEP FOR YOU vivid.

Cain

I'm not having a shitty day either.  It's just...well, my transition day.  Between night shift sleep patterns and normal ones. 

So I'm just kinda out of it.

Bruno

Got kind of a callback for a job last week. Temp agency called me back about a job as maintenance mechanic on fully and semi automated equipment. I say kind of because they were just calling me to let me know that they were sending my resume on to the company, so it's not like I have an interview, yet. The lady seemed to be enthusiastic about my qualifications, but they may do that to everyone that is qualified enough to send resumes on to the company they're hiring for.

This is the first callback I've gotten in the two months I've been out of work. They're hiring about a dozen people for the position. If I can't land this one, I'm going to start having serious doubts about my employability.
Formerly something else...

Nephew Twiddleton

So I wasted time on Yahoo News explaining why, no in a pinch, the Irish Defence Forces would not (indeed, could not) "back up" NATO in any hypothetical skirmishes or full out war with Russia, despite the fact that Russian bombers screwed up civilian air traffic in Dublin.

How have you all been?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 10, 2015, 12:58:19 AM
So I wasted time on Yahoo News explaining why, no in a pinch, the Irish Defence Forces would not (indeed, could not) "back up" NATO in any hypothetical skirmishes or full out war with Russia, despite the fact that Russian bombers screwed up civilian air traffic in Dublin.

How have you all been?

I'm doing pretty good. For real there's been Russian bombers flying close enough to Dublin to cause diversions?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 10, 2015, 03:36:30 AM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 10, 2015, 12:58:19 AM

How have you all been?

I'm doing pretty good. For real there's been Russian bombers flying close enough to Dublin to cause diversions?

Yep. Also, today I learned that Russia is flying very obvious bombers. Obvious to Irish technology.

My reaction is "why? It's fucking Ireland. The British Empire let us off easy because they were war weary from WWI"

Seriously though. Ireland's Air Corps has 24 planes, and the Irish Navy has 7 ships. We rely on the RAF for air defense. Our primary military mission is to secure Ireland against nonexistent threats, support the police, police fisheries in accordance with European Union agreements, and to support UN peacekeeping missions. UN activity accounts for 100% deployment.

Nephew Twiddleton

It's like, "uh, guys, you realize you went past England, right?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Chelagoras The Boulder

applied to Costco but also i am considering applying to teach abroad for a few months until my internship starts up. Feels like two very different life paths i'm looking at here. Does anyone else ever think of their life in terms of one of those visual novel games?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 10, 2015, 04:56:51 AM

Yeah, but the UK's military isn't so hot nowadays.  America's complaining we suck, and we have to ask the French to borrow their air carrier every time we want to fight outside of Europe, because we scrapped our own in a fit of pique.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 10, 2015, 06:40:13 AM

Yeah, but the UK's military isn't so hot nowadays.  America's complaining we suck, and we have to ask the French to borrow their air carrier every time we want to fight outside of Europe, because we scrapped our own in a fit of pique.

Damn, really?

That's gotta hurt though. The UK asking the French to help navy up.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 10, 2015, 07:01:51 AM
Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 10, 2015, 06:40:13 AM

Damn, really?

That's gotta hurt though. The UK asking the French to help navy up.

History: the inexorable process of finding new ironies.

Things are getting nutty. Saw an article about US stationing heavy armor in the Balkan states to 'deter Russia'. Another about 'Europe' calling for an army all its own.

I would suggest that they weaponize the Greek debt by RichterizingTM the bond notes and airdropping them over the main highways to Russia. Mono molecular papercuts for all.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl