News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, if I'm not revolving my life around your writing, and actually like you as a person and not as a producer of entertainment, then that's you setting yourself up for a chump. Makes perfect fucking sense. Just like I only make art so my friends can ooh and ahhh over it, and not out of any inner drive or innate sense of satisfaction over it. If they fail to fully appreciate the gift I'm giving them by allowing them to be an audience for my beads and don't show me proper appreciation, they're basically backstabbing betrayers who are setting me up as a fool and I know better than to continue treating them like human beings.

Who needs friends? It's all about ADMIRERS and an AUDIENCE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Eh... I might have missed something but I'm pretty sure that Roger's being sincere and not passive-aggressive.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 18, 2014, 12:26:47 AM
I mean, if I'm not revolving my life around your writing, and actually like you as a person and not as a producer of entertainment, then that's you setting yourself up for a chump. Makes perfect fucking sense. Just like I only make art so my friends can ooh and ahhh over it, and not out of any inner drive or innate sense of satisfaction over it. If they fail to fully appreciate the gift I'm giving them by allowing them to be an audience for my beads and don't show me proper appreciation, they're basically backstabbing betrayers who are setting me up as a fool and I know better than to continue treating them like human beings.

Naw, that's not entirely accurate. 

I walked into the house last week talking to you on the phone, pretty damn happy because I had a chance to talk to my friend.  When I hung up the phone, Jenn asked me who I was talking to.  I said I had been talking to you.  Keelin says "Well, get ready for a kick, then."  Jenn just shook her head. 

"What?"

"Every time you and Nigel get along, you get bitch-slapped, Dad.  For a smart guy, you're pretty dumb.  Hell, last month you were all bent out of shape because she took the time to laugh at you in public".

(bear in mind, I'm paraphrasing from memory, here.)

The very next thing you say to me?  Page 66-67.  I was a little out of sorts because Paes and a few others were into the story, so *I* was into the story, then everyone got busy. 

You were still right, of course, and you were in the post I'm responding to.  It's a character flaw that I'm going to have to deal with.  But in the meantime, I look dumb as fuck to my wife and my daughter.  The part that stings is that THEY are right, too.

I respect the hell out of you.  You're smart and you have integrity and you have drive.

But I as I was trying to get across to you last time around, you also have an almost preternatural ability to find fracture points and a compulsion to whack 'em.  And since we're being candid, I haven't really ever gotten over that laughter.  I can deal with being hollered at, I don't deal with contempt too well.  Or at all.

So you do what you gotta do.  I'm gonna spend the next few weeks convincing my daughter that I'm not entirely a fool.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Now I'm doing garb for a king and queen of another kingdom in the limited time I have already. Because this is what happens.

I AM INVINCIBLE!  :magick:

Quickly, Scrid...the COFFFEEEEEEEEEEE

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

I'll be in Austin until Tuesday. 

Everyone be cool.

The napalm is under the sink.

Salty

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 18, 2014, 04:30:29 AM

Everyone be cool.

ALL I CAN FIND IS SCRATCH PROOF SPONGES.

WHYYYYY?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Luna

Quote from: Alty on July 18, 2014, 04:49:21 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 18, 2014, 04:30:29 AM

Everyone be cool.

Because I got to it first.   :fap:

ALL I CAN FIND IS SCRATCH PROOF SPONGES.

WHYYYYY?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

trix

So a close friend of mine just had her baby, 9 lbs, full head of black hair.  Apparently he pooped in the womb just before the C-section and breathed it in on his first breath, so nobody can hold him yet until they do something about that.  I'm told it's not a huge deal though and he will be fine.

I'm looking forward to giving the little guy hell for the rest of his life, for not even waiting until he's out of the womb before getting shitfaced!
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Raz Tech

So you're saying he popped out of the womb with a shit-eating grin?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2014, 12:55:10 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 18, 2014, 12:26:47 AM

Naw, that's not entirely accurate. 

I walked into the house last week talking to you on the phone, pretty damn happy because I had a chance to talk to my friend.  When I hung up the phone, Jenn asked me who I was talking to.  I said I had been talking to you.  Keelin says "Well, get ready for a kick, then."  Jenn just shook her head. 

"What?"

"Every time you and Nigel get along, you get bitch-slapped, Dad.  For a smart guy, you're pretty dumb.  Hell, last month you were all bent out of shape because she took the time to laugh at you in public".

(bear in mind, I'm paraphrasing from memory, here.)

The very next thing you say to me?  Page 66-67.  I was a little out of sorts because Paes and a few others were into the story, so *I* was into the story, then everyone got busy. 

You were still right, of course, and you were in the post I'm responding to.  It's a character flaw that I'm going to have to deal with.  But in the meantime, I look dumb as fuck to my wife and my daughter.  The part that stings is that THEY are right, too.

I respect the hell out of you.  You're smart and you have integrity and you have drive.

But I as I was trying to get across to you last time around, you also have an almost preternatural ability to find fracture points and a compulsion to whack 'em.  And since we're being candid, I haven't really ever gotten over that laughter.  I can deal with being hollered at, I don't deal with contempt too well.  Or at all.

So you do what you gotta do.  I'm gonna spend the next few weeks convincing my daughter that I'm not entirely a fool.

Wow, seriously? I don't like getting guilt-tripped about not having time to play on the forum, so I say so, and that makes you look the fool? So, clearly it's ME doing the guilt-tripping and setting you up. Clearly, the common denominator isn't you saying shitty guilt-trippy things on the forum, it's that I respond to them.

OK then. Have a nice life.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The irony here is that one way or another, it's my lack of engagement that's creating a problem. If I only had more to give, none of this would have happened.

Seriously, I am walking away. I have enough reference points in my life to be pretty certain this is not a drama I'm generating.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Love that you're using your wife and child to shame me, that's super classy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on July 18, 2014, 07:14:10 PM
Love that you're using your wife and child to shame me, that's super classy.

You initiated this conversation in public.  I told you what happened.

If that rates a facebook block, etc, then okay.  See you around.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

minuspace

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz:

I hate you and I hate this situation, LuciferX, so stop fucking making me laugh.

:argh!: