News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 18, 2014, 04:30:29 AM
I'll be in Austin until Tuesday. 

Everyone be cool.

The napalm is under the sink.

Grab some za from Homeslice.

Suu

My sister is cosplaying at Tampa Bay Comic Con next week. This makes me think about warning my parents to have bail money at the ready, because I pity any pervert that is going to attempt to bother her.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

minuspace

Quote from: The Suu on July 19, 2014, 02:22:19 PM
My sister is cosplaying at Tampa Bay Comic Con next week. This makes me think about warning my parents to have bail money at the ready, because I pity any pervert that is going to attempt to bother her.

I like you, so the one thing that pisses me off is how bondsman gets to keep that.

Note to self:  Fire-up Project Bail Dominion (NFP)

Pope Pixie Pickle

I got a free ikea sofa with 2 covers today.

And then I found out from her current human that Eris, the stray who showed me her bum in 2005 and got bundled up and taken home, had feline leukemia and had to be euthanised. She lived with most of my family and Payne, but she always had a bipedal can opener who loved her and treated her well, and that's all a cat really needs. She was approximately 9 years old and semi feral.

I have a weird feeling of happy from finally making progress on the lounge and having somewhere to sit that actually deserves to be called thus. (it's starting to look like adults live here, finally!) and grief about Eris Missymoo, Princess Stinkybum.  :pax:

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on July 20, 2014, 01:01:01 AM
I got a free ikea sofa with 2 covers today.

And then I found out from her current human that Eris, the stray who showed me her bum in 2005 and got bundled up and taken home, had feline leukemia and had to be euthanised. She lived with most of my family and Payne, but she always had a bipedal can opener who loved her and treated her well, and that's all a cat really needs. She was approximately 9 years old and semi feral.

I have a weird feeling of happy from finally making progress on the lounge and having somewhere to sit that actually deserves to be called thus. (it's starting to look like adults live here, finally!) and grief about Eris Missymoo, Princess Stinkybum.  :pax:

Congrats on IKEA couch. And I'm sorry for your loss.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Luna

Spent yesterday starting to haul shit out of my apartment and into a storage unit.  LunaBF and Richter are officially awesome, and the spawn of LunaBF managed (with some difficulty) to avoid being locked into said storage unit and left to rot.  (I STILL say that if we'd just tied one into each futon mattress, it would have muffled the noise for long enough.)

I hurt, today.  Getting out of bed was an adventure.

Getting old is NOT for sissies.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Quote from: Luna on July 20, 2014, 02:09:29 PM
Spent yesterday starting to haul shit out of my apartment and into a storage unit.  LunaBF and Richter are officially awesome, and the spawn of LunaBF managed (with some difficulty) to avoid being locked into said storage unit and left to rot.  (I STILL say that if we'd just tied one into each futon mattress, it would have muffled the noise for long enough.)

I hurt, today.  Getting out of bed was an adventure.

Getting old is NOT for sissies.

Mr. Suu saw the camp map today for war, "Who is Daywalker?"

So after a moment of explanation, his response was, "Oh. Little shits like that who give us awesomely nice ginger kids a bad rep. I see. Sounds like a target rich environment."

We do have carpets we can roll him in for transport back to his mother if necessary.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bu🤠ns

Spent yesterday setting up a bunkbed for the minion.  The other minion got a regular bed frame. Maybe now she'll finally stay in bed and go-the-fuck-to-sleep.

Cain

My think tank is submitting a report to Parliament, to do with our fancy defence strategy overhaul.

Hopefully, this means my name will be on something that gets given to MPs, which will help me find employment where I'm not stacking shelves and working tills, or writing for peanuts.

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on July 20, 2014, 05:37:06 PM
My think tank is submitting a report to Parliament, to do with our fancy defence strategy overhaul.

Hopefully, this means my name will be on something that gets given to MPs, which will help me find employment where I'm not stacking shelves and working tills, or writing for peanuts.

Please tell me the report was not entirely congratulatory of their new wardrobe.

Cain

Oh no, nothing like that.  Though they probably do approve...the outfit straddles the line between neoliberal and neocon, but that's the only game in town these days.  I don't alter my writing for them, but my positions may be far more nuanced and come with more caveats than they realise.

Anyway, this is to do with defence procurement and overall strategy for the next decade.  I've yet to look over the details themselves in full depth, because it's a couple of hundred pages long, but it looks like the team are going to write an assessment of it and present it to some subcommittee or another.

Raz Tech

Wife was supposed to be gone from this morning until Tuesday to hang out with her friends .  At some point this changed, and she neglected to make me aware of it.  I was upstairs when she got home, and was alerted to her presence by a blood-curdling scream of RAZ! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY KITCHEN!?  After a little bout of telling her it's okay, I put towels down, it became apparent that this was a losing battle.  In her words, "I was only gone for six hours and you turned my kitchen into a fucking AutoZone!" So apparently I'm not allowed to rebuild transmissions in the kitchen anymore (not that I ever was), and as penance I have to clean the kitchen every day this week regardless of who cooks dinner.  I also have to clean my garage so I can do things out there.

I told her that coming home to me rebuilding a transmission in the kitchen should be preferable to coming home to me rebuilding another womans vagina in the kitchen.  This too was apparently the incorrect argument to make.

I still haven't figured out why or how she puts up with me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Raz Tech on July 21, 2014, 01:55:55 AM
Wife was supposed to be gone from this morning until Tuesday to hang out with her friends .  At some point this changed, and she neglected to make me aware of it.  I was upstairs when she got home, and was alerted to her presence by a blood-curdling scream of RAZ! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY KITCHEN!?  After a little bout of telling her it's okay, I put towels down, it became apparent that this was a losing battle.  In her words, "I was only gone for six hours and you turned my kitchen into a fucking AutoZone!" So apparently I'm not allowed to rebuild transmissions in the kitchen anymore (not that I ever was), and as penance I have to clean the kitchen every day this week regardless of who cooks dinner.  I also have to clean my garage so I can do things out there.

I told her that coming home to me rebuilding a transmission in the kitchen should be preferable to coming home to me rebuilding another womans vagina in the kitchen.  This too was apparently the incorrect argument to make.

I still haven't figured out why or how she puts up with me.

You are like Super Dave Osborne.  :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on July 20, 2014, 09:00:11 PM
Oh no, nothing like that.  Though they probably do approve...the outfit straddles the line between neoliberal and neocon, but that's the only game in town these days.  I don't alter my writing for them, but my positions may be far more nuanced and come with more caveats than they realise.

Anyway, this is to do with defence procurement and overall strategy for the next decade.  I've yet to look over the details themselves in full depth, because it's a couple of hundred pages long, but it looks like the team are going to write an assessment of it and present it to some subcommittee or another.

So yea, I'd hypothetically indulge the need to confirm their security concerns because proximity then enhances the persuasive power of subtlety.  Kudos.

Salty

After empirical observation I conclude I am cursed

OR

I joined the Wrong Religion.

I hope it's the latter, then all you bastards are in the same boat.

That's what community is all about.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.