News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

12 steps

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 07, 2007, 09:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

12 steps to becoming a drunk suicidal poet

Step 1. Stop at liquor store for tequila and unfiltered cigarettes.

Step 2. Purchase at least 4 Leonard Cohen CDs.

Step 3. Purchase "Prison" by Stephen Jesse Bernstein.

Step 4. Stock up on notepads and pens.

Step 5. Warm up by dimming the lights. A good option is to turn off all the lights except those in the bathroom, and leave the bathroom door wide open.

Step 6. Put on the Leonard Cohen CD of your choice.

Step 7. Commence drinking and smoking. Keep Leonard playing continuously. Start thinking about people you used to have sex with.

Step 8. Once drunk, sit on the floor in the middle of the room and cry. Write down anything that comes to your mind, comprehensible or not, in verse form.

Step 9. At around 2:00am, put on "Prison". Clutch your pen tightly
      and rock back and forth while living the enormity of
      Bernstein's misery.

Step 10. Review the evening's writings; weep while marveling at
       their scope and power. Continue writing in an increasingly
       shaky and illegible hand. Freely omit key words.

Step 11. Enter bathroom. Vomit. Stumble into bedroom and attempt to masturbate. Fail. Pass out.

Step 12. Repeat nightly.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Apex, The Harmony Of

And for the drunk alcoholic suicidal poet, pratice at least 3 times a day.

East Coast Hustle

if you fail at masturbating, you have put suicide off for far too long.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

anthropomorphic toaster guy says "don't go right, but go down!" ?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

it's supposed to be Rippy the Razor.  But, the fail should be expected.  Afterall, I did find this at Warehouse 23. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

ahhhh now i get it

"not across the road, but along the street
you might as well do soemthing right for once."

when done right, coming up with this knowledge seems to really freak people out. someone makes a suicide remark, jokingly, signs their finger going across the wrist, you walk over there and say "nononono that's not how you do it" (grabbing a knife at this point is optional), explaining them "along the street", people stare at you, eyes wide open.

dunno why, actually. thought that was common knowledge.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

I like to help people.

ECH,
a public service with every post
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Random Probability

This advice is a daily mantra for me.  I inform as many people as I possibly can.

RP, just helpful like that...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Being able to tell people which way to slit your wrist is probably a prerequisite for being allowed to purchase Stephen Jesse Bernstein. 
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Although, come to think of it, the correct way is to stab yourself three times in the throat.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 07, 2007, 09:39:30 PM
   12 steps to becoming a drunk suicidal poet

12 steppers.   :argh!:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Let Go and Let God, Roger.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh god. Worth it if only for the last two posts.