News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bds

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 17, 2010, 11:10:36 AM
could you explain a bit more about what Mix Cloud is?

Have you ever used Soundcloud? It's basically a version of that, but more focused on mixes, with tracklisting etc. I picked it based from recommendations from other DJ's. All I basically have to do is upload the .mp3's to it, fill in the relevant details and they spit out the mix with embedding codes and stuff, and it gets added to their database and other people can find it through searching tags and the like on the mixcloud site.

and those image embed thingies look ugly, but I guess that's the fault of my stylesheet.

.. SO I FIXED IT. please to check out the "HTML" tab of your post how the caption tags are formatted, then next time you can do the same :D

Kay, cheers, I'll check when I get to a computer which can access the RFD site. :)

and you say one mix is "oldies" and the other "perhaps fresher". that could be anything! rave? soul? funk? goa? rock? IDM? hiphop?

The first is probably predominantly rock-ey type stuff, the second is jazz/funk/modern chart pop, I guess. If you click on the mix you can see tracklists/tags, though.

BadBeast

Just figured out how the "post image" thing works. So here's one.
nsfw

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx128/ChuckFukmuk/RADIOFREE.jpg
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Roaring Biscuit!

I think the move to prerecorded is probably a positive one, gives both DJ and listener more freedom, does mixcloud allow uploads?  e.g.  is there still the capability for less music based shows etc?

x

edd

bds

Mixcloud allows you to upload pretty much any .mp3 you want. There's a little slidey thingy that goes from music to talk, so you can chat as long as you like. If you are going to do a talk based show though, I'd appreciate it if your mic is of a reasonable quality level.

If you do record anything, just shoot me up a PM and we'll get you hooked up.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BDS on March 16, 2010, 09:29:33 PM
BAH-BUMP.

So I finally got around to doing some RFD stuff, and, well, here it is. Comments and criticisms both welcome and appreciated.

LOL.

I'm interested.
Molon Lube

LMNO

I'm interested as well; lemme check out this mixcloud business.

bds

BTW - If you want something uploaded on the official RFD mixcloud, just upload it to some kind of file sharing site and PM me with whatever details you want, I'll throw it on and link it on the RFD homepage. I'm happy to do that with most anything you want up, as long as it conforms to Mixcloud regulations or whatever.

However, if you want to make your own Mixcloud solely for your own shows (wouldn't really recommend it, it's kinda a lot of hassle) - I'm also happy to embed those on the RFD site.

To be honest, I'm just happy to get as much content as possible on the RFD site. :)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BDS on May 17, 2010, 07:17:45 PM
BTW - If you want something uploaded on the official RFD mixcloud, just upload it to some kind of file sharing site and PM me with whatever details you want, I'll throw it on and link it on the RFD homepage. I'm happy to do that with most anything you want up, as long as it conforms to Mixcloud regulations or whatever.

However, if you want to make your own Mixcloud solely for your own shows (wouldn't really recommend it, it's kinda a lot of hassle) - I'm also happy to embed those on the RFD site.

To be honest, I'm just happy to get as much content as possible on the RFD site. :)

I can rant into the mic (I do better without having anything to read, it seems), and send you an mp3 or 5.
Molon Lube

bds

bds

bds

http://radiofreediscordia.org - A few site updates, new podcast. Go feed my traffic graph, spags!

Also I'm still looking for new content, so if you've got anything, lemme know, cheers.

Suu

You're free to take some of my recorded broadcasts if you like. :)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

bds

Hmm. I'd love to, if that's all good with Madkid and yourself and such. :)

However, there may be a problem with Mixcloud wanting me to put in tracklists and so on. I'll take a look and see if there's an easy way around that, cause it'd be great to have some of your stuff on RFD.

Suu

my stuff is at http://kaousuu.4shared.com

If not, a plug to my show and MKR is always appreciated. :)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

bds

Yeah, I just checked, doesn't look like I can upload a podcast to Mixcloud without tracklisting and such.

However, I edited the most recent news post to include a link both to your stuff and the MKR ubroadcast page. :)