News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Robin Williams is dead. Apparent suicide.

Started by Suu, August 11, 2014, 11:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Unfortunately depression is nasty. Really nasty. No matter how much you may want to get better, or better others, it's easy to hide. And when it finally drags you down to where you can't come back up, it could be too late. I really hope that this could raise some awareness. Being an activist himself, he would have wanted it to.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Well it may have worked with the "people who commit suicide are selfish" mindset, since people aren't shouting that about this particular guy.
So there's a start?

I hope.

hooplala

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on August 15, 2014, 06:27:39 AM
Well it may have worked with the "people who commit suicide are selfish" mindset, since people aren't shouting that about this particular guy.
So there's a start?

I hope.

Shepard Smith from Fox called him a coward, but then... Fox.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Complicating factor: He apparently was recently diagnosed with Parkinsons.  I'm not saying that's a good reason to end it, but it could have factored into his decision.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 15, 2014, 12:21:44 PM
Complicating factor: He apparently was recently diagnosed with Parkinsons.  I'm not saying that's a good reason to end it, but it could have factored into his decision.

It would be more than enough of a reason for me.  Just saying.

Crippling depression is bad enough... 

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

I was just watching a Robin video on Youtube and, like a fucking schnook, I looked down at the comments. 

This was the first one: "The beauty of his passing is that he will NEVER mock God or Jesus Christ ever AGAIN!!"

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Hoopla on August 15, 2014, 05:35:05 PM
I was just watching a Robin video on Youtube and, like a fucking schnook, I looked down at the comments. 

This was the first one: "The beauty of his passing is that he will NEVER mock God or Jesus Christ ever AGAIN!!"

Like he wouldn't do it to their faces if they actually existed.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on August 15, 2014, 05:35:05 PM

His daughter's had to close down her social networking profiles because of the sheer level of abuse she is being bombarded with.

More evidence, as if any were needed, that social networking sites turn you into a moron.

hooplala

A wise man once said, "Peoples are full of dumb."

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman