News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

"hey when are you having kids? Its getting kinda late."

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, February 27, 2012, 09:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 29, 2012, 07:03:53 PM
Quote from: Net on February 29, 2012, 05:44:48 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 28, 2012, 09:06:33 AM
I just tell people I'm already consuming enough resources for 2 people, I don't actually need to add another person to speed up global overpopulation.

I've actually been criticized directly for "creating another consumer on an overpopulated planet." Could be, I said.

Or she might grow up to invent a technology, start a social movement, or finagle some legislation that sets the sustainability movement forward by leaps and bounds.

One of the meth-head welfare moms that frequent my store brought her two adults sons, two adult daughters, and three little kids into the store to get subs for all of them with her EBT card. And asked me when I was having kids because I was taking such care with her little kids' sammiches. I said never. She nodded solemnly and said "Well that's best, I guess. More funds for me and my kids." And she patted her belly.

:facepalm:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

I've actually been criticized directly for "creating another consumer on an overpopulated planet." Could be, I said.

The correct response to this is a swift kick in the ass, and a suggestion that the consumer who said it to you remove him/herself from the population problem.
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 29, 2012, 09:21:24 PM

The correct response to this is a swift kick in the ass, and a suggestion that the consumer who said it to you remove him/herself from the population problem.

Yeah, if it wasn't a grandpa of sorts I may have taken a different tack.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Net on March 01, 2012, 12:06:27 AM

Wouldn't faze me a bit, if someone talked about my kids in those terms.

But, then again, I am a very rude person.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 01, 2012, 12:47:29 AM
Quote from: Net on March 01, 2012, 12:06:27 AM

Wouldn't faze me a bit, if someone talked about my kids in those terms.

But, then again, I am a very rude person.

Even worse, if he's a grandpa type he's directly responsible for at least two more consumers.  :wink:

Also, that's oversimplifying the problem. The resources/energy/food/water thing is a little more complex than "Oh, great, one more human."

Send 'em all to Mars and Titan. <---my simple solution

Nephew Twiddleton

Well, you want to send them there too Dok, but for wholly different reasons than fixing the population problem.  :lol:

Deepthroat Chopra

Kids get you to the front of airline queues (but after the age of 8, their usefulness is over).

They also give you the opportunity to go to theme parks, without all the mums looking at you like a potential pedo. Likewise, kids films.

Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

Nephew Twiddleton

The plane still arrives at the same time regardless of when im seated. Also im afraid of heights and babysitting my youngest sister killed any chance that i would want to watch a kids movie made any time after 1991.

Deepthroat Chopra

Quote from: That'll be five Twid, please. on March 01, 2012, 11:29:14 PM
The plane still arrives at the same time regardless of when im seated. Also im afraid of heights and babysitting my youngest sister killed any chance that i would want to watch a kids movie made any time after 1991.

Kids also get you through customs quicker. Except China. I don't know why not China.

Also, they a great excuse for avoiding things. Instead of saying "No, I'm not coming to your barbecue because you're a fat waste of time, and all your friends are bushpigs, you can say, simply, 'kids'."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Deepthroat Chopra on March 02, 2012, 12:46:59 AM

Kids also get you through customs quicker. Except China. I don't know why not China.

Also, they a great excuse for avoiding things. Instead of saying "No, I'm not coming to your barbecue because you're a fat waste of time, and all your friends are bushpigs, you can say, simply, 'kids'."

Nothing to declare, US citizen, EU citizen, band practice. :p

Deepthroat Chopra

Quote from: That'll be five Twid, please. on March 02, 2012, 12:57:49 AM
Quote from: Deepthroat Chopra on March 02, 2012, 12:46:59 AM

You mean, I could have just said "band practice", instead of knocking up my woman?

I should have thought my life through better. :oops:

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 02, 2012, 02:30:24 AM

You got double citizenship?? NICE

Yep. Born on American soil, so I can run for President in 2016, and Irish citizenship transfers automatically from an Irish parent born in Ireland. Got passports for both and everything. I just can't vote over there because I don't legally have a jurisdiction. Mom's Bostonian, Dad's Connemaran.

Nephew Twiddleton

Triple Zero

Huh, yeah I believed you, didn't need to post a scan ;-)

Quote from: That'll be five Twid, please. on March 02, 2012, 02:38:32 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on March 02, 2012, 02:30:24 AM

You got double citizenship?? NICE

Yep. Born on American soil, so I can run for President in 2016, and Irish citizenship transfers automatically from an Irish parent born in Ireland. Got passports for both and everything. I just can't vote over there because I don't legally have a jurisdiction. Mom's Bostonian, Dad's Connemaran.

That's pretty cool. It's just I remember how much effort it was for my ex to get dual NL/DE citizenship, and our countries are right next to eachother! She was born with DE citizenship, Dutch/German parents, could've gotten the dual somewhere in the 80s but back then without the Internet it was easy to miss such an opportunity just before they changed the laws again, somewhere last year they changed them again, specifically for people with NL/DE parents, born before 80-something, it was hard to find, lots of paperwork, but in April 2011 she finally got complete, just in time to celebrate Dutch Queen's day as an NL citizen (30 april, think your 4th of july except with more improper dancing in the middle of the streets) :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.